Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How will Ditz's resignation affect the Republican Party?
It will help the party 25 18.66%
It will hurt the party 29 21.64%
It will neither help nor hurt the party 80 59.70%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2009, 01:59 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,717,994 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faworki1947 View Post
AIP now wait, thought it was a milti group as its leader was calling for Alaska to secced from the USA.. some old guy was the leader there and very outspoken .. AND they were ( by media accts )very right wing ..
stands to reason that if Todd Palin was in that she would be to ..
Joe Vogler died in 1992, I believe. He did have some secessionist ideas. These days the AIP seems to be more of a states rights type of group than anything else. I don't think they are involved in any militia type activities. It does attract its share of the right wing, though.

Sarah Palin was never a member. Husbands and wives are allowed to belong to different political parties here

Old 07-04-2009, 01:59 PM

2,661 posts, read 2,903,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoldMeBack View Post
If you would have bothered to listen to every thing she said, you would know that she is quitting because she is fiscally responsible to the people of Alaska. She made it very plain that after having to spend 2 million dollars defending herself of false and stupid charges, and by the way, all thrown out, she was becoming too much of a hinderence in getting the job done as too much focus on her. She did this for her state. That's what she said, I believe her, and I think she did the right thing. I admire someone who thinks of their state first. Unlike Mark Sanford, she has a heart, and is a true American. He's a middle-aged , never mind, I just can't stand him and I won't say anymore. Anyway, Just get out of your hate mode and put yourself in her place for one minute.
I agree she did the right thing.
We disagree on her motivations, but we'd both be speculating.

True american.
Native american?
What do you mean by true american?

I don't care for Sanford either.
He occasionally reminds me of droopy dog, though.

Old 07-04-2009, 02:01 PM

2,661 posts, read 2,903,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
OK, here you go.

"Griffin said to Gov. Palin: "Governor, you've been mocked in the press, the press has been pretty hard on you, the Democrats have been pretty hard on you, but also some conservatives have been pretty hard on you as well. The National Review had a story saying that, you know, ‘I can't tell if Sarah Palin is incompetent, stupid, unqualified, corrupt or all of the above.'"

MRC/NB's Bozell Comments on CNN's Misquoting National Review to Slam Gov. Palin | NewsBusters.org
That sounds like a something Fox would do.
I thought CNN was better than that.

Old 07-04-2009, 02:02 PM

3,079 posts, read 3,121,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zz4guy View Post
You mean like Obama did for the left?
No, Obama is President of the U.S. meanwhile Palin is a washed up quitter...

Old 07-04-2009, 02:10 PM

5,376 posts, read 5,345,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Kennedy View Post
Heavy Duty...both have everything to gain...

and a winner for the American People..

Outside the McCain Old Boy system...and most of all...they can generate the billions of campaign funding needed to turn the country around...

We need a return to Camelot...not Obamalot!

Thanks, Sara

If Arnold can run, so can I. But I can't and neither can he.
Your dream ended before it started. Too bad (not really)

Old 07-04-2009, 02:11 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,340,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
OK, here you go.

"Griffin said to Gov. Palin: "Governor, you've been mocked in the press, the press has been pretty hard on you, the Democrats have been pretty hard on you, but also some conservatives have been pretty hard on you as well. The National Review had a story saying that, you know, ‘I can't tell if Sarah Palin is incompetent, stupid, unqualified, corrupt or all of the above.'"

MRC/NB's Bozell Comments on CNN's Misquoting National Review to Slam Gov. Palin | NewsBusters.org
Where is the original transcript or video from the National Review's interview with palin.

Usually a news buster type organization will provide proof when they debunk a statements.

Old 07-04-2009, 02:18 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,328,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtodd View Post
say it aint so....how dare you say that about any republican......
Well, in spite of what the Obamabashers on this board may think, I'm pretty much a Centrist kind of voter - Left of Center to be sure, but not THAT Left of Center and I'm certainly open to voting for a Republican (assuming it's the right Republican). This last election for example I was a happy camper - at least until he picked Palin (it became apparent how ignorant she was). Though I preferred Obama, I would have been "OK" with McCain - because he is pretty much a Centrist like myself (in his case a bit Right of Center, but that THAT Right of Center). In truth, I would rather have someone on the opposite side (as long as he/she is not TOO far on the opposite side) who was capable than someone on my side that is incompetent - and my opinion is that Mitt Romney is pretty capable. I would prefer Obama over Romney, but I wouldn't be crushed with Romney as President (at least with what I know of the guy).

Ken

Old 07-04-2009, 02:18 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,717,994 times
This is Senator (R) Lisa Murkowski's statement concerning the governor's recent decision:

Quote:
“I am deeply disappointed that the Governor has decided to abandon the State and her constituents before her term has concluded.”

Old 07-04-2009, 02:24 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,728,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Yup. Romney is one of those folks who even if I disagree with, I can still respect and admire - mainly because he's clearly SMART and CAPABLE (unlike Bush or Palin). I think he would probably make a very good President.

Ken
While I agree with you completely, the fact of the matter is that his grandparents on his father's side had to flee to mexico because he was a polygamist ... cutting the base loose or not, this won't fly with the evangelical base.

First Bobby Jindal goes kenneth the page
Sanford does the horizontal tango
Now Palin quits

who's next??? What's an anti-choice bible thumper to do? Michael Steele has to be sitting in a corner twitching 'bout now.

Betcha Palin is on Rush's show on Monday.

Old 07-04-2009, 02:37 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
Where is the original transcript or video from the National Review's interview with palin.

Usually a news buster type organization will provide proof when they debunk a statements.

Watching press coverage of the Republican candidate for vice president, it’s sometimes hard to decide whether Sarah Palin is incompetent, stupid, unqualified, corrupt, backward, or — or, well, all of the above. Palin, the governor of Alaska, has faced more criticism than any vice-presidential candidate since 1988, when Democrats and the press tore into Dan Quayle. In fact, Palin may have it even worse than Quayle, since she’s taking flak not only from Democrats and the press but from some conservative opinion leaders as well.

How Palin Governed by Byron York on National Review Online==
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies