Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2010, 12:29 PM

952 posts, read 942,565 times

Advertisements

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2010, 12:40 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
"Latino immigrants"

Did you mean Illegal immigrants? There is a difference from "Latino immigrants".
So, maybe, you or someone can tell me the difference between Latino and Mexican, silly, but, I'm confused on the difference??

Old 11-22-2010, 12:51 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,469,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
I have nothing against any race. I do have a major problem with illegal immigrants--in the Orlando area it's a proven fact that they were responsible for over half of the violent crime in 2007, I haven't seen later statistics. According to many that makes me a racist because the majority of illegals are Latino. Frankly I don't care where they are from, they are here illegally which is a crime, and should be deported back to whatever country they came from.
Agreed. I don't care where they are from, they need to go back. It just so happens that they are Latino, due to the proximity of America with south America and Cuba.
If they were going to come here leagally, contribute and intergrate then, fine. But they don't.

Old 11-22-2010, 12:53 PM

6,484 posts, read 6,617,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loillon892 View Post
Just an observation. Pick any post here written by someone dissatisfied with life in southeastern Florida (or increasingly, Orlando.) They'll go into the usual litany about traffic, rude people, bad schools, etc. etc. And almost without fail, they'll launch into a diatribe about how their neighborhood, or their city or their county, has been overrun by "those people." They'll link "those people" to derelict neighborhoods, blaring music at 3 AM, crime, drug dealing, and just about any other social ill that you can envision. They'll label "those people" as dirty, lazy, unintelligent, impolite, unwilling to assimilate and intent on destroying the country. For good humor, they'll usually even throw in a line or two of broken Spanish.

Of course, this is just as racist as anything to ever come out of George Wallace's mouth. But let's be honest here - if somebody on this forum started running off at the mouth about n-word this and n-word that, nobody would tolerate it. That person's account would probably be suspended. But whole threads here have become so hateful and vitriolic in their bashing of Latino immigrants (and Latino citizens in many cases, I might add) that they would surely make Lou Dobbs and Tom Tancredo blush.

So why is there a double standard on race? This happens in real-world Florida as well - Blacks seem to be "off limits" but hatred against Hispanics is fair game - but the anonymity of the Internet allows the racists - via sites such as this - to avoid any restraint or attempts at civil decorum.
perhaps because "those people" are usually illegally here, draining the system of resources, and making no attempt to integrate into becoming one of "us".

I'm not referring to legals that actually care to become Americans and be part of our society.

Old 11-22-2010, 12:58 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Face it, the so called 'n' word is in a special category all to itself. I don't even know why the OP brought that up.

But i must admit that i've seen an astonishing amount of anti-latino bigotry lately here in Arizona, and folks don't seem to mind doing it right out in the open.

Old 12-30-2012, 11:32 AM

82 posts, read 121,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
I have nothing against any race. I do have a major problem with illegal immigrants--in the Orlando area it's a proven fact that they were responsible for over half of the violent crime in 2007, I haven't seen later statistics. According to many that makes me a racist because the majority of illegals are Latino. Frankly I don't care where they are from, they are here illegally which is a crime, and should be deported back to whatever country they came from.
Yeah lets deport illegals starting with the Irish-Italian and Polish immigrants who sailed an ocean to land in America, with no permission. I mean here we have a race of people ( whites ) who are as much from this continent as polar bears are home in the desert.

The very color of a white mans skin screams illegal. The light skin, blue eyes are genetic traits of a people who are from colder climates. They fled Europe like rats because they had polluted their own lakes and land. They had created religions and than killed each other over them! Those who could fled. In under 500 years they've wiped out species who have been here since time immortal.

The European history of America is under 500 years old. This continent had 20,000 previous years without a white man ever setting foot on this land. How can white people be so bold and claim this as their land when less than 1% of its history has ever been white?

Imagine the Arabs and Africans in Italy and France claiming those countries as theirs.with no history or connection to the land.

I have a hard time understanding white logic. They always back peddle when it comes to answers. THE AMERICAS ....from Alaska to the tip of South America had never seen a white ma before illegal immigration.

EUROPE FOR EUROPEANS-ASIA FOR ASIANS-AFRICA FOR AFRICANS-AMERICA FOR INDIGENOUS PEOPLES.

Old 12-30-2012, 11:41 AM

3,168 posts, read 2,062,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
So, maybe, you or someone can tell me the difference between Latino and Mexican, silly, but, I'm confused on the difference??
Latino can be a person from any latin country. A Mexican can only be from Mexico. Was that hard

Old 12-30-2012, 11:45 AM

82 posts, read 121,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
perhaps because "those people" are usually illegally here, draining the system of resources, and making no attempt to integrate into becoming one of "us".

I'm not referring to legals that actually care to become Americans and be part of our society.
But isn't your society in Europe? Ill assume. Your society is in Ireland-Italy-Sweden-France. Your history, the tens of thousands of years of it is an ocean and a continent away. If anything you should become one of US. I mean less than 1% of this continents history is European. Yet despite this you and your tribe claim to have any rights to this land?

You have no rights here in my book. Claim England with its history of whites going back to the stone ages. As far as your man made border.....it didn't exist and its an imaginary line. We will cross it as we had done for 20k years before your great grand papis swam here like rats.fleeing the fake religions and politics they created.

Imagine a polar bear with its white fur, paws made for climbing ice bergs, landing in the desert..... the very nature of the animal is in cold climates......Just like your pale skin and light eyes is a reflection of people whose genetic traits are in European colder climates.

You guys better get used to us...because we didn't come here to fit in. We came here to take over and those of us who are honest will readily admit that. I have no qualms in letting you know at any time that I'm here to breed your women out and take your jobs, money and use your technology. Its whats owned to me for the theft of indigenous lands.

Now if you don't like it...well take your bags and go home to the land of YOUR people. Go back to starving and disease. You have no rights here. The people of this land have been gracious enough to allow you to live here and you now believe that in under 500 years of its 20,000 year history somehow this land is yours?

This land is as much yours as a hotel visitor owns the Hilton.

Old 12-30-2012, 11:55 AM

2,256 posts, read 2,130,838 times
This land might have belonged to indigenous people but it's ours now.

Possession is 90% of the law.

Seriously though...

Half my family came here because they were starving (Irish Potato Famine) and the other half was brought here in chains (slaves).

I'm not going anywhere now. It's our (us and you) land now. Whining about it is stupid. Besides, most of the Hispanic people aren't indigenous and have Euro roots as well.

Old 12-30-2012, 12:09 PM

861 posts, read 1,456,082 times
Hispanics aren't a separate race. I don't know why people treat them as if they are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies