Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2009, 06:19 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times

Advertisements

hahahaha

Rebecca Mead: Sarah Palin’s Focus Group of Four: News Desk: Online Only: The New Yorker
Resigning a job for the sake of one’s children is time-honored gambit; resigning on the advisement of one’s children is a greater novelty. In her short, lurid national career Palin has not hesitated to expose her children to the potential humiliations of the public stage; if we’re now looking at a post-Palin political future—and let’s hope we are—the nation owes those young Palins a debt of thanks for casting their votes in favor of surrendering the statehouse.

Old 07-04-2009, 06:24 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times
Goodness, even The American Conservative finally lets her have it on a fundamental issue; where've they been?:

Post Right » Prefabricon Rhetoric Episode 1: Palin Speaks
There are certain expectations for public office that should hold for everyone who aspires to it. Speaking and writing in a language, any language, fluently, ought to be a requirement. So ought to be basic, college-level proofreading skills. Palin, it appears, lacks both.

Old 07-04-2009, 06:24 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,598,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Let's face it, Palin was a gimmick, selected at the last minute to appease the fundie wackjob element of the GOP. It backfired on the GOP, cost them the election, and will continue to hurt the GOP until Palin is off the stage and quiet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
Can you just picture what it would have been like if she had been VP?
I can see it now, in June 2010 she's handed the presidency after McCain realizes the stress of being POTUS took too heavy a toll on his health.

She does the job for two weeks, then, on July 3rd....

Sarah:
Oh every POTUS has to honor the country singers this month, that's not mavericky. Oooh! Oooh! I know, instead of just singing about it, I'll say it for real. Take This Job and Shove It, America! I quit as President. In three weeks, I'm handing over the reigns to Nancy Pelosi. How 'bout that for going rogue!!!!

Todd: Babe, I love it when you get all mavericky like that.

Palin is a gimmick. She singlehandedly wiped out not only generations of conservative voters, she annihilated blocks of demographic voters, conservative writers, and hard nosed political pundits while she torched a path through the independent & women voting block. She made fun of a Washington she didn't understand, while World leaders came here - and made fun of her! The Governor demeaned her own intelligence at every opportunity and no comedian is capable of a better script than the one she presents when a camera and mic are present.

She is not viable, so the true picture is to consider her from the opposing point - as a liability to the GOP. Done honestly it becomes quickly apparent that the Governor can easily destroy any GOP candidate's hopes for the Presidency by just being present - and this is obvious to any willing to see.

Old 07-04-2009, 06:30 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,598,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post

Anyhow, to stay on topic, Palin may still be a significant participant in the 2012 election.
Quote:
Alaska’s mission – to contribute to America. We’re strategic IN the world as the air crossroads OF the world, as a gatekeeper of the continent. Bold visionaries knew this - Alaska would be part of America’s great destiny.

Our destiny to be reached by responsibly developing our natural resources. This land, blessed with clean air, water, wildlife, minerals, AND oil and gas. It’s energy! God gave us energy.
SOURCE of course - Governor Palin

Let's hope not....

Old 07-04-2009, 06:33 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,731,146 times
Palin's Payin' De Bills:

Sarah: Todd!!!!!!
Todd: Yea, babe!
Sarah: I'm payin' the bills here and ya know, Todd, we're tapped out
Todd: What??? But the clothes were free, our house was free
Sarah: I know ... I just can't explain it
Todd and Sarah: BRISTOL!!!!!
Bristol: <tap tap tap>... hee hee
Todd & Sarah: BRISTOL!!!!!!
Bristol: Uh ... wait!!!!! <tap tap > What????
Sarah: Are you spendin' our money again?
Bristol: Tripp didn't get any of those Republican clothes MOM!!!!!
Sarah: Oh yea ... true, true ...
Todd: Yea, Sarah ... he should have gotten a little sumpin sumpin' ... he was alive in her belly, a god given gift to our family, family values, family values, family values
Sarah: Yea, well, that's it then, I'm quittin'.
Todd: Quitin'?
Sarah: Quitin'
Todd: Quitin' what?
Sarah: I'm quittin' bein' the governor of Alaska!
Todd: Wait, you're still the governor?

Old 07-04-2009, 06:36 AM

2,601 posts, read 8,522,142 times
The news today shows there have been a host of ethics complaints filed against her. I knew there was something more than met the eye here.

Ensign and Sanford still haven't resigned. If Sanford did NOT use public money then perhaps he shouldn't step down. Ensign paid the lady $252,000 a year for sex and then claimed his house was a conservative church to beat taxes. Only a state like Nevada would keep him.

Ron Paul is pretty clean - why doesn't the GOP go for him?

Personally I think both parties suck- this year the GOP is sleazier but that can change.

As for Palin maybe she will be babysitting the daughter's new child, abstinence didn't work - this way while the gov is sitting, she can go make more babies.

Old 07-04-2009, 06:38 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,478,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean2026 View Post
Ron Paul is pretty clean - why doesn't the GOP go for him?
..because he's pretty clean.

Old 07-04-2009, 06:39 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
I'll meet you there.
I'll start the party when Obama is "removed" from office which is bound to happen if things keep getting worse

Old 07-04-2009, 06:40 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
..because he's pretty clean.
LOL! Great one liner!!!!! And true!

Old 07-04-2009, 06:45 AM

37,197 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Here's the original article in the Village Voice from October, 2008 about Sarah that mentions the company allegedly involved in her alleged embezzlement:

"A list of subcontractors on the job, obtained by the Voice, includes many with Palin ties. One was Spenard Builders Supply, the state's leading supplier of wood, floor, roof, and other "pre-engineered components." In addition to being a sponsor of Todd Palin's snow-machine team that has earned tens of thousands for the Palin family, Spenard hired Sarah Palin to do a statewide television commercial in 2004. When the Palins began building a new family home off Lake Lucille in 2002—at the same time that Palin was running for lieutenant governor and in her final months as mayor—Spenard supplied the materials, according to Antoine Bricks, who works in its Wasilla office. Spenard actually filed a notice "of its right to assert a lien" on the deed for the Palin property after contracting for labor and materials for the site. Spenard's name has popped up in the trial of Senator Stevens—it worked on the house that is at the center of the VECO scandal as well."

http://www.villagevoice.com/2008-10-...ook-of-sarah/5
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies