Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 09:57 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,833,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
To me what they are saying is it will take a huge kick in America's ass for our federal government to truly look after us not the world. As far as violence is concerned, there is truth to what he says in that if we are going to fight a war because we've been attacked or severally threatened then kick their asses into the next century not nation-build which is what America has done and is doing since WW2 at the expense of the American people. That's how I read it.
I don't. Here's what I hear: "people demand that their government protect them effectively, consistently, and with as much violence as necessary"

Not only is there a wish for Osama Bin Laden to target America, there is also hope for government to take up violence to protect America. War mongering suddenly sounds mild. I don't see anything you do, but treason towards personal political fulfillment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okiegirlfriend View Post
We don't need Bin Laden to attack America. We have BO!
Wrong. Osama couldn't ask for a better ally than the neo-cons that have been dividing and eating this country from inside.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2009, 10:09 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,560,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Wrong. Osama couldn't ask for a better ally than the neo-cons that have been dividing and eating this country from inside.
Neocons? You mean the ones that the liberals accuse of falsifying events to start a war against the taliban, which bin Laden represents?

Osama did not have to ask for a better allie...the liberals elected one and keep shouting that the can do no wrong.

Old 07-01-2009, 10:12 AM

7,359 posts, read 10,282,499 times
Quote:
I don't. Here's what I hear: "people demand that their government protect them effectively, consistently, and with as much violence as necessary"

Not only is there a wish for Osama Bin Laden to target America, there is also hope for government to take up violence to protect America. War mongering suddenly sounds mild. I don't see anything you do, but treason towards personal political fulfillment.

Absolutely correct. Bin Laden is no doubt sitting back in satisfaction, watching the Republican party tear this country apart. The right-wing faction in Congress and elsewhere have been attacking Barack Obama since way before the election. And since he was elected--democratically (which doesn't seem to matter to the right wing)--they have been trying their best to make sure that he fails. They are treasonous in the extreme--and giving great satisfaction to Osama Bin Laden.

Old 07-01-2009, 10:14 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,160,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
Bin Laden doesn't need to attack America because we are still recovering from his last attack.
Bin Laden doesn't need to attack America because we are still reeling from the economic terrorist attack from our own rich and powerful.

Old 07-01-2009, 11:14 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,121,570 times
Quote:
"people demand that their government protect them effectively, consistently, and with as much violence as necessary"

A Glimmer of Hope: Osama Bin Laden, The Savior

I guess the loons failed to mention that didn't work in 2001...

I don't think even Glenn Beck took that idiot seriously.

Another coup for Faux and Media Matters.

Old 07-01-2009, 11:16 AM

10 posts, read 12,572 times
Michael Scheuer is a great American person. A true individual, non-political and a person of truth.

Old 07-01-2009, 11:37 AM

2,794 posts, read 4,157,738 times
Um,wow. What a freaking NUT. Scary that there are actually people who WANT the US to endure another attack!

Old 07-01-2009, 11:39 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,121,570 times
Quote:
Neocons? You mean the ones that the liberals accuse of falsifying events to start a war against the taliban, which bin Laden represents?
Actually, the neocons falsified intell to get us into Iraq. Afghanistan actually had connections to bin Laden.

Old 07-01-2009, 12:42 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,560,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Actually, the neocons falsified intell to get us into Iraq. Afghanistan actually had connections to bin Laden.
Nice attempt to redirect what was said. Nowhere did I mention Iraq, you did. Once again, an example of liberals trying to only recognize what they want to say as truth. Regardless of the truth of the matter.

Old 07-01-2009, 12:45 PM

5,165 posts, read 6,055,982 times
Quote:

It does seem to me they are eerily similar.
Far right wing Religious kooks defending their land at any cost, trying to shape people's visions so they are the same as theirs, shout useless inflamatory rhetoric to show they are devoted, keep adding to this list I know there is more...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies