Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2009, 07:14 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,192,463 times

Advertisements

And there's this....not confirmed YET though.

Quote:
FURTHER UPDATE: Okay, I've now been able to get independent information from multiple sources that all of this precedes what are said to be possible federal indictments against Palin, concerning an embezzlement scandal related to the building of Palin's house and the Wasilla Sports Complex built during her tenure as Mayor. Both structures, it is said, feature the "same windows, same wood, same products." Federal investigators have been looking into this for some time, and indictments could be imminent, according to the Alaska sources.

The BRAD BLOG : EXCLUSIVE: PALIN RESIGNATION 'DAMAGE CONTROL' FOR COMING 'ICEBERG SCANDAL' ... MORE: EMBEZZLEMENT INDICTMENTS COMING?

Old 07-03-2009, 07:14 PM

1,156 posts, read 3,781,512 times
Republicans consultants are calling the Palin resignation political suicide and I think they're correct.

Alaska as a whole has around half the population of San Diego, CA. That she didn't have the intestinal fortitude to stick out whatever is going on there politically shows that she doesn't have the tenacity and force of will to endure the stresses of a presidency.

I have to believe, also, that the GOP establishment, which has always been uncomfortable with Palin and her ardent evangelical following had its mood buoyed because it effectively clears the way for Mitt Romney (even if Romney's Mormon beliefs will cause problems with certain members of the Republican religious right base), a white male businessman with gubernatorial experience, the very demographic the GOP is most comfortable with.

By the way, anyone remember the old SCTV show? Doesn't Palin remind you of Edith Prickly?

Old 07-03-2009, 07:15 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,277,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
Girl??? I need to ask my wife about that. hmmmm Nice personal attack from you. I see that you like to attack and not willing to accept it in return, something like your messiah in the Whitehouse. I don't care one way or another about Palin but I would never go after anyone the way you libs do or the way so many damn Pubs do. It is sickening and nothing else. Don't like the truth? Then you had better watch MSNBC.
"Little girl" was directed at S. Palin.
She needs to grow up.

Old 07-03-2009, 07:16 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,925,746 times
That seems to go on in Alaska quite a bit doesn't it? LOLOLOLOL Wouldn't surprise me at all.

Old 07-03-2009, 07:16 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,208,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
What I find offensive is the fact that the Dems and Repubs go after people until they see death in their eyes. I think all people who do such things are horrible people, and that includes Dukie baby.
My feelings are absolutely crushed...

Old 07-03-2009, 07:17 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,925,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Little girl was directed at S. Palin.
Gotcha!

Old 07-03-2009, 07:18 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,665,061 times
Her speech reads even worse than it sounded on TV:

Life is too short to compromise time and resources... it may be tempting and more comfortable to just keep your head down, plod along, and appease those who demand: "Sit down and shut up", but that's the worthless, easy path; that's a quitter's way out. And a problem in our country today is apathy. It would be apathetic to just hunker down and “go with the flow”.

Nah, only dead fish "go with the flow".

Alaska Governor Sarah Palin

Old 07-03-2009, 07:22 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,975,697 times
Default Of Course Palin Quit...She's About To Be Investigated For Embezzlement

The "Family Values" Party strikes again!

"Though Todd Palin told Fox News he built his Lake Lucille home with the help of a few “buddies,” according to Barrett’s report, public records revealed that SBS supplied the materials for the house."

Think Progress » Did an embezzlement scandal force Sarah Palin to resign?

Old 07-03-2009, 07:27 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,192,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
The "Family Values" Party strikes again!

"Though Todd Palin told Fox News he built his Lake Lucille home with the help of a few “buddies,” according to Barrett’s report, public records revealed that SBS supplied the materials for the house."

Think Progress » Did an embezzlement scandal force Sarah Palin to resign?
It has to be something HUGE, she is too egotistical and power hungry to resign over small stuff.

Old 07-03-2009, 07:28 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,208,506 times
Wow, I will truly miss those late night SNL Skits, life is not fair...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies