Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How will Ditz's resignation affect the Republican Party?
It will help the party 25 18.66%
It will hurt the party 29 21.64%
It will neither help nor hurt the party 80 59.70%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2009, 03:15 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,563,668 times

Advertisements

the GOP is falling apart. First Sanford & now Palin both who were considering a run for the Presidency.

Old 07-03-2009, 03:25 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,179,793 times
The GOP isn't just a political party name. It is made up of conservative people who know liberal politics won't work. It will be a cold day in hell before these people no longer exist as the backbone of this country.

I could be wrong.
Or we could all check out the financial demise of California. The richest parcel of land in the world.....but yet their retarded liberal politics have put them in the poor house.

I'm thinking there is a big possibility all those conservative Bible Belt states may just have a big come back.

Again, I could be wrong. But....probably not.

News Flash: Sarah Palin is NOT the GOP. She is ONE person. ONE person only the liberals have decided to go after while the GOP reorganizes. Get the blinders off and rethink your plan.

Old 07-03-2009, 03:26 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
From the link:

""""""""" Ms. Palin told reporters gathered at her home, and added, “I really don’t want to disappoint anyone with this announcement.”""""

No, Bimbette, you surely didn't.

Old 07-03-2009, 03:27 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,565,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
The GOP isn't just a political party name. It is made up of conservative people who know liberal politics won't work. It will be a cold day in hell before these people no longer exist as the backbone of this country.

I could be wrong.
Or we could all check out the financial demise of California. The richest parcel of land in the world.....but yet their retarded politics have put them in the poor house.
Actually, having to educate, feed and give health care to millions of illegals is what has really caused the demise of California financially. And you conservatives all know this. It's just that if you state the truth, you can't blame liberals.

Old 07-03-2009, 04:23 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,255,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtodd View Post
Wait a sec, did she just say she's quitting next month...now why she is calling it quits while still in office doesn't make sense to me...Could you palin supporters please explain??
She announced it the Friday before a holiday weekend to keep it under the radar. LOL. I watched pretty much the whole speech and I learned that only "dead fish go with the flow." Text of resignation speech.
Alaska Governor Sarah Palin

Old 07-03-2009, 04:38 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,912,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Actually, having to educate, feed and give health care to millions of illegals is what has really caused the demise of California financially. And you conservatives all know this. It's just that if you state the truth, you can't blame liberals.
you are kidding, right? it is liberals who put the policies in place that allowed free ER visits for illegals, sanctuary cities, and all of the other illegal immigrant subsidies. obama now wants to give them drivers' licenses and a path to citizenship. of course he wants to wait until they would all be eligible for national health care to do it, so we will see how that plays out.

Old 07-03-2009, 04:43 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,151,733 times
Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin plans to remain extremely visible and will give serious consideration to running for president in 2012, but has made no decision, a close friend said after her startling announcement Friday that she will resign her office.

Friends say Palin plans to spend time writing her book, which is due this fall, then promote it heavily when it comes out in spring 2010.
Palin plans to stay visible - Mike Allen - POLITICO.com

Old 07-03-2009, 04:57 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times
Palin to resign as Alaska governor - More politics- msnbc.com

Quote:
Sources told NBC's Andrea Mitchell that it appears Palin is out of politics for good.
She doesn't want to run for President.

Old 07-03-2009, 05:36 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,294,983 times
The really sad part is her die hard supports won't see this as her betraying the people who elected her, shirking her duly elected duty, and quitting when things like Alaska's declining oil revenue and numerous ethics investigations made things too tough for her.

How could anybody ever want to see this person as President of the United States?

I read the Vanity Fair piece, and why it is definitly very biased against her (just look at the aweful photos they chose to accompany the piece), I don't doubt the veracity of it, since it was written by one of the GOP ticket's campaign managers. How could anybody so arrogant and vindictive as Palin claim to be a Christian, a religion based upon humility and forgiveness?

Old 07-03-2009, 05:59 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,931,918 times
Quote:
I'm watching it on CNN right now....This is my dream come true....This practically guarantees her run for Pres. in 2012....I can hardly wait...

Sure - leave your responsibilities because you can't stand the criticism. That's one of the #1 qualifications for the leader of a country. She knows she'd never be re-elected as governor anyway, since she has focused on her own personal agenda and walked away from her job a long time ago.
Quote:
Wait a sec, did she just say she's quitting next month...now why she is calling it quits while still in office doesn't make sense to me...Could you palin supporters please explain??
Sorry, I must have misunderstood your other post if you're not a Palin supporter. That was one of the weirdest speeches I've ever heard. She even compared herself to General MacArthur at the end.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies