Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 05:02 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,763,471 times

Advertisements

Yep, another bank. Bailed out by you sheeple. Last week they gave 50% raises to their already overpaid executives. This week they stick it to you with huge increases in fees.
If we were not such sheeple in this country, we would stand up to these criminals and have a mass credit card burning and close our accounts with the giamt monster mega banks.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090701/bs_nm/us_citigroup (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2009, 05:11 AM

3,457 posts, read 4,653,554 times
I assume you mean the sheeple of the government and the sheeple that voted in the current fools?

Old 07-01-2009, 05:12 AM

4,829 posts, read 6,930,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Yep, another bank. Bailed out by you sheeple. Last week they gave 50% raises to their already overpaid executives. This week they stick it to you with huge increases in fees.
If we were not such sheeple in this country, we would stand up to these criminals and have a mass credit card burning and close our accounts with the giamt monster mega banks.

Citi raises rates on millions of credit cards: report - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090701/bs_nm/us_citigroup - broken link)
Yep, Obama Hope and Change. Waaaa! Waaaaa!

Old 07-01-2009, 05:22 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post

Citi raises rates on millions of credit cards: report - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090701/bs_nm/us_citigroup - broken link)
Long before the bailout credit card companies were sticking it to card holders.....that's just good old American business, screw whoever you can (the Bernie Madoff- Who Needs Regulation- Principle).

Sometimes I'm tempted to be on their side.....I have no credit card debt, because, unlike most people , I realize a piece of plastic is NOT really money.

Old 07-01-2009, 05:24 AM

37,203 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Long before the bailout credit card companies were sticking it to card holders.....that's just good old American business, screw whoever you can (the Bernie Madoff- Who Needs Regulation- Principle).

Sometimes I'm tempted to be on their side.....I have no credit card debt, because, unlike most people , I realize a piece of plastic is NOT really money.
I'm with you.

I like cash. I can tell when I run out of it.

Old 07-01-2009, 05:29 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
Bailing out the mega banks started BEFORE Obama was elected. The deal was done before he could change anything. The bankers involved with this latest scam should be charged with fraud and grand theft, tried and jailed. The company should have its corporate charter canceled and be killed. They created the mess and they should pay for the cleanup.

Old 07-01-2009, 05:33 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,185,348 times
Anyone who didn't see this coming when legislation prohibiting increased interest rates on prior accumulations of balances is a blind fool. Populism is so awesome.

Old 07-01-2009, 05:40 AM

5,376 posts, read 5,346,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
I assume you mean the sheeple of the government and the sheeple that voted in the current fools?

No the sheeple that followed and worshiped the previous administration, that handed all the money to them with no strings attached, which started the bail out ball rolling. How soon we forget.

If it will keep people who shouldn't have credit cards in the first place, from getting one, it's a win win for everybody.

Old 07-01-2009, 05:47 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,859,732 times
I don't have anything with Citibank on it. close yours if you do and it means so much to you... you might as well do it with any of the banks and open you account with a local credit union.

I think you will find few people really care to take any action. Most won't bend over to pick up money. Did anyone actually read anything about the candidates last election? The reps are mad because they didnt win but in fact it would have looked exactly the same. Well other than McCain would not have brought any dems into positions. People wanted change but from what I can see its business as usual. The war hasn't ended. he wants to increase our efforts in Afganistan, possible Iran and Pakistan... What has changed? spending has jumped? companies are closing, malls are empty and I see more and more businesses leaving vacant buildings in their wake.

I can say I really did want a change. I voted for Nader. For you that are crying over split milk you are fooling yourselves that McCain would have done a single thing differently. Stop whinning about the past and do something for the future. If you really want change look at the third parties, otherwise it will be more of the same.

Old 07-01-2009, 05:53 AM

5,615 posts, read 14,793,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Anyone who didn't see this coming when legislation prohibiting increased interest rates on prior accumulations of balances is a blind fool. Populism is so awesome.
Increased interest rates to cover the increased writeoff cost from people at a higher risk?

Need I remind you that politics forums aren't the place for logic and reason!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies