Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How will Ditz's resignation affect the Republican Party?
It will help the party 25 18.66%
It will hurt the party 29 21.64%
It will neither help nor hurt the party 80 59.70%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2009, 06:29 AM

133 posts, read 173,760 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
"She's becoming more of a kook than anything else."

"Illogical and incoherent speech."

LOL
If you would have bothered to listen to every thing she said, you would know that she is quitting because she is fiscally responsible to the people of Alaska. She made it very plain that after having to spend 2 million dollars defending herself of false and stupid charges, and by the way, all thrown out, she was becoming too much of a hinderence in getting the job done as too much focus on her. She did this for her state. That's what she said, I believe her, and I think she did the right thing. I admire someone who thinks of their state first. Unlike Mark Sanford, she has a heart, and is a true American. He's a middle-aged , never mind, I just can't stand him and I won't say anymore. Anyway, Just get out of your hate mode and put yourself in her place for one minute.

Old 07-04-2009, 06:33 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,946,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverestClimb View Post
It hurts the party since there will be one less person that the no life Liberals can viciously attack and make fools of themselves
???? Do you think she's dropping out of politics completely? Now that she's taking her wacko routine on the road you can count on seeing Palin jokes every time she does something bizarre. In other words, at least 3-4 times a month.

Which makes me say WOO HOO! Nobody does wacko like Sarah, I missed her. Sanford's claim that he was "hiking the Appalachian Trail" was close, but just not Palin-y enough. And Michael Jackson was bizarre, but now he's gone. It's great to have her running around again, can't wait to see what's next.

Old 07-04-2009, 06:35 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,728,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoldMeBack View Post
If you would have bothered to listen to every thing she said, you would know that she is quitting because she is fiscally responsible to the people of Alaska. She made it very plain that after having to spend 2 million dollars defending herself of false and stupid charges, and by the way, all thrown out, she was becoming too much of a hinderence in getting the job done as too much focus on her. She did this for her state. That's what she said, I believe her, and I think she did the right thing. I admire someone who thinks of their state first. Unlike Mark Sanford, she has a heart, and is a true American. He's a middle-aged , never mind, I just can't stand him and I won't say anymore. Anyway, Just get out of your hate mode and put yourself in her place for one minute.
If you'd read the WaPo article, the only thing she's being fiscally responsible for is Sarah Palin.

Old 07-04-2009, 06:35 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoldMeBack View Post
Well, she put HERSELF in HER place....and couldn't handle it!

Thinking of anyone before Sarah is NOT a Sarah thing.

Old 07-04-2009, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
How will Sarah resigning affect the GOP?
If she shuts up and quietly slips back to the woods then it will help the Republicans....I'm sure there are many of them who want her out of the news....she doesn't make them look good....and the smarter ones know it.

Old 07-04-2009, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Politico View Post
It doesn't make any difference, whatsoever.

She can't even finish one term as governor of the least-densely populated state in the country. Obviously, she has no shot in hell at being elected to higher office, namely POTUS.

She's completely irrelevant. A fart in a windstorm.
ITA, she's amusing because she's bizarre. She'll be in the news a lot. But she'll just be one of those political celebrities who get a lot of attention but don't actually have any relevance. She'll get on the news spouting her opinion on everything imaginable--but nobody will care. Another Al Sharpton.

Old 07-04-2009, 06:40 AM

1,768 posts, read 3,413,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot View Post
AC 360 commentators are saying that Palin quit in part to stave off an indictment for some of the crimes she's under investigation for.

Sounds like a potential republican presidential candidate to me!
Just what one would expect from the state-run media... and from gullible liberals.

Old 07-04-2009, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
If she shuts up and quietly slips back to the woods then it will help the Republicans....I'm sure there are many of them who want her out of the news....she doesn't make them look good....and the smarter ones know it.
Very true, indeed!

But I just can't see her shutting up and quietly slipping back to the woods, no matter how much that might help the GOP. Or even helping her own career. I loved that line about how she doesn't want to be a lame duck... my first thought was "now if only she could stop being a dumb duck."

Old 07-04-2009, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
Very true, indeed!

But I just can't see her shutting up and quietly slipping back to the woods, no matter how much that might help the GOP.
Then I would suggest she not fly in any light planes.

Old 07-04-2009, 06:43 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,477,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zz4guy View Post
We'll see who's making the jokes come 2012
You sure will if Palin is still hanging around. She's a walking, talking joke.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies