Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2009, 02:42 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,593,491 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Yes, there will be a new level of codes, energy efficiency codes that a home owner needs to meet. There will be a new type of inspector that will give you a report. I believe it's going to be the EPA that will define a certification and get classes created so inspectors can be certified to do these types of audits.

I do not know what this will do to fixer-uppers or as-is homes. I understand there will be fines to pay if you don't bring your home up to energy code. I have not personally read that in the bill. Then again the bill is huge and I have not read every word.
Good analysis.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2009, 02:45 PM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,292,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
No way this could be true, could it? Why? It really seems to me our government is hell bent on destroying our middle class.

We outsource millions of jobs.

The government is not the entity which is outsourcing jobs. It's the big businesses that have been doing that.

Old 07-02-2009, 02:47 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Folks..here's an online text version. I do not know for sure if this includes the 300 page amendment doc.

Text of H.R.2454 as Engrossed in House: ... OpenCongress

Old 07-02-2009, 02:48 PM

8,629 posts, read 9,134,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdavid002 View Post
It is all about control. They will tell you what to drive, where to live, what size house you can live in, what you will make..does this sound familiar..maybe like Communism.. This is real..this isnt Rush or Hannity or Fox spin. This is real life people..we need to wake up
How long can this nonsense go on. I think it's coming to the point that Americans need to march on Washington if this keeps up. I think it would be healthy and a wake up call to the government that we are not frightened of you. This is really starting to look bad. The Fed seems to be turning on Americans with little thought in the process. Very arrogant indeed.

Old 07-02-2009, 02:50 PM

Quote:
No way this could be true, could it? Why? It really seems to me our government is hell bent on destroying our middle class. There's something most Americans are missing that our representatives are failing to articulate to us. I don't for a minute believe the sole reason for this is to save energy, something doesn't square, something else is afoot.
Our education system is subpar, we have open borders with millions of unskilled people crossing it. We outsource millions of jobs. The price of energy will be artificially inflated, etc. etc.............
Obama didn't tell people this. Gore didn't tell people this.
We, the taxpayers will be paying to make those companies burn clean and lower their emissions through taxes, fees and permits.

Old 07-02-2009, 02:51 PM

This is the extreme left environmentalists that finally got a puppet in the White House to do their bidding. They are the ones that stand to make millions off of these new energy standards..like Gore. When the Sheriff is removing all of your furniture to the streets after they throw you out of your home..they will be laughing at you..pay attention. Remember Nazi Germany..nobody paid attention until it was too late. Look at the signs..they are right in front of your face.

Old 07-02-2009, 02:52 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,261,277 times
Quote:
Yes, there will be a new level of codes, energy efficiency codes that a home owner needs to meet. There will be a new type of inspector that will give you a report. I believe it's going to be the EPA that will define a certification and get classes created so inspectors can be certified to do these types of audits.

I do not know what this will do to fixer-uppers or as-is homes. I understand there will be fines to pay if you don't bring your home up to energy code. I have not personally read that in the bill. Then again the bill is huge and I have not read every word.
The biggest fine I see that we older home owners will get to pay will be the huge electric bills we will get along with the inflated prices of everything we buy other than electricity. The middle class has been stabbed in the heart unless the honest Senators read that piece of crap I call Crap and Tax. Only fools don't see why they make those things so long and insert all those amendments at the very last minute. Of course, we have a huge number of fools like that.

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times
Quote:

Well, I just read the entire section 202 of the bill, the section on retrofitting. It's full of language like incentives and rewards, not the kind of language that is used in conjunction with involuntary participation.

This has not passed the Senate yet so there is still a chance.

Read the bill for yourself..yeah it's boring but pieces will jump out at you and make you angry.
Get yourself angry and fire off an email to your Senator.

Old 07-02-2009, 02:53 PM

Quote:
How long can this nonsense go on. I think it's coming to the point that Americans need to march on Washington if this keeps up. I think it would be healthy and a wake up call to the government that we are not frightened of you. This is really starting to look bad. The Fed seems to be turning on Americans with little thought in the process. Very arrogant indeed.
Get to your Senators before its too late. Tell them in no uncertain terms that a vote for this bill is a vote agaisnt them in the next election. That is the only thing that will defeat this bill. (And I'm totally down for a march)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies