Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How will Ditz's resignation affect the Republican Party?
It will help the party 25 18.66%
It will hurt the party 29 21.64%
It will neither help nor hurt the party 80 59.70%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2009, 11:02 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,607,707 times

Advertisements

I think perhaps she alluded to something coming up when she talked about wanting to save the Alaska taxpayers from the 'millions' needed to fight the ethics complaints. They haven't had to spend any where near that much so far

And, let's face it - her 'gravy train' stopped rolling. She had to reimburse the state for her kids' travel. She probably couldn't ask to be reimbursed for 'working from home' anymore, and may have had to pay that back, or at least pay taxes on that income so she was stuck having to commute from Wasilla to Anchorage, something one of her friends said she didn't want to do. She couldn't keep ignoring state business to attend dinners out of state, and all that traveling had to cost a lot, something the state probably didn't want to pay for either.
Then there were the questions about the Wasilla house and on and on.
I guess we shall see.

Old 07-04-2009, 11:03 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,235,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
I agree about Romney as the choice so far. I think the RNC is cutting the Base loose....not needed anymore.
Yup. Romney is one of those folks who even if I disagree with, I can still respect and admire - mainly because he's clearly SMART and CAPABLE (unlike Bush or Palin). I think he would probably make a very good President.

Ken

Old 07-04-2009, 11:10 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,435,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Why? By 2012 will Sarah have read a book?

Learned English?

Completed a sentence?

Grown a backbone?

Dumped Todd her handler?

Taken a course in geography?

Developed integrity?

Quit saying "there" every other word?

Stopped calling some Americans "not real Americans"?

Stopped embarrassing the Republicans?

What WILL drastically change????

Beauty may be only skin deep, but stupid goes to the core. Her beauty will fade, her stupidity will grow.

Old 07-04-2009, 11:16 AM

7,887 posts, read 17,131,919 times
This thread belongs at the circus. The whole premise is that stuff that drops from the back end of the elephant.

Old 07-04-2009, 11:19 AM

17,763 posts, read 39,609,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♠atizar♠ View Post
It's drivel, not dribble.

Never EVER EVER drivel your way through a full court press!!!!!

Old 07-04-2009, 11:20 AM

7,887 posts, read 17,131,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Why? By 2012 will Sarah have read a book?

Learned English?

Completed a sentence?

Grown a backbone?

Dumped Todd her handler?

Taken a course in geography?

Developed integrity?

Quit saying "there" every other word?

Stopped calling some Americans "not real Americans"?

Stopped embarrassing the Republicans?

What WILL drastically change????
Do you intend to be condescending and elitist or does it just happen by accident? It never ceases to amaze me how liberals cannot disagree with someone's political views or agenda without making insulting personal remarks.

Liberals just can't face the fact that people can disagree with their skewed views without being ignorant, stupid, racist, or whatever slur you want to insert. I don't agree with Palin on everything, but all the hyperbole about "will Sarah have read a book" or "taken a course in Geography" just exposes you for who you are and it "ain't pretty."

Old 07-04-2009, 11:23 AM

7,308 posts, read 14,616,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Yup. Romney is one of those folks who even if I disagree with, I can still respect and admire - mainly because he's clearly SMART and CAPABLE (unlike Bush or Obama). I think he would probably make a very good President.

Ken
Something everyone agrees on.

Old 07-04-2009, 11:24 AM

48,505 posts, read 96,546,470 times
My guess is she quite after beng cleared of all charges and is ready for whatever she wants to do next. She certainyl has more life than any VP pick that lost a campaign that I rememeber. Heck even more than most losing presdiental candidates.

Old 07-04-2009, 11:25 AM

26,510 posts, read 36,380,464 times
Well...her speech wasn't one that someone gives when they quit being governor so they can campaign for Pres. It was the speech of someone contemplating a vacation in Club Fed. She might have been laying the groundwork for some sort of martyr based defense.

I'm sure she's received plenty of media offers. That would subject her family to even more of the scrutiny she doesn't want.

I don't know that by resigning she is avoiding any potential criminal charges.

Old 07-04-2009, 11:25 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,235,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil0311 View Post
Do you intend to be condescending and elitist or does it just happen by accident? It never ceases to amaze me how liberals cannot disagree with someone's political views or agenda without making insulting personal remarks.

Liberals just can't face the fact that people can disagree with their skewed views without being ignorant, stupid, racist, or whatever slur you want to insert. I don't agree with Palin on everything, but all the hyperbole about "will Sarah have read a book" or "taken a course in Geography" just exposes you for who you are and it "ain't pretty."
I got news for you - it ain't just LIBERALS who've criticized Palin for her apparent ignorance. PLENTY of Conservatives have done so as well - and for very good reasons. Palin has consistantly shown herself to be ignorant and unprepared - and those folks call it as they see it.
It's called honesty.

Ken
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies