Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How will Ditz's resignation affect the Republican Party?
It will help the party 25 18.66%
It will hurt the party 29 21.64%
It will neither help nor hurt the party 80 59.70%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 10:41 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times

Advertisements

could become a trend, THIS one is due out on Mother's Day 2010!

Wonkette : Hey, Remember The Sarah Palin Book Deal?

Old 07-06-2009, 10:48 AM

6,734 posts, read 9,342,697 times
Her speeches are incoherent drivel.

Old 07-06-2009, 10:50 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,082,780 times
She makes me dizzy and I wish her "audibles" would just go away.

Old 07-06-2009, 10:51 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,734,665 times
I ranted about how you never dribble through a full court press ... I would have loved to played against her in high school. I have a feeling she was a dirty player.

Old 07-06-2009, 10:54 AM

3,062 posts, read 7,035,544 times
I noticed both of those lines, too, but they were too stupid for me to waste any time trying to do something funny with them.

Unless she wants to start sponsoring the 'Special Olympics'.

23,593 posts, read 37,484,310 times
Default Palin's Parting Shot

Quite frankly after all that's happened I think it's a simple matter of " Coldest state. Hottest governor" finding it too uncomfortable in the kitchen.

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
I dont think she dragged her children into the spot light anymore then Obama did his.
I disagree a bit, there. Palin's kids were on the campaign trail with her to a much higher degree than the Obama children, who apart from a handful of key events stayed behind in Chicago, attending school. Sure, there were media pieces on the Obama kids, but that was mostly sit-down style, People-magazine type of things.

Giving Palin the benefit of the doubt, it could simply be her style of parenting - to some, staying close is what comes natural. Having read what some of the McCain staffers had to say, however, it appears that she was/is highly dependent on her husband, and obviously, you pretty much have to bring the kids if both parents are out campaigning.

Quote:
To say leave Obamas Children and wife alone but attack Palins husband and children makes one a hypocrite.
Whoah. Both spouses were targets - remember the "Whitey" tape rumors? (Whatever happened those, anyway?) The Palin husband was member of a secessionist party, and it appears she tried to lie about it to her own campaign staff. (stupid. Say "youthful lapse of judgment" and move on. It's not the crime, it's the cover-up.) It now appears that Palin's husband is much more wired into her decision making than Michelle Obama ever was in Barack's, so I am quite happy we had a bit of light shed on both.

Anyway, let's be reasonable: An pregnant 18-year old who agrees to step out in the political spotlight together with her sort-of fiance (whatever happened to that, anyway?) is going to attract more attention than a 10-year old whose role it is show up at a few key events and look adorable. Particularly with a family-value candidate. I hope the Palin daughter manages to cope, it's a hell of a way to start adult life.

The cruel jokes on Trig were pretty much beyond the pale, but that was not mainstream media, rather anonymous Internet posters. And it was obvious to anyone with a brain that Letterman hadn't been looking up what daughter was at what ballgame. The context changed a borderline joke to an offensive one. Meh.

Last edited by Dane_in_LA; 07-06-2009 at 11:22 AM.. Reason: How the h.ll did the word "scale" get in there. Removed in the name of coherence.

Old 07-06-2009, 10:55 AM

I wouldn't say she's an idiot per se ... I think she got in over her head and couldn't make it stop, so she's taking her ball and going home.

But I'll join you in the Sayonara, Dasvidania, Adios, Au Revior, Auf Wiedersehen.

Old 07-06-2009, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles22 View Post
I noticed both of those lines, too, but they were too stupid for me to waste any time trying to do something funny with them.

Unless she wants to start sponsoring the 'Special Olympics'.
On a serious note regarding the special olympics, it would be a major major awesome PR move for her to join with the kennedy family in supporting this incredibly worthwhile organization.

Old 07-06-2009, 10:57 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Where did I say he was guilty of anything. I said he was on the list. Nice overreaction as usual. And he also wasn't the only one on that list not found guilty of anything. Get it now?

Spin, spin, spin, spin, spin. She's a quitter and a whiner. And I hope that she does get the Republican nomination. It will be smooth sailing for Obama. Lots of Republicans don't like Palin, and quitting the governorship and the people who elected her just made it worse.

Where did I say you said that?

"I must have missed the part where it said Huckabee was found guilty of anything."

Lots of republicans didn't get elected last year because they abandoned their conservative values. We don't have to worry about Palin doing that, Do we?

BO is now planning weekly press conferences to discuss the economy. Those of us who are old enough to remember Jimmy Cardigan's fireside chats see history repeating itself.

Rasmussen Reports™: The Most Comprehensive Public Opinion Data Anywhere

Rasmussen Reports™: The Most Comprehensive Public Opinion Data Anywhere

Rasmussen Reports™: The Most Comprehensive Public Opinion Data Anywhere (http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/most_recent_videos2/politics/42_give_obama_positive_ratings_on_economic_issues - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies