Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2009, 11:25 PM
pba

410 posts, read 917,349 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
You are aware aren't you, that the boy who accused him of molesting him, now came forward and said it wasn't true?

Was MJ a weirdo? Yes, I believe he was. A pedophile? No, I really don't think so.
Ironic how the boy in question didn't come forward to testify only after MJ paid him $ 15,000,000.

Also, sleeping in the same bed with underage boys not related to you just screams of being a pedophile. Obvious question, would you let your underage son sleep with Michael Jackson? No, of course not (if you're sane at least) because the behavior is related to pedophelia.

Although I have to admit, here's my favorite MJ line from an article entitled, 'Why I sleep with little boys' which were his own words:

.....after the infamous moment when he dangled the baby over a balcony in Berlin, and the star cannot see what he has done wrong., "Why would I throw a baby off the balcony?' he asks. 'That's the dumbest stupidest story I ever heard.'

He says his fans 'were chanting they wanted to see the baby and I was kind enough to show them'.

Why I sleep with little boys, by Michael Jackson | Mail Online

Old 07-11-2009, 11:27 PM

481 posts, read 943,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
If Michael did not exist, someone else would have been the source of attention. Entertainers have no real effect on our standard of living. More important people like Nikola Tesla have been forgotten, while performers get the admiration of the masses. Today kids want to be a sports figure, singer, actor or the like, not a scientist, inventor or the like. Performers/entertainers are not "heroes" but diversions. They can do heroic things just like anyone else, but their existance does not improve the lives of most people by any appreciable degree.
There is a difference between an entertainer and an artist. I see MJ as an artist and I for one value the arts and think they play a huge role in our history and soceity in general. I don't see anything wrong with kids looking up to great artists whether it be in the field of dama, music, or dance. And I for one am sad that our schools are taking those things away from our children. I think the arts are more then just a diversion, they are the epitome of creative thinking and exploration and self-discovery.

I'm not sure I would classify MJ as a hero (though they say he gave more money to charity then any other artist), but I do think you are not giving him and the arts in general, enough credit.

Old 07-11-2009, 11:42 PM

8,292 posts, read 26,676,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pba View Post
Ironic how the boy in question didn't come forward to testify only after MJ paid him $ 15,000,000.

Also, sleeping in the same bed with underage boys not related to you just screams of being a pedophile. Obvious question, would you let your underage son sleep with Michael Jackson? No, of course not (if you're sane at least) because the behavior is related to pedophelia.

Although I have to admit, here's my favorite MJ line from an article entitled, 'Why I sleep with little boys' which were his own words:

.....after the infamous moment when he dangled the baby over a balcony in Berlin, and the star cannot see what he has done wrong., "Why would I throw a baby off the balcony?' he asks. 'That's the dumbest stupidest story I ever heard.'

He says his fans 'were chanting they wanted to see the baby and I was kind enough to show them'.

Why I sleep with little boys, by Michael Jackson | Mail Online
I guess you're determined to believe the guy was a pedophile. So be it.

Old 07-12-2009, 12:17 AM

222 posts, read 691,235 times
Rush Limbaugh abused/abuses drugs no one seems to have a problem with that. Some think he is a hero.

Elvis was a racist, liar and a thief, but there are Elvis sightings daily and yet he is considered a hero.

Catholic priest were found guilty of molesting boys, however they are priest and we shouldn't talk about that.

Teachers are having sex with children but because the judge deems some to be too pretty to go to jail, does that make the teacher a hero to the judge?

If your name is Michael Jackson you are
Guilty until proven guilty
Guilty when proven innocent or acquitted
Guilty when proven to have a skin disease
Guilty because I (an American) didn't like him and you shouldn't either
Guilty when I am not mature enough to allow you (whom ever you may be) to have an opinion of your own
Guilty even when proven to had donated millions to charities

Each individual has their own standards and/or definition of who or what a hero means to them.

Old 07-12-2009, 01:34 AM
pba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khayla007 View Post
Rush Limbaugh abused/abuses drugs no one seems to have a problem with that. Some think he is a hero.

Elvis was a racist, liar and a thief, but there are Elvis sightings daily and yet he is considered a hero.

Catholic priest were found guilty of molesting boys, however they are priest and we shouldn't talk about that.

Teachers are having sex with children but because the judge deems some to be too pretty to go to jail, does that make the teacher a hero to the judge?

If your name is Michael Jackson you are
Guilty until proven guilty
Guilty when proven innocent or acquitted
Guilty when proven to have a skin disease
Guilty because I (an American) didn't like him and you shouldn't either
Guilty when I am not mature enough to allow you (whom ever you may be) to have an opinion of your own
Guilty even when proven to had donated millions to charities

Each individual has their own standards and/or definition of who or what a hero means to them.
So I guess it's ok for some to classify Hitler as a hero, right? To each his own, right?

Sometimes you just gotta stand up for what's right and call it like it is...MJ was definitely not a hero regardless of what anyone says.

Old 07-12-2009, 06:15 AM

8,292 posts, read 26,676,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khayla007 View Post
Really? I think that quite the opposite is true. Every time somebody mentions his name, they also say something like, "Fat drug addict!"

Maybe I'm missing something, but it sure seems that the two have become synonymous.

Old 07-12-2009, 07:03 AM

1,084 posts, read 2,477,682 times
I don't know about hero. I don't think he did anything so superb to count as one. But he should be counted as a respected person since he inspired many and helped to shape an entire industry.

Old 07-12-2009, 08:05 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,968,624 times
Quote:
Obvious question, would you let your underage son sleep with Michael Jackson? No, of course not (if you're sane at least) because the behavior is related to pedophelia.
]
Another obvious question. If, for any reason, you found that you were sharing a bed with any person, would that make you become irresistably sexually aroused? Is the mere fact of sleeping in a bed with another person "related" to a sexual attraction? Would you let your underage son sleep in bed with you? Wouldn't that be "behavior that is related to pedophilia"?

Old 07-12-2009, 09:22 AM
pba

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Another obvious question. If, for any reason, you found that you were sharing a bed with any person, would that make you become irresistably sexually aroused? Is the mere fact of sleeping in a bed with another person "related" to a sexual attraction? Would you let your underage son sleep in bed with you? Wouldn't that be "behavior that is related to pedophilia"?
The ignorance you're showing is astounding.

You're asking if there's a difference between me sleeping in bed with my son or having Michael Jackson ask if he can do the same. Hello?!???!?! Asking to sleep with underage children who are NOT your family is disgusting and, if you really can't see that, then please never have children (for their sake).

Old 07-12-2009, 09:27 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,968,624 times
Quote:
The ignorance you're showing is astounding.

You're asking if there's a difference between me sleeping in bed with my son or having Michael Jackson ask if he can do the same. Hello?!???!?! Asking to sleep with underage children who are NOT your family is disgusting and, if you really can't see that, then please never have children (for their sake).
Not at all. I'm merely throwing your own words back at you. It is sick for an adult to sleep in a bed with a child. Because any adult who would do such a thing must have the ulterior motive of sex. Just because you would have such a motive, that is proof that Jackson would too. You're the one who is so sick, you would not be able to control your own sexual urges in bed with a child. Don't attribute your own weakness of character to somebody else, and then use that to say you are better than he is.

Just answer this question: If you were in bed with a child, would that make you become sexually aroused?

Please never have children (for their sake).

Last edited by jtur88; 07-12-2009 at 09:39 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies