Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 06:21 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,771,962 times

Advertisements

Sanford is a wealthy man that apparently got tired of the crap he was doing and followed his dick instead of his brain. Would that we were all so fortunate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2009, 06:23 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,108,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RABBI JOE View Post
Following the events of Governor Mark Sanford, honestly, I feel bad for him, terrible in fact. I feel sorry for all those involved.

But, I feel worse for all Americans. We are all lost in twisted logic. Let me explain.

One of the most abominable sins in all of moral history is homosexuality. The broad American public at large however, is asked to except this at large. One of the hottest political subjects and arguments today is that of the gay rights, and gay marriages. Something that throughout the world’s history has been known to be horrid and twisted. Uch!

Unfortunately, Governor Sanford succumbed to a hearts desire. Is it wrong? Yes! Is it normal….. Well far more normal then two men living together.

Now if Americans can quietly digest the disgust and filth of public homosexuality, why can the governor not be understood and forgiven.

Or am I missing something? Is it that he was not caught with another man.

May G-D forgive us all.
Your kidding, right????

His heart's desire??? He is the Governor of SC, he disappeared for 5 days (NOT the first time) and didn't tell anyone in his office, or his home, where he was, or how to get in touch with him. AND, to top it off, he went on his South American booty call on the taxpayers dime.

What did he do so wrong?

Examine your own value system and get back to me.

Old 07-02-2009, 06:25 AM

969 posts, read 2,852,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RABBI JOE View Post
Is it that he was not caught with another man.
It is that people who hold themselves "holier than thou" fall the farthest. No one ever "caught' Hugh Hefner or Larry Flynt in a scandal - we knew they were what they were to begin with.

It is the Hypocrisy of it all

Old 07-02-2009, 06:34 AM

1,718 posts, read 2,424,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgod View Post
What did he do wrong?

For starters;

1. Absent without leave from his job. To hear him tell it over the last few months he (and a few other R governors) are the only ones singlehandedly preventing the collapse of the US. Under that scenario he is the equivalent of a soldier during wartime. AWOL during wartime is punishable by death.

2. Lied to his constiuents, about his absence from his job of protecting them.

3. Lied to his staff.

4. Lied to his wife.

5. Apparently misused public funds. You know the public funds that he is so overly protective of.
(cut for length)
This, this and then some, this. I don't care who he is diddling on the side as long as he shows himself capable of having his priorities in order to the point that the state which he's governing comes before the diddlee.

On a slightly different note, what I don't get is why homosexuality and the OPs obvious disgust of it had to be brought into the discussion of Sanford in order to make him more palatable. It is a bit like saying abortion is disgusting but since our society allows that then we should forgive Sanford. Note: I picked abortion merely because it is a hot button topic.

Old 07-02-2009, 06:37 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,078,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgod View Post
What did he do wrong?

For starters;

1. Absent without leave from his job. To hear him tell it over the last few months he (and a few other R governors) are the only ones singlehandedly preventing the collapse of the US. Under that scenario he is the equivalent of a soldier during wartime. AWOL during wartime is punishable by death.

2. Lied to his constiuents, about his absence from his job of protecting them.

3. Lied to his staff.

4. Lied to his wife.

5. Apparently misused public funds. You know the public funds that he is so overly protective of.

6. Lied about his lies when he got back.

7. Has proven himself untrustworthy.

8. Is a self-righteous POS, who stood on the floor of the house and moralized over President Clinton and his sexual escapades and insisted that President Clinton should resign.

I've only listed 8, but I'm sure you'll have some moral justification for these too.

golfgod
REP2UESPECIALLY #8

Old 07-02-2009, 06:41 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,844,267 times
Didnt think democrats cared what people did in their bedrooms. Guess they care only if they have an R by their name

Old 07-02-2009, 06:44 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,844,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grasonville View Post
It is that people who hold themselves "holier than thou" fall the farthest. No one ever "caught' Hugh Hefner or Larry Flynt in a scandal - we knew they were what they were to begin with.

It is the Hypocrisy of it all
Yes hes not a perfect man. I dont think anyone else. He messed up big time. now lets hang him because hes a R . Democrats can cheat on their spouses all day long and be loved. Now thats being a hypocrite also.

So you never mess up and do something you dont believe in doing?

I do and then I feel like junk for a while and try to not do it again. No one is perfect,

Old 07-02-2009, 06:51 AM

969 posts, read 2,852,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
So you never mess up and do something you dont believe in doing?
Nope - at the TIME it felt like the right thing - that's why it is called free will - I don't hold myself up as a paragon of virtue -people who do deserve what they get

Old 07-02-2009, 07:05 AM

551 posts, read 855,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelist in Atlanta View Post
Thank you, my friend. You nailed it. Maybe and just maybe he did nothing illegal. But what he did was way wrong!

- Reel
Actually he did break a couple of laws.

There is a very old law in SC about adultery. There is a fine and possible jail time.

S.C. Code of Laws Title 16 Chapter 15 Offenses Against Morality And Decency - www.scstatehouse.gov-LPITS (http://www.scstatehouse.gov/CODE/t16c015.htm - broken link)

Secondly, is he not the Commander in Chief of the SC National Guard?

There is an article in the Uniformed Code of Military Justice (UCMJ Article 134) on adultery.

Article 134— Adultery

I realize those "laws" are not really enforced anymore, but they are still on the books and he did break them.

Old 07-02-2009, 07:10 AM

551 posts, read 855,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Yes hes not a perfect man. I dont think anyone else. He messed up big time. now lets hang him because hes a R . Democrats can cheat on their spouses all day long and be loved. Now thats being a hypocrite also.
This has nothing to do with D or R. It has to do with public TRUST. Sanford cannot be trusted to lead SC and he now has no power left to lead.

I live in the most conservative part of SC, the Upstate area, and everyone here believes he should resign, republican or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies