Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How will Ditz's resignation affect the Republican Party?
It will help the party 25 18.66%
It will hurt the party 29 21.64%
It will neither help nor hurt the party 80 59.70%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 10:00 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,277,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
She certainly couldn't last year, but she has time to learn if she wants to. My hunch, however, is that she does not.
Learn? Not a word in her vocabulary. Even McCain's campaign aides said that when they tried to prep her for the VP debate, she got frustrated, wasn't interested, and was thoroughly disengaged. The woman is all about smoke-and-mirrors and performance. Thank God the American people saw through her shenanigans early. No small thanks to Tina Fey.

Old 07-13-2009, 10:01 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,750,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Once again, you're failing to understand that it isn't only the "loony left" who are disenchanted with the governor.

Disenchanted and unhinged are two different things. I happen to believe she wasn't ready for prime time this time around. However I think with seasoning she could very well develop into a political force. There are people who are pathologically, for lack of a better term hateful of her. Read half the responses on this thread, they are truly unhinged.

Old 07-13-2009, 10:02 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,667,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Learn? Not a word in her vocabulary. Even McCain's campaign aides said that when they tried to prep her for the VP debate, she got frustrated, wasn't interested, and was thoroughly disengaged. The woman is all about smoke-and-mirrors and performance. Thank God the American people saw through her shenanigans early. No small thanks to Tina Fey.
After the re-election of Bush in '04, I put nothing past the American electorate. Palin could very well be elected President someday.

Quote:
This is funny. It would help to keep the unemployment rate down if we didn't outsource jobs....Palin's natural gas pipeline proposal does exactly that; outsources jobs that should have gone to American citizens to Canada.
Isn't it weird how every time you post a FACT about Palin's abject failure as a governor, YOU get attacked--or ignored--instead?

The willful blindness of her followers is really just staggering.

26,639 posts, read 36,717,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post

She was fit to be the Mayor of Wasilla, the crack capital of the USA.
Well, actually, she wasn't fit to be mayor. She couldn't do that job either, so the city had to hire an administrator to do the actual work--first time they ever did so. All Palin did was leave Wasilla with an pretty hefty debt.

Old 07-13-2009, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Oh puh-leeze. I'm sure you know that you're stretching with that one.

Using that logic, I could label the Republican Party as anti-Mormon since Romney didn't get the nomination.
Well I think a case could be made that her sex played a role in her losing the nomination. Romney and Mccain were fairly evenly matched although Mccain was favored by the press. Hillary on the other hand was clearly more qualified than Obama, yet he got the nominaiton.

Old 07-13-2009, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Isn't it weird how every time you post a FACT about Palin's abject failure as a governor, YOU get attacked--or ignored--instead?

The willful blindness of her followers is really just staggering.
Oh I know...lol...I wonder how many of them couldn't find Alaska on a map or realize that we all don't live in igloos here.

Old 07-13-2009, 10:06 PM

Quote:
This is funny. It would help to keep the unemployment rate down if we didn't outsource jobs....Palin's natural gas pipeline proposal does exactly that; outsources jobs that should have gone to American citizens to Canada.

Again you are sidestepping the relevence of how this topic relates to his qualifications with respect to energy policy. Oh that's right , it doesn't.

Old 07-13-2009, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Mmmm well further proof of you willingness to giver her a chance.
We gave her a chance in Alaska. She quit on us.

Old 07-13-2009, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Disenchanted and unhinged are two different things. I happen to believe she wasn't ready for prime time this time around. However I think with seasoning she could very well develop into a political force. There are people who are pathologically, for lack of a better term hateful of her. Read half the responses on this thread, they are truly unhinged.
But Sarah Palin isn't interested in "seasoning." Because "seasoning," in her case, would require a great deal of education. And she can't be bothered with that. This is a woman who has failed, as both a mayor and a governor. She failed as a Vice Presidential candidate, as well. Her numbingly repetitive "speeches" at her campaign rallies had no substance whatsoever. They consisted primarily of slinging mud at Barack Obama, parading her family, and sashaying across stages. Add on to that her litany of lies, manoeuvers, and manipulations.

If anybody is "pathological" or "unhinged," it's her followers--who project onto her all their own desires and mistake that projection for reality, and who are so taken by her persona, that they willfully and consistently ignore the realities and facts of her vast inadequacies. The whole world--except for a minority of blinkered, star-struck followers-- thinks she's an idiot. And they think that because she IS an idiot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies