Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 07:01 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
Yeah that town hall meeting was just an impromptu gathering of concerned citizens.
So where, do you suppose, are debates on this ?
I've heard sound clips of his meetings and he has talked about what the other side is saying isn't true. So invite those folks to a healthy debate and debunk them with your data.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2009, 07:51 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
Yeah that town hall meeting was just an impromptu gathering of concerned citizens.
Where would you get that idea?? Of course it wasn't impromptu.

They never are , John McCain's weren't...(remember one of his where this bedraggled mumbling slob said Obama was an A-rab? THAT may have been impromptu because even McCain seemed embarrassed).

Why not have an example of what our current "Health" care system does to people??????

They don't have to fake examples!

You think all these people are lying??????

You think they're making it up that huge medical bills aren't grinding people into poverty???

Well, it's true....60 to 70% of bankruptcies are caused by medical bills.

People don't choose to get debilitating illnesses or have accidents! But it happens and there are two choices for them:

1. Die because they can't afford health care.

2. Live but end up poverty stricken and/or living on the streets.

HOW is either one GOOD FOR AMERICA????

Do you Anti-American Citizens EVER think of the good of your country?????

Old 07-02-2009, 08:10 AM

3,199 posts, read 4,316,979 times
I see your point.

Why do we need a bi partisan discourse on something so ho hum as the revamping of the health care industry and the creation of an entire bureaucracy, when Obama is clearly an expert in this regard.

How un-American of me to have assumed otherwise.

Old 07-02-2009, 08:12 AM

3,199 posts, read 4,316,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
So where, do you suppose, are debates on this ?
I've heard sound clips of his meetings and he has talked about what the other side is saying isn't true. So invite those folks to a healthy debate and debunk them with your data.
Same reason Al Gore won't debate on "climate change".
Re:The Emperor Has No Clothes.

Old 07-02-2009, 08:21 AM

687 posts, read 1,946,594 times
Quote:
...and another one misses the point. Whine all you want about politics - unless you back it up with policy, you'll get left behind.

Old 07-02-2009, 08:35 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,763,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
I just wanted to get your opinions on this:

President Obama apparently called a cancer patient "Exhibit A". He did hug her apparently, but..

Am I being oversensitive if I say this is an outrage to use a cancer patient as an exhibit to promote your political agenda? It also sounds very condescending.

Debby Smith, 53, of Appalachia, Va., fought tears as she told Obama of her kidney cancer and her inability to obtain health insurance or hold a job. The president embraced her and called her "exhibit A" in an unsustainable system that is too expensive and complex for millions of Americans.

Hugging cancer patient, Obama pitches health plan - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090701/ap_on_go_pr_wh/us_obama_health_forum - broken link)

This thread can also discuss what he said about his proposals, not that we have not heard the arguments before.
He was right on the money with it. He wanted to show how the &*(^%d up health system in this country treats REAL working people and she gave him the chance to do it. That is the REALITY that millions of Americans face everyday with the status quo. Lose your job, get laid off, job moves to Mexico and presto! No insurance! And then you get cancer and they tell you to go home and die. That is exactly what happens. Everyday. That is why we have to change the employer based system. And even if gets better- and I pray to God she gets some help- and gets another job she will not get health insurance because of "pre existing conditions".

Old 07-02-2009, 08:37 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,197,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post

You think all these people are lying??????

You think they're making it up that huge medical bills aren't grinding people into poverty???

Well, it's true....60 to 70% of bankruptcies are caused by medical bills.
I'm not denying how some can get caught with huge medical bills but, as with other reasons for bankruptsy....what percentage of this 60/70% COULD pay their bills off if bankruptsy wasn't an option.
How many of that percentage COULD have been avoided with better financial planning?
I think many of us know that all bankruptsies 'shouldn't' be allowed to happen.

Old 07-02-2009, 08:42 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
I see your point.

Why do we need a bi partisan discourse on something so ho hum as the revamping of the health care industry and the creation of an entire bureaucracy, when Obama is clearly an expert in this regard.

How un-American of me to have assumed otherwise.
ally, I don't think its WHAT we want to do. I think the debate comes into HOW we want to do it.

Obama's way may not be the only way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies