Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 01:41 PM

221 posts, read 379,592 times

Advertisements

Don't poses any actual military threat? WalterK please pay special attention to the following:

30 « June « 2009 « Save Burma
Japan Arrests Three for Suspected Technology Export to Burma

by Solomon

Tuesday, 30 June 2009 19:47

This article shows a sample of the corruption network North Korea has
available to sell weapons... (also to our immediate neighbors!) And China is blinding their eyes to all of this?

Our US sanction guy, Philip Goldberg, went over to China a couple of days ago and asked China "HOW COME?" Now he's going over to
the Malaysians capital to find out "HOW COME?" And why isn't he going to
Myanmar (Burma)?

And why does the US sanction guy have to do it all? Where is the United
Nations on this? Don't they know that this is majorly serious!?!?!?
I guess the UN Secretary General is going to Myanmar this week, but weapons purchasing from NK doesn’t seem to be on the agenda. Why not? The news said the Secretary General is more interested in Myanmar unrest that makes them want to get weapons. Well, just over the Thai border is a pile of cash that will take any unused equipment off of their hands if the unrest stops. Why waste a lucrative
route already in place?

If the world would behave itself, North Korea would be compelled to
go back to the talking table out of absolute necessity.

And then, the grand announcement, Malaysia recently said they will
push ahead full throttle to acquire domestic nuclear power generating
capabilities. Oh my goodness. They have in the waters just north
more oil than Kuwait! Something tells me they really aren't too interested
in making electricity. Electricity is a garnish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterK View Post
It not even a question. Iran and N. Korea both grew balls with the administration change. The thing that settles me though is the fact that we can really just laugh at them with this little power play both countries are doing and hope that choking their money supply will get them to play ball. Neither country poses any actual military threat. If N. Korea launch an IBCM with a nuke attached to it, it wouldn't get half way across the Pacific before being shot down, nor would there be a N. Korea left to watch it get shot down. Obama is a pretty big sally on the foreign policy arena with his ideology that apologizing to everyone will somehow earn their respect, but I don't believe for a second he would be willing to go down in history as the President that let our country get nuked by some morons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2009, 01:43 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
last time i looked korea is on eastern side of asia. looks like an asian issue to me,
china is 2nd largest kid on the block and 75% of all their biz, i think china is up to dealing with them. more and more i like mr obama, you can bet if the crowd is yelling jump jump its the wrong move.

Old 07-02-2009, 06:48 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,515,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post

That's nothing. Holla at me when they throw an 8-roper.
You'll be the first to know...but give me a yell too....LOL...

Old 07-02-2009, 08:03 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times
Isn't N. Korea a sovereign nation?
Who is the US to tell other countries what they can or cannot do?
Oh, only those we want to have weapons can have weapons?
That's malarkey.

Old 07-02-2009, 08:17 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
That's malarkey.
I have to agree that this should be an issue for the countries surrounding N. Korea. I do think they pose a threat to us, but that is b/c we are planted in the DMZ.

I don't know why we still have 36,000 or so soldiers in the DMZ. Never have understood that. Why do we have to be S. Korea's watchdog? S. Korea basically hates us, too.

If we left the DMZ - just think. All those soldiers could come home and then do duty protecting our national borders. Seems like that would reduce the "threat level" more than having us stationed on the S. Korean border.

Old 07-02-2009, 08:21 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,515,219 times
Quote:
That's malarkey.
OMG....I haven't heard "malarkey", since my mom died....she would always say so and so is full of malarkey....funny.

Old 07-02-2009, 08:23 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times
Our sainted Irish moms?!

Old 07-03-2009, 01:51 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,450,111 times
Quote:
That's malarkey.
That stance has been virtually criminal over the past century. It allowed literally 150,000,000 people to be murdered or starved to death in labor camps. I guess everyone has opinions though.

Old 07-04-2009, 02:14 AM

3,728 posts, read 4,868,084 times
Quote:
Absolutely.

It is stupid to let those who consider you an enemy have weapons that can kill millions of your citizens. It makes sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies