Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 10:07 AM

416 posts, read 405,098 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Reality is, so many African Americans still have that victim mentality.

I remember a couple threads about Obama "abandoning" or "forgetting" about African Americans, almost as if they expected Obama to create a specific agenda full of handouts just for African Americans.
I absolutely agree with you on this pair of comments. They thought that Obama would end the racism, but guess what!

He hasn't. Obama can't change the minds of millions of Americans. That would make the Obama Administration a Communist State.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2009, 10:12 AM

1,617 posts, read 2,627,175 times
Quote:
Reality is, so many African Americans still have that victim mentality. I remember a couple threads about Obama "abandoning" or "forgetting" about African Americans, almost as if they expected Obama to create a specific agenda full of handouts just for African Americans. Last election, I remember some bizarre reports where African Americans were being "harassed" at the voting polls.
As I remember, none of those threads were created by blacks. Im sure that people who want to believe that blacks think like this would think that they would create these threads.

Old 07-05-2009, 10:15 AM

6,021 posts, read 7,797,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig121 View Post
I would have thought that the US having its first African American President would mean that a job for them is easier to get now.

your thinking is flawed then. he has nothing to do with whom the employers hire in their workplace.

if you ask me americans should get jobs over people with countries attached to them

Old 07-05-2009, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig121 View Post
I absolutely agree with you on this pair of comments. They thought that Obama would end the racism, but guess what!

He hasn't. Obama can't change the minds of millions of Americans. That would make the Obama Administration a Communist State.

so why did you think that it would be easier for blacks to get jobs then a few post back? u just contradicted this^^^ post(quote above)

Last edited by city414; 07-05-2009 at 11:08 AM..

Old 07-05-2009, 10:20 AM

2,793 posts, read 6,101,128 times
THe answer is obvious. White employers don't hire black workers when they see that they have black skin.

Old 07-05-2009, 10:55 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,415,062 times
Quote:
Reality is, so many African Americans still have that victim mentality. I remember a couple threads about Obama "abandoning" or "forgetting" about African Americans, almost as if they expected Obama to create a specific agenda full of handouts just for African Americans. Last election, I remember some bizarre reports where African Americans were being "harassed" at the voting polls.
It shouldn't be about abandoning or forgetting about any particular American racial group but the problems of the unemployed, the inner cities should not be ignored because they won't get solved by ignoring them.

Bush's mistake is that he wanted to solve all the problems of Latin American nations by making immigration unlimited and also exporting all our jobs to other countries, Clinton did the same. Meanwhile the problems of America's underclass went unaddressed.

Old 07-05-2009, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zz4guy View Post
THe answer is obvious. White employers don't hire black workers when they see that they have black skin.
but we dont have black skin various shades of brown actually even the darkest is brown, chocolate brown

Old 07-05-2009, 11:18 AM

454 posts, read 793,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelist in Atlanta View Post
1. Yes, of course. Businesses have to make money. If they do not then they will be out of business.

2. On average, Blacks do not compete well in academics. That is just a fact. Look at the New Haven Firefighters promotion exam for just one example.

3. What do you mean 'shift the bell curve'? A bell curve is a bell curve. It is what it is. You don't 'shift' it.

Your questions don't make any sense to mean. I don't know what you mean.

- Reel
If you don't understand what a shift in the curve "means", then don't quote statistics. It indicates parroting without comprehension. You're absolutely entitled to your opinions, of course, but please spare me your mangled math.

Old 07-05-2009, 04:36 PM

39,031 posts, read 22,938,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
I'm tired of the whole thing. Black, Latino, White or other...............quit looking for excuses and playing the pity party card. LOTS of American people are out of work. The shade of their skin is irrelevant.
Amen!

Old 07-06-2009, 05:24 AM

1,718 posts, read 2,290,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missmoose View Post
If you don't understand what a shift in the curve "means", then don't quote statistics. It indicates parroting without comprehension. You're absolutely entitled to your opinions, of course, but please spare me your mangled math.
I'm just asking you to clarify your statement. No need for the hostility. If you can elaborate on your thinking I would be happy to respond.

- Reel
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies