Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2009, 05:12 AM

37,179 posts, read 19,183,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysB View Post
.....led some analysts to suggest

Wow, that some really worthy speculation. How much you investing in that hog squash?
"hog squash"?

We used to feed the ones that had grown too big to our hogs, too, when I was a kid.

We never could find anyone to invest in them, though.

Old 07-04-2009, 05:21 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,941,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Oh you betcha she's more valuable outside of Alaska, this is the best news I've heard all week! Now she's free to roam around being wacky every day. What a valuable, valuable gift for the dnc.

Besides, trying to actually do the governor job was a waste of her god-given talent for the bizarre. You can only give so many speeches in front of a turkey grinder when you're trying to hold office, dontcha know.

So dems and comedians everywhere said thank you, Sarah!

Old 07-04-2009, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
What's next for those madcap republicans now that their centerfold is deserting them? Newt Gingrich in a Banana Hammock?
Oh please, please PLEASE let that be in the news next week.

Old 07-04-2009, 05:24 AM

37,179 posts, read 19,183,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthPoleMarathoner View Post
Actually I came on here because I wanted to see how much the libs really hate Palin.

The hate from the left is unbelievable.

I always thought republicans were hypocritical but they have nothing on you guys.

Democrats are rapidly becoming the party of hate for anyone that may not say exactly as they want.

It's really getting pathetic.
Now, now.

Flattery will get you nowhere.

We do appreciate your continued support, however. Would you like to make a small donation?

Last edited by cuebald; 07-04-2009 at 06:05 AM..

Old 07-04-2009, 05:29 AM

I for one do not want to know if there's a "logical" explanation (a scandal of some sort). As the whole Mark Sanford saga showed, speculation is so much more fun than knowing the dirty truth.

Old 07-04-2009, 05:31 AM

Just last week, Palin was bragging that she could run faster than Obama. I just assumed she was talking about sports. Who know that she was talking about how fast she could run away from her duties?

Old 07-04-2009, 05:46 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,144,499 times
I know SOMEONE who ran really fast away from the "Shocking Use of Teleprompter" scandal...

Old 07-04-2009, 05:57 AM

Can you just picture what it would have been like if she had been VP?
I can see it now, in June 2010 she's handed the presidency after McCain realizes the stress of being POTUS took too heavy a toll on his health.

She does the job for two weeks, then, on July 3rd....

Sarah: Todd! This job is boring. I thought bein' the POTUS would be kinda fun dontcha know. But they just want me to go to one meetin' after another, and do nothing but signin' papers.

Todd: C'mon babe, it was fun exiling that Letterman dude to Antarctica, wasn't it?

Sarah: Oh my, yes that was a hoot. Now he wishes he'd paid attention to my interviews about how to kill a moose, oh you betcha. But other than that, this job is no fun. I wanna do something mavericky.

Todd: Well, you could take Air Force One over to Putin's house and leave some burning dog poop on his door step... or, I know-- why not invite some singers over? You could get that guy who sings "Take This Job and Shove It!"

Sarah:
Oh every POTUS has to honor the country singers this month, that's not mavericky. Oooh! Oooh! I know, instead of just singing about it, I'll say it for real. Take This Job and Shove It, America! I quit as President. In three weeks, I'm handing over the reigns to Nancy Pelosi. How 'bout that for going rogue!!!!

Todd: Babe, I love it when you get all mavericky like that.

Old 07-04-2009, 06:04 AM

Right now I would really love to be a fly on the wall at David Letterman's house. He's probably got so many jokes running through his mind that his head's about to burst.

How much you wanna bet the the timing for this announcement is all about the comedians being away on vacation. That's ok by me... it just means they have a few days to sharpen their material.

Old 07-04-2009, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
Can you just picture what it would have been like if she had been VP?
I can see it now, in June 2010 she's handed the presidency after McCain realizes the stress of being POTUS took too heavy a toll on his health.

She does the job for two weeks, then, on July 3rd....

Sarah: Todd! This job is boring. I thought bein' the POTUS would be kinda fun dontcha know. But they just want me to go to one meetin' after another, and do nothing but signin' papers.

Todd: C'mon babe, it was fun exiling that Letterman dude to Antarctica, wasn't it?

Sarah: Oh my, yes that was a hoot. Now he wishes he'd paid attention to my interviews about how to kill a moose, oh you betcha. But other than that, this job is no fun. I wanna do something mavericky.

Todd: Well, you could take Air Force One over to Putin's house and leave some burning dog poop on his door step... or, I know-- why not invite some singers over? You could get that guy who sings "Take This Job and Shove It!"

Sarah:
Oh every POTUS has to honor the country singers this month, that's not mavericky. Oooh! Oooh! I know, instead of just singing about it, I'll say it for real. Take This Job and Shove It, America! I quit as President. In three weeks, I'm handing over the reigns to Nancy Pelosi. How 'bout that for going rogue!!!!

Todd: Babe, I love it when you get all mavericky like that.
Forgot to add: tip of the hat to domergurl, who started the whole script idea. Can't wait to see what kind of script domer's cooking up. The things I write pale in comparison to hers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies