Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 10:22 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,301,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post

"Even though the resolution before the Senate is not as strong as I would like in requiring the diplomatic route first and placing highest priority on a simple, clear requirement for unlimited inspections, I will take the President at his word that he will try hard to pass a UN resolution and will seek to avoid war, if at all possible."

"My vote is not, however, a vote for any new doctrine of pre-emption, or for uni-lateralism, or for the arrogance of American power or purpose -- all of which carry grave dangers for our nation, for the rule of international law and for the peace and security of people throughout the world.
"
"So it is with conviction that I support this resolution as being in the best interests of our nation. A vote for it is not a vote to rush to war; it is a vote that puts awesome responsibility in the hands of our President and we say to him - use these powers wisely and as a last resort."

October 10, 2002
Floor Speech of Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton

Wow, just like John Kerry, I voted against it before I vote for it.
What a scapegoat quote.

Her vote counted period, the quote means nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2009, 10:24 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times
Wait a minute. What happened to the video of Hillbilly talking with a bunch of Code Pink Hags telling them that she had done her own research and came to the conclusion that Saddam had WMD?

Oh, here it is, I think!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYATbsu2cP8

Try to get through the crazy hags in pink - hill starts about 7:00

Last edited by sanrene; 06-29-2009 at 10:34 PM..

Old 06-29-2009, 10:24 PM

1,091 posts, read 3,591,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Fireworks over Baghdad as Iraqis take over cities - wtop.com

I'm so happy for the Iraqi people. May their country thrive and prosper.

And thank you, President Obama, for keeping your word and pulling combat troops out, so Iraq can begin healing from the damage we caused to their country when we stormed in and started bombing them and shooting them up into smithereens.

And one last thanks, to all the men and women in uniform who served. I don't have to agree with the mission to appreciate your dedication. I can support you without supporting the war you were ordered into.

Hear, hear. It's a happy day for Iraq, and for those of us who want peace.

Old 06-29-2009, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Wait a minute. What happened to the video of Hillbilly talking with a bunch of Code Pink Hags telling them that she had done her own research and came to the conclusion that Saddam had WMD?
Oops, they forgot about that one.

No, she was forced to say that.

No, she was mis-quoted.

No, she did not mean that, you took it wrong.

The loons are doing everything they can to spin this.

They know Bush gets all the credit for his freeing of millions of people and they cannot handle it.

The two faced liberal party on one hand spins success to the wrong person but then talks about how we should have never went there.

Shows just how they think.

BUSH FREED A NATION and Obama voted against that freedom. Plain and simple.

FACT! Bush was right and Obama was wrong.

Spin it all you want, facts will show that Bush was right and Obama voted against the surge that worked.

Old 06-29-2009, 10:29 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Fireworks over Baghdad as Iraqis take over cities - wtop.com

I'm so happy for the Iraqi people. May their country thrive and prosper.

And thank you, President Obama, for keeping your word and pulling combat troops out, so Iraq can begin healing from the damage we caused to their country when we stormed in and started bombing them and shooting them up into smithereens.

And one last thanks, to all the men and women in uniform who served. I don't have to agree with the mission to appreciate your dedication. I can support you without supporting the war you were ordered into.

Which of BO's policies would have created this free (relatively speaking) Iraq?

Would he have negotiated with one of the worst dictators in world history to have free elections, basic human rights and a constitutional form of government?

Would he have sweet-talked SH into stopping the mass executions and torture of his subjects?

What, besides snipe at the one who did what was right, did BO do that he should get credit for bringing democracy to Iraq?

Finally, what is wrong with your thought process that causes you to not understand that the freedom inside Iraq today is due to everything you condemn?

Old 06-29-2009, 10:29 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,461,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Wow, just like John Kerry, I voted against it before I vote for it.
What a scapegoat quote.

Her vote counted period, the quote means nothing.

What I posted proves two things:

1) That Hillary (along with other Dems) made it quite clear that they wanted diplomacy first and war as a last resort. They stressed the importance of international support by working with the UN and that this was NOT a vote for war. The speech was lengthy and went into great detail on why she felt this was important and why she trusted Bush to do the right thing.

2) People like you will remain willfully ignorant, too proud and arrogant to accept the truth.

Old 06-29-2009, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Spin it all you want, facts will show that Bush was right and Obama voted against the surge that worked.
The original goal of the surge was political in nature. After the surge the GOP changed the goal posts in order achieve what they claimed was the objective (ie less violence.) But feel free to delude yourself all you'd like.

Old 06-29-2009, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
What I posted proves two things:

1) That Hillary (along with other Dems) made it quite clear that they wanted diplomacy first and war as a last resort. They stressed the importance of international support by working with the UN and that this was NOT a vote for war. The speech was lengthy and went into great detail on why she felt this was important and why she trusted Bush to do the right thing.

2) People like you will remain willfully ignorant, too proud and arrogant to accept the truth.

People do not elect them to trust anyone, they elect them to VOTE and her vote was counted as to send them to war.

No ans if or butts, one vote period.

I do not want anyone I vote for vote one way and then use a scape goat sentence to cover their ass if they make a mistake.

The truth is Bush did the right thing and you all want to give Obama credit for it.

Once in a while even a liberal can be honest dont you think?

I know you have it in you to be honest to know that Obama if anything caused this war to go on further then it should because of his votes against important funding needed and his NO vote on the surge.

With your reasoning we do not need congress then. Get rid of them if there vote doesnt count for anything.

That would be like you saying I voted for Obama but I really did not trust him so now it is Obamas fault I voted for him.

So your vote does not count if you make a silly statement to cover your butt if it turns out that your were FOOLED.

Obama lied and America is dying because of your vote.

Old 06-29-2009, 10:37 PM

Quote:

The loons are doing everything they can to spin this.
Nothing but a clear concise words that any HONEST person can read and understand. It is you who is spinning that.

Quote:
They know Bush gets all the credit for his freeing of millions of people and they cannot handle it.
They were not asking for our "help". In case you forgot (conveniently) Bush's argument was for WMD, not that anybody needed our help. Bush and Cheney made claims and insinuated that Iraq was in cahoots with AQ. They spoke of the grave threat and mushroom clouds that we may face if action was not taken. Where are those WMD anyway?

I gaurantee you that if Bush asked America to let their kids die for Iraq's freedom, we never would have gone to war. It was WMD WMD WMD.

Old 06-29-2009, 10:38 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times
Quote:
I found one. I think it's the right one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies