Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you sign a petition for a fully funded UHC in the USA.
Yes 37 44.05%
No 47 55.95%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 02:44 PM

3,199 posts, read 4,315,249 times

Advertisements

Good poll. Much like the real world,looks like the majority don't want it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2009, 02:47 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,246,649 times
While not a scientific poll - the results seem to mirror actually scientific polls recently done - where a majority of AMERICANS actually opposed a "fully funded" UHC.

The difference with the scientific polls is - the results actually show those opposed to a UHC HIGHER than what the numbers here show (somewhere around 60% opposed).

Old 07-09-2009, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
Building a UHC in America would not just make sure that the jealth of America improves but it would give a huge injection to the economy.
To the contrary - the COST to the American taxpayers would be horrendous. Billions and Billions of dollars that we do not have.

Now, you will respond with - "well, take it from the war in the ME" or some sort of hyperbole - that is not going to happen -

We cannot afford a "fully funded UHC". This is an INDISPUTABLE FACT Geeoro.

Old 07-09-2009, 02:53 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,592,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
Would you sign a formal petition to be handed to the President of the United States to have a fully funded UHC created in America?
This is just to see How Many really would like to change the current Health System in America.
I think all the liberals in Hollywood plus Soros (if they rolled all their "change") could easily pay for it...

Old 07-09-2009, 03:06 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambintime View Post
I have a job and i want decent health care. You assume that the only people who have now had it with our pathetic health care are unemployed. You are good example of the kind of people who oppose a UHC. You think everyone who wants equal health care are "Bums". You are wrong.
Then set up a plan were you pay where everyone without gets the same price in a pool. What many want is free healthcare that someone else pays for. I pay for my plan;and don't want and can't pay for your too.

Old 07-09-2009, 04:25 PM

Quote:
I have a job and i want decent health care. You assume that the only people who have now had it with our pathetic health care are unemployed.
Let's correct this a little: What we are talking about is HEALTH INSURANCE.

The Health CARE in this country is second to none. You are talking about having insurance to access / pay for it.

Old 07-09-2009, 05:58 PM

351 posts, read 375,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Let's correct this a little: What we are talking about is HEALTH INSURANCE.

The Health CARE in this country is second to none. You are talking about having insurance to access / pay for it.
The health care in this country is second to almost every other industrialised nation. Our health care is at best extremely expensive and fails millions of Americans and at worst scandalous, being controlled by Insurance companies that are just concerned with how much profit they can make from us not getting sick. Health insurance led health care does not work. It is broken beyond repair and now must be rebuilt from the foundations up. If our health care was a building it would be condemned.
I didn't fight for freedom only to come home and find that there is no freedom as far as health care is concerned in this country. We have a dictatorship with the insurance companies the dictators. That isn't free choice as you have no choice. You can either afford healthcare or you can't. If you can't then you don't have any choice at all except a second rate public health system put in place to make the ones who can afford good health care, not feel so guilty.

Old 07-09-2009, 06:12 PM

486 posts, read 983,656 times
So if I get brain cancer, I caused it? And if I'm a cancer survivor and can't get coverage because of my "pre-existing" condition that's my fault too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Your health is in your own hands. Not the responsibility of everyone else.

If we (the taxpayers) am going to have to pay for everyone's health care, then why can't we demand that they maintain a certain weight? Stop smoking and drinking? Not involve themselves in high risk activities? If I have to pay, there should be conditions.

Am I responsible for coming to your house and using a spoon to feed you bran?

How much of your health am I responsible for? Or is it just the parts you don't feel like paying for?

Old 07-09-2009, 06:15 PM

221 posts, read 219,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
To the contrary - the COST to the American taxpayers would be horrendous. Billions and Billions of dollars that we do not have.

Now, you will respond with - "well, take it from the war in the ME" or some sort of hyperbole - that is not going to happen -

We cannot afford a "fully funded UHC". This is an INDISPUTABLE FACT Geeoro.
We cannot afford not to have a uhc. Just because you can afford health cover Gday does not mean that all is well with the world. Americans are in heated debate about the health care in Americe. The citizens in countrys with a uhc do not even give their health care a second thought. That tell you something Gday? As far as cost, we all now pay for all of the people using public health and we pay for all illegals who abuse the current system. As someone said on here before, we will charge illegals or foreign visitors to use a uhc in America. Only emergency treatment will be free to illegals. Why complain about how much a uhc will cost when the setting up of a uhc will boost our failed building industry and other associated industryies. It's called looking at the big picture Gdayand not just looking at your own picture.

Old 07-09-2009, 06:19 PM

Quote:
We cannot afford not to have a uhc.
The United States cannot financially afford a UHC. Nothing to do with me personally or you personally - I'm talking about the COUNTRY as a whole.

The Cost - in terms of Dollars, will be in the TRILLIONS and TRILLIONS of Dollars.

No - financially - a UHC is DOA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies