Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How will Ditz's resignation affect the Republican Party?
It will help the party 25 18.66%
It will hurt the party 29 21.64%
It will neither help nor hurt the party 80 59.70%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 06:05 PM

2,153 posts, read 5,537,491 times

Advertisements

"The era we face, that is soon upon us, will require a great deal from our leaders. They had better be sturdy. They will have to be gifted. There will be many who cannot, and should not, make the cut. Now is the time to look for those who can. And so the Republican party should get serious, as serious as the age, because that is what a grown-up, responsible party—a party that deserves to lead—would do."

This is all well and good that she believes this, but what has our current leader done to prove he is gifted? What has our current leader done to prove he is one that can? McCain-Palin did NOT lose. McCain lost. He was a turd from the start.

Does she think Barrack Obama is the best? If not, then why the hell would she not be writing an article about him?

If it was a Palin Obama election I would vote Palin. Just stating this for disclosure reasons. Why so many articles about Palin if she isn't a major threat? We are quite a ways away from the next election. Do people really feel she is that much of a threat for the Presidency?

Here is another quote

"In television interviews she was out of her depth in a shallow pool. She was limited in her ability to explain and defend her positions, and sometimes in knowing them. She couldn't say what she read because she didn't read anything. She was utterly unconcerned by all this and seemed in fact rather proud of it: It was evidence of her authenticity. She experienced criticism as both partisan and cruel because she could see no truth in any of it. She wasn't thoughtful enough to know she wasn't thoughtful enough. Her presentation up to the end has been scattered, illogical, manipulative and self-referential to the point of self-reverence. "I'm not wired that way," "I'm not a quitter," "I'm standing up for our values." I'm, I'm, I'm."

What has President Obama done to prove he isn't out of his depth in a shallow pool. Everything he is doing seems to be going against what the people know is right.

We once again get a completely superficial article. EVERYTHING seems to be about superficiality.

Old 07-10-2009, 06:15 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,336,992 times
Excellent article - thanks for posting it.

Quote:
She wasn't thoughtful enough to know she wasn't thoughtful enough.
Says it all...

Old 07-10-2009, 06:33 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,665,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
As for Levi Johnston - is that not a perfect name for the big screen.
I was thinking that the blue screen might be a better fit for him. His first movie title: "Levi's Johnson".

Last edited by AnUnidentifiedMale; 07-10-2009 at 06:42 PM..

Old 07-10-2009, 06:40 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,078,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Sarah Palin being elected Governor was one thing. Hey, say what you want, but in a state of 600,000 people, being Governor is not like being the Governor of California or New York. No one outside of Alaska would have heard of this woman if it were not for some strategist in the Republican Party who:

A) Is clearly no strategist
B) Turned politics, and the GOP, into a national joke
C) Had not chosen this woman and then called Americans stupid by making her out to be qualified in any way to be one 72 year old heartbeat away from PRESIDENT.

If they had of picked someone else for V.P. (say someone qualified) Sarah Palin would still be Governor of Alaska today
AND I'd say she would've been happy that she had attained such a height with such weak wings and may have actually tried to do her job for the Alaskan voters who put her in office.

Old 07-10-2009, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I was thinking that the blue screen might be a better fit for him. His first title: "Levi's Johnson".

Old 07-10-2009, 07:13 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,665,061 times
I think it's lame that every discussion related to Palin is being stuck into this one thread. If there's too many threads about Palin to deal with, create a separate category for them. That would seem to make more sense than to have this one thread that has now gone on for more than 150 pages.

Old 07-10-2009, 07:16 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,014,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
AND I'd say she would've been happy that she had attained such a height with such weak wings and may have actually tried to do her job for the Alaskan voters who put her in office.

No kidding! Never have I seen a candidate being held up as both "iron butterfly'' and ''hothouse rose.'' Sorry, but she can't be both. IMHO "Barracuda Sarah" is probably closest to the truth.

Old 07-10-2009, 07:50 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,276,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bls5555 View Post
"The era we face, that is soon upon us, will require a great deal from our leaders. They had better be sturdy. They will have to be gifted. There will be many who cannot, and should not, make the cut. Now is the time to look for those who can. And so the Republican party should get serious, as serious as the age, because that is what a grown-up, responsible party—a party that deserves to lead—would do."

This is all well and good that she believes this, but what has our current leader done to prove he is gifted? What has our current leader done to prove he is one that can? McCain-Palin did NOT lose. McCain lost. He was a turd from the start.

Does she think Barrack Obama is the best? If not, then why the hell would she not be writing an article about him?

If it was a Palin Obama election I would vote Palin. Just stating this for disclosure reasons. Why so many articles about Palin if she isn't a major threat? We are quite a ways away from the next election. Do people really feel she is that much of a threat for the Presidency?

Here is another quote

"In television interviews she was out of her depth in a shallow pool. She was limited in her ability to explain and defend her positions, and sometimes in knowing them. She couldn't say what she read because she didn't read anything. She was utterly unconcerned by all this and seemed in fact rather proud of it: It was evidence of her authenticity. She experienced criticism as both partisan and cruel because she could see no truth in any of it. She wasn't thoughtful enough to know she wasn't thoughtful enough. Her presentation up to the end has been scattered, illogical, manipulative and self-referential to the point of self-reverence. "I'm not wired that way," "I'm not a quitter," "I'm standing up for our values." I'm, I'm, I'm."

What has President Obama done to prove he isn't out of his depth in a shallow pool. Everything he is doing seems to be going against what the people know is right.

We once again get a completely superficial article. EVERYTHING seems to be about superficiality.
That's Noonan's point. Palin is nothing BUT "about superficiality."

McCain lost because of Palin. That might not be the case with you, but it was the case in general.

And what does Obama have to do with it?

Old 07-10-2009, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I think it's lame that every discussion related to Palin is being stuck into this one thread. If there's too many threads about Palin to deal with, create a separate category for them. That would seem to make more sense than to have this one thread that has now gone on for more than 150 pages.
agree

Old 07-10-2009, 08:18 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,261,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
agree
I am like the anonymous male in that I believe that at least two threads for Palin would be perfect. That way you Palin haters could get together and have a back slapping good time and the rest of us could post some of the real truths about her. Oh well, we can't have everything, can we.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies