Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 10:18 PM

1,718 posts, read 2,424,993 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
Omg. You lost an election it is not the end of the world (though some Republicans seem to wish it were), cry me a river, build a bridge and get over it

I thought Dems lost their minds when Gore lost but they have nothing on the Reps this time around. A roomful of hormonal teenage girls about to go to a Jonas Brothers concert wouldn't be as over the top as some Reps have been since the election.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2009, 10:21 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,706,419 times
I find it cute that conservatism essentially destroyed our nation over the past eight years. Like we always have, we fixed it with the opposing ideology, and now all conservatives can do is complain that our country's being destroyed simply because we voted to fix the problems created by their own ideology.

Makes no sense.

Old 07-02-2009, 10:21 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
I don't believe you.

But again - keep up the "Kenyan" silliness. It's really great because it shows how nutty and stupid the wingnuts are in general. I appreciate it.
Why do you not believe this? One of those people is 67 years old and has been a Republican all his life but he was taken in by the campaign promises of The One and really thought he could pull it off. He hasn't done much other than get some unread bills passed and failed to let the money enter the stream of the economy. Is there really quite a lot more?

Old 07-02-2009, 10:22 PM

105 posts, read 214,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig121 View Post
2008 when Obama won?

So Obama won. OKAY!! Now what!

They gonna stop the fraudsters, (I hate that word) the dear dumb people who don't understand money. The cave men that don't get that it is a global economy with global implications and global pollutants. However much daggone money you are making.

Campfire in a Can. On Myspace.

Old 07-02-2009, 10:23 PM

When they say the unemployment rate is the highest it's been in 25 years, do you know who was two years into his presidency 25 years ago?

Ronald Reagan - and yet he's widely credited with fixing the economy. Give it time and stop wishing for our country to fail. Adult swim time.

Old 07-02-2009, 10:24 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
I find it cute that conservatism essentially destroyed our nation over the past eight years. Like we always have, we fixed it with the opposing ideology, and now all conservatives can do is complain that our country's being destroyed simply because we voted to fix the problems created by their own ideology.

Makes no sense.
Can you give me a list of differences in Bush and Obama? I can't find it other than that Bush wasn't an appeaser and Obama is.

Old 07-02-2009, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Can you give me a list of differences in Bush and Obama? I can't find it other than that Bush wasn't an appeaser and Obama is.
Seriously? You must not be paying much attention. I don't have time to list them all - a few to whet your palate for the new era ushered in:

redistributed the military to most logically fight the war on terror

redefined our relationships with numerous countries (results pending - but no doubt new relationships are forming after 8 years of pure hatred of the U.S.)

Is not appeasing anybody, but simply demonstrating the courage to admit mistakes and, in so doing, encouraging other nations to admit their mistakes and move forward

detached science from policy (though recent reports of the EPA suppressing climate research is disconcerting. Hopefully it will be dealt with now that the White House has knowledge of the unethical actions).

pushing to rise above the barbarism of a society that forces its citizens to compete against one another for their very health.

Rebuilding our dilapidated infrastructure

Expanding rail transit to make our economies function better (the only development expanding right now is around transit)

Saved our last remaining industrial base (and intends to get government out as soon as possible).

Made major investments (not just lip service) in stimulating a renewable energy economy and truly weaning us off oil.

...and gave the orders to take out pirates and save one of our brave captains moving the economy over water.

Old 07-02-2009, 11:21 PM

18,132 posts, read 25,282,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Well this about sums it up. So sad for America......
There's absolutely no racism behind it,
Man, what is the main difference between Obama and all the other democratic presidents we've had....

Old 07-03-2009, 05:57 AM

^
Policy-wise, Obama's a very conventional Democrat. There aren't really new ideas, so it is baffling that people are so shocked at what he's doing. He's just drawing on the same playbook that's been in use since the FDR revolution.

Old 07-03-2009, 06:57 AM

3,387 posts, read 6,628,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Well, I checked the birth chart and don't find suicide per se.

This country has Mercury, Venus and Jupiter all in Cancer with Venus and Jupiter conjunct. This country is extremely homey (patriotic).

Right now, malefic Neptune is transiting this country's natal Moon in Aquarius, while malefic Saturn is transiting this country's natal Neptune in Virgo, which is also malefic.

All this shyt's gonna pass - don't sweat it too much.

http://www.astro.com/swisseph/ae/1700/ae_1776.pdf
How the @!%$# do you read that thing?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies