Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2009, 12:39 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,329,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigr View Post
I was doing the figures on my personal income tax, as my buisness pays me. I don't even want to get into my buisness side of the taxes. But I do know I will not operate this buisness at a loss. I will just downsize back to what it was when I began 25 years ago. Me and my dog.
That is what many will do. More job loss.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2009, 12:53 PM

2,305 posts, read 3,027,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
So your family got a tax cut eh?? Sorry to inform you that we need the roads YOU drive on. The tags for your vehicle are a state responsibility. Please stop pretending like we've never had taxes. You'll be just like the other teabaggers, complaining about tax cuts.
You are correct, I might recieve a big tax cut, .017%! And check this out, the roads YOU drive on, my buisnees helps build. And I recieved a tax increase on my buisness to help build those roads for YOU to drive on. So sounds like the people that work for buisnesses recieved a tax cut but the buisness that hires them are not. Wonder what those buisness owners will do to offset the tax increase?

Not really sure what you do for employment but I am a buisness owner with employees. Just finished my quarterly taxes and it is not as profitable as it use to be. My accountant and I crunched numbers and if things continue the way they are I might help out the unemployment numbers. I will survive but I feel bad for my employees. And a majority of them are smokers (truck drivers) and they are having a hard time believing this tax cut thing anymore. I never discuss politics with them but it is very tempting.

Last edited by thebigr; 07-04-2009 at 01:15 PM..

Old 07-04-2009, 01:11 PM

I did talk about it with my guys. Last election. They were sure Obama would have health care right away. I made them a deal. They become 1099 workers. I pay them $2.00 more per hour. They thought about it and took the deal. Now, we do not work in the winter they did get unemployment. They have no health care, will not get benefits this winter. Hope they are saving.

Old 07-04-2009, 02:27 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,476,430 times
Quote:
You are correct, I might recieve a big tax cut, .017%! And check this out, the roads YOU drive on, my buisnees helps build. And I recieved a tax increase on my buisness to help build those roads for YOU to drive on. So sounds like the people that work for buisnesses recieved a tax cut but the buisness that hires them are not. Wonder what those buisness owners will do to offset the tax increase?

Not really sure what you do for employment but I am a buisness owner with employees. Just finished my quarterly taxes and it is not as profitable as it use to be. My accountant and I crunched numbers and if things continue the way they are I might help out the unemployment numbers. I will survive but I feel bad for my employees. And a majority of them are smokers (truck drivers) and they are having a hard time believing this tax cut thing anymore. I never discuss politics with them but it is very tempting.
Wow..business is down so its the governments fault, how typical. Blame it on taxes. You continue to push this tabacco tax. Are you serious? This is making you look even more foolish. You've admitted to receiving a personal tax cut and now a business tax cut but its not big enough? Then you claim that your business taxes are higher(unverifiable) Which is it?..Stick to the tabacco tax. At least its real even if its not plausible as it is a personal choice to smoke and the benefits of health outweigh whatever benefit you see in people smoking cheap cigarettes.

Old 07-04-2009, 02:38 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,190,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldyeller View Post
Ah yes when all else fails pull the race card. Your pathetic. Go worship your Obama shrine and stop taking up bandwidth around here.
Nice personal attack there oldyellerbelly....

Old 07-04-2009, 02:53 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,776,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
I love the tea parties. It gives stupid a voice which pushes more republicans towards the center and away from the far right.

I can't wait to count the mildly racist signs this time! Wheeee
Unfortunately this is the net result when all is said and done. A laundry list of whining complaints that have no rational cohesion beyond hatred. Sad that these so called 'real americans' can't use the system that's served us all for over 220yrs now, but they think they know better than everyone. Can't tell them a damned thing, just stay out of their way while they hang their arses out. Is there anything worthy of comment in this behavior?

Someone should start another thread to get them to figure out what their own point was all along. Public therapy for republicans having an identity crisis? Enough already.

Old 07-04-2009, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Wow..business is down so its the governments fault, how typical. Blame it on taxes. You continue to push this tabacco tax. Are you serious? This is making you look even more foolish. You've admitted to receiving a personal tax cut and now a business tax cut but its not big enough? Then you claim that your business taxes are higher(unverifiable) Which is it?..Stick to the tabacco tax. At least its real even if its not plausible as it is a personal choice to smoke and the benefits of health outweigh whatever benefit you see in people smoking cheap cigarettes.
Business tax will be higher. The Bush tax cuts will expire in 2010. The depreciation credits are changing this year. With business tax it is not just the bottom line, it is how you get there.

Old 07-04-2009, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
Unfortunately this is the net result when all is said and done. A laundry list of whining complaints that have no rational cohesion beyond hatred. Sad that these so called 'real americans' can't use the system that's served us all for over 220yrs now, but they think they know better than everyone. Can't tell them a damned thing, just stay out of their way while they hang their arses out. Is there anything worthy of comment in this behavior?

Someone should start another thread to get them to figure out what their own point was all along. Public therapy for republicans having an identity crisis? Enough already.
How about the freedom of speech??? Ever hear of it??

Old 07-04-2009, 02:57 PM

2,305 posts, read 3,027,839 times
Quote:
No, actually buisness is up in 09 for me. Just signed two new road project contracts. But my tax expenses for my buisness are increasing for 09 and 10, (tags and use tax). I have not recieved a tax cut yet, as I did not file my 09 return, and we know things can change from day to day. And no matter how you feel about smoking, or the harm it does (which I agree with you), 19.8% of Americans smoke cigarettes. So 19.8% of Americans just recieved a tax increase.

So to sum it up, if 95% of Americans are recieving tax cuts, I guess they should of said "smokers excluded".

Old 07-04-2009, 03:01 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,476,430 times
Quote:
No, actually buisness is up in 09 for me. Just signed two new road project contracts. But my tax expenses for my buisness are increasing for 09 and 10, (tags and use tax). I have not recieved a tax cut yet, as I did not file my 09 return, and we know things can change from day to day. And no matter how you feel about smoking, or the harm it does (which I agree with you), 19.8% of Americans smoke cigarettes. So 19.8% of Americans just recieved a tax increase.

So to sum it up, if 95% of Americans are recieving tax cuts, I guess they should of said "smokers excluded".
So now it's 19.8%..It was 5% earlier..And your "business" will be one that will benefit from the Stimulus package. I'll say it one more time. Smoking is a choice. If you choose to smoke, pay the tax. I COULD CARE LESS about a smoking tax!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies