Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How will Ditz's resignation affect the Republican Party?
It will help the party 25 18.66%
It will hurt the party 29 21.64%
It will neither help nor hurt the party 80 59.70%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2009, 05:59 PM

3,046 posts, read 6,285,627 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowolves View Post
I just can't believe the juvenile behavior that is so rampant on this forum.
How sad.
And one reason I don't post much, it's just a waste of energy.
I feel for you nasty liberals.
I really do.
Such unhappiness is evoked in your choice of words and teenager-ish verbage and attacks.
tsktsktsk.
Oh well what is one to do but spend hour upon hour on some political forum blasting others as if we're all in middle or high school....

Exactly right, except for the leftest grade level. More like preschool to 1st grade !!!

Old 07-04-2009, 05:59 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,476,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Oh, so you were there and took a count?

Of course, since the "press" didn't know about it in advance, I guess there wasn't a lot of publicity.

And, she isn't a "quitter". Yes, she resigned as governor; but, it wasn't because she is "quitting" anything. You see, that's what you people are missing. You did not listen to what she said, did you?
LOL..LOL...She's not a QUITTER..LOL..She quit her freaking job!!You've got to be dizzy from all this spinning. She claimed that this wasn't hasty. If that's true, where was the press, the audience? Otherwise, she's a liar and a QUITTER. She said another guy could do the job better so she QUIT on the people she claimed to love for selfish reasons. She used Alaskans up and spit them out without much thought. Her spokesperson found out via blackberry. You're in tinfoil overdrive.

Old 07-04-2009, 06:06 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,686,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
LOL..LOL...She's not a QUITTER..LOL..She quit her freaking job!!You've got to be dizzy from all this spinning. She claimed that this wasn't hasty. If that's true, where was the press, the audience? Otherwise, she's a liar and a QUITTER. She said another guy could do the job better so she QUIT on the people she claimed to love for selfish reasons. She used Alaskans up and spit them out without much thought. Her spokesperson found out via blackberry. You're in tinfoil overdrive.
The professional thing for the governor to have done would have been to have held her press conference in the state capital rather than in Whitesilla.

Old 07-04-2009, 06:08 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,440,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Can you give me an example to prove that she "can't speak" as well as anyone else? I don't think you can.

You see, this is just your typical Democrat smearing and hatred for those that they don't agree with. Since you cannot win a real argument based on facts, you resort to personal attacks. That's all you know. Face it. You have nothing else to offer.

Obama isn't exactly the "speaker" that the press makes him out to be. He stammers and stutters and say's "ahhhh" and "uhhh" incessantly. And the guy is "shucking and jiving" us continually. You cannot believe a word that comes out of the mans mouth, and the World knows it to. They are laughing at him.

I have taken a personal vow to never vote for a Democrat again for any office, local or otherwise. Because people like you, and the rest of you on this Forum, exemplify what the Democrat Party is today. It is the Party of Hate. And we have Barney Frank, Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, Dick Durban, Chuck Schumer, Chris Dodd, Barbara Boxer, and dozens of others just like them, that represent what the Democrat Party has become. They will destroy anyone who gets in their way. That is the M.O. of the Democrat Party. It makes me absolutely sick.

Sarah Palin is a breath of fresh air in American Politics. A woman of integrity, who loves her country, and has given much for it. I praise God for people like Sarah Palin! And I condemn anyone who speaks evil against her.

Sarah Palin didn't get where she is for being stupid. She isn't stupid. She is one smart cookie. And she understands what America is supposed to be about, and she understands that Americans are fed up with what has been going on in our government. She knows there is corruption. She has dealt with it before, and she's going to take it on at another level. That is why she quit, and she quit because to do otherwise would rob Alaskans of what they deserve: A full time governor. Now that is integrity!

But you probably didn't listen to her speech.
Bravo,.............. well said.

Old 07-04-2009, 06:11 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,686,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Bravo,.............. well said.
And do you understand at all that the governor of Alaska has already robbed the people of this state of what they deserve?

Do you have any thoughts on the Canadian pipeline?

Old 07-04-2009, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
The professional thing for the governor to have done would have been to have held her press conference in the state capital rather than in Whitesilla.
She drew 7 non-family members in her hometown..How sad.

Old 07-04-2009, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Why Tank are you related to Letterman? You sure sound like him.
Oh, that's right, can't crack a joke about the Palin clan

Old 07-04-2009, 06:27 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,032,019 times
On edit:

"Sarah Palin is a breath of rancid air in American Politics. A woman who lacks any semblance of integrity, whose love of her country is destructive, and has gotten so much for it."

"I praise God for people like Sarah Palin! And I condemn anyone who speaks evil against her."

I think god, if god existed, would demure from the praise.

Old 07-04-2009, 06:28 PM

94 posts, read 225,021 times
I used to live in Alaska, and people generally don't like her there. That is why I was surprised when they picked her for VP. If they had bothered to really poll the locals about her they would have heard about the scandals before they ever picked her as VP. In general, she is not popular there.

For some reason, people are under the impression that all the accusations against her came about during the campaign against Obama. As if the democrats invented these accusations against her to distract everyone so that Obama could win. As someone who lived in Alaska, I can tell you that these accusations/suspicions were swirling long before she was ever picked for VP. That is why I blame the McCain campaign for not doing their homework. Had they bothered to really look into her background they would have known she was not a good choice. With so many people in her own homestate disliking her and so many suspicions already plaguing her, the choice to put her on the national forefront was just asking for trouble. I'm sure a lot of Alaskans were scratching their heads when they picked her. Obama's campaign did not have to invent dirt to use against her. It was already there.

Last edited by coffee4me; 07-04-2009 at 06:46 PM..

Old 07-04-2009, 06:35 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,074,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
They're called microphones. ....No....no, it really didnt....
WHY,WHY,WHYCan't I rep you 100 times a day????
I think I love you.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies