Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 09:57 PM

132 posts, read 430,059 times

Advertisements

Did anyone else read this, it is so sad..

"Boys' issues are serious and less addressed than those of girls, While both boys and girls face issues — in school and out — the problems affecting boys are serious and have not been properly addressed by policy makers, according to a new review article by psychologist Judith Kleinfeld"

U.S. Society Ignoring Serious Boy Problems | LiveScience

Mr. Obama created a national commission for girls, but turned his back on the boys, especially African American boys. If that is not discrimination I don't know what is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2009, 10:35 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,314,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCBGirl View Post
Did anyone else read this, it is so sad..

"Boys' issues are serious and less addressed than those of girls, While both boys and girls face issues — in school and out — the problems affecting boys are serious and have not been properly addressed by policy makers, according to a new review article by psychologist Judith Kleinfeld"

U.S. Society Ignoring Serious Boy Problems | LiveScience

Mr. Obama created a national commission for girls, but turned his back on the boys, especially African American boys. If that is not discrimination I don't know what is.
When I was in the Fifth grade, the teacher would pit the boys against the girls in multiplication table contests. If you got one wrong, you were out, then the winner would be the one who gave all correct answers to about 50 multiplication problems in the least amount of time. I was always in the top three on the boys side. We top boys could look at 5x7, 8x6, etc. and give instantaneously, correct answers. I couldn't figure out how the girls would always beat us on time. Then one day the three fast girls were talking in the hallway and laughing as they recited all the correct answers in the precise order of the table given in class without looking at the table. I thought that was terrible - they had memorized the answers to the table!

So, I complained privately with the teacher. I said, "those girls have memorized the table". The teacher (female) said, "well that's the point".

I said, "but, but . ."

On the day of the final test, however, the teacher handed out a new multiplication table that had the same problems, but in a different order than the table that had been constantly competed in days prior.

On test day, 7 boys beat the fastest girl.

GIRLS CHEAT!

Last edited by ergohead; 07-01-2009 at 11:25 PM..

Old 07-02-2009, 07:35 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Oh, the poor boys! After decades of getting preference they don't deserve, such as having SAT questions re-written so they would outscore girls (I read this in Newsweek recently) and the like, the girls have finally caught up and outpaced them, and now people are crying.

Old 07-02-2009, 07:37 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
we did not have a boy problem b4, we tanned their hide and sent them to the army to finish raising them. after that they could feed cloth and house themselves no problem.
we have met the enemy, and he is us.

Old 07-02-2009, 07:40 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,745,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Oh, the poor boys! After decades of getting preference they don't deserve, such as having SAT questions re-written so they would outscore girls (I read this in Newsweek recently) and the like, the girls have finally caught up and outpaced them, and now people are crying.

You clearly didn't read this link. It also discussed increased suicide rate among boys. Even a liberal couldn't be that cold hearted.

Last edited by shorebaby; 07-02-2009 at 07:53 AM..

Old 07-02-2009, 07:50 AM

8,629 posts, read 9,130,021 times
This has been going on for years. Read the book " The Myth of Male Power" it'll answer many questions. And it is a very interesting book, an eye opener.
THE MYTH OF MALE POWER by WARREN FARRELL, Ph.D

Old 07-02-2009, 07:52 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,113,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
You clearly didn't read this link. It also discusswed increased suicide rate among boys. Even a liberal couldn't be that cold hearted.
You can't argue with Feminazi's. Every ounce of their judgement is clouded by the percieved wrongs committed by men. This post surprises me not one bit.

Old 07-02-2009, 07:55 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,745,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
You can't argue with Feminazi's. This post surprises me not one bit.

I guess it doesn't surprise me but I think this person claims to be a nurse. Some compassion.

Old 07-02-2009, 07:57 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,698,048 times
For many, many years, at least up until the 80's, girls received the short end of the stick. Career expectations were not high for them, they received unequal funding for sports and in many cases women were flat out discriminated against. Things began to change, for the better, with the feminist movement. If the pendulum has swung too far in girls' favor and boys are being ignored, the issues should be addressed.

We need to take care of all our children and provide equal opportunities for them, regardless of their sex.

Old 07-02-2009, 07:59 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,142,009 times
From the link:

"I, like Dr. Kleinfeld, don’t want to say that one [gender] has more problems than the other," said William S. Pollack"

No controversy . Girls have problems, boys have problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies