Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 03:21 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,764,676 times

Advertisements

This is the opinion of a former Alaska governor
and former Palinista on the Canadian pipeline:

Alaska Politics Blog : Wally Hickel on the Exxon deal: "Palin is putting her national ambitions first" | adn.com

Discuss?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2009, 03:24 PM

Governor Palin's Big Energy Battles - Executive Articles - Portfolio.com

Old 06-26-2009, 03:45 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,538,973 times
I wonder what Palin's public stance is on the Exxon Valdez payment being negated down to nothing for those who suffered from that? It was 20 years ago, many are probably dead by now.

I remember Palin being asked about what Supreme Court decisions she either agreed with or didnt agree with and this one (along with any others except Roe Vs. Wade, I believe) could she even mention as she either was unaware, or had brain freeze .

Amazing what it takes to be successful in politics. Just smile and wave to the sheeple.

Old 06-26-2009, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I wonder what Palin's public stance is on the Exxon Valdez payment being negated down to nothing for those who suffered from that? It was 20 years ago, many are probably dead by now.

I remember Palin being asked about what Supreme Court decisions she either agreed with or didnt agree with and this one (along with any others except Roe Vs. Wade, I believe) could she even mention as she either was unaware, or had brain freeze .

Amazing what it takes to be successful in politics. Just smile and wave to the sheeple.

YouTube - Governor Sarah Palin's reaction to Exxon Valdez decision

Yes, that was disappointing when she didn't mention this decision as one she disagreed with.

Old 06-26-2009, 04:04 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,918,165 times
Let's see now what was that chant she was singing during the campaign?

Sarah Palin's Alaska pipeline dream not yet a reality | News for Dallas, Texas | Dallas Morning News | Latest News (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/090608dnpolpalinpipes.1a0b928.html - broken link)

Quote:
Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin boasted this week that she stood up to Big Oil in advancing a decades-old ambition to bring natural gas to the Lower 48. But experts say she'll eventually have to sit down with the oil giants if she wants her pipeline dream to become a reality.
Quote:
Since taking office less than two years ago, Ms. Palin has increased tax rates on current oil production, pushed through the Alaska Gasline Inducement Act, which authorized a $500 million subsidy for TransCanada, and increased pressure on ExxonMobil by revoking some undeveloped gas leases on the North Slope. ExxonMobil sued, but says it wants to settle and is continuing work in the area.
Now whose azz is she kissing?

http://www.newsminer.com/news/2009/jun/11/sarah-palin-mum-possible-pipeline-partnership/

Quote:

Meanwhile, Gov. Sarah Palin was reportedly in Texas on Wednesday, where Exxon is headquartered.
That’s fueling some speculation among Alaska lawmakers about whether Palin played a role in a potential partnership between Exxon, a North Slope producer she’s often been at odds with, and TransCanada, which was awarded an exclusive state license sanctioning the gas pipeline under the Alaska Gasline Inducement Act.

Old 06-26-2009, 04:08 PM

Quote:

She's going through a lot of chapstick now that she has to go to Exxon on bended knees to ask them to establish a partnership with TransCanada in order to get that pipeline that will be mainly in Canada built.

Old 06-26-2009, 04:32 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,777,470 times
Quote:

Most of the Republicans were FOR Exxon and AGAINST the fishermen and Eskimos. They said Exxon is God and can do what it wants and if you sheeple don't like it, that is tough *****!

Old 06-26-2009, 04:33 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,777,470 times
Do we pay Canada anything for building a pipeline through their country? Do they get any cut of the gas that passed through the pipe? Or do we just tell them "we are putting it here and if you don't like it, go pound salt"?

Old 06-26-2009, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Do we pay Canada anything for building a pipeline through their country? Do they get any cut of the gas that passed through the pipe? Or do we just tell them "we are putting it here and if you don't like it, go pound salt"?
Oh yeah; Canada will clean up.

This was supposed to be Alaska's pipeline, from Prudoe to Valdez, with the money and the jobs staying in the state. Palin appeared to be a strong supporter of this at one time.

Old 06-26-2009, 06:48 PM

Canada will be paid if oil passes through the pipeline and they will be paid if oil doesn't pass through the pipeline.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies