Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2009, 10:55 PM

785 posts, read 1,049,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
Palin/Bachmann 2012
Enough to prove you are superior to someone
superior to what? A chimp?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2009, 11:20 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,215,643 times
Palin/Bachmann 2012
The only two we could talk into running against Obama

Old 07-03-2009, 11:24 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,259,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgod View Post
I'm tired of watching my "Rockie And Bullwinkle" tapes, "A Funny Thing...Forum" gets less amusing the 43rd time through, broadcast TV is in summer reruns and Hollywood couldn't produce a good comedy if it had to. Sarah Palin and M. Bachmann are the funniest things to watch to pass the summer heat.

Let's consider what they bring to the party;

Both are consistently wrong on anything they talk about,

Neither has ever owned up to any of her mistakes, misstatements or outright lies,

Both have that "God speaks through me" gleam in their eyes. Otherwise known as "crazy eyes".

The way I see it my comedy viewing has been reduced by 1/2, at least until S. Palin shows up on Fox.

golfgod
Hey, god, did you listen to either of the Palin speeches today? I didn't think so, but then . . . . . . . .

You guys have to take all your information about things like that from good old HuffPo and Daily Kos and they don't listen to her either. I really was impressed by her use of the language and her lack of help other than some notes that she looked at from time to time. Do you suppose part of the reason many people like her so well is the fact that she can make a good speech without a teleprompter? I do.

Well i will now give the thread back to you libs for your play time.

Old 07-03-2009, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
If they won Canada would have to put sharp shooters at the border to repel all the millions from the U.S. that would be immigrating.
Is this implication a threat or a promise. It seems I heard the same kind of promises so often in 2004 and when Carry lost nobody moved out. Promises from you folks are about as honest as those from Obama. Do you remember any of his promises that fell by the wayside? Boy I do.

Old 07-03-2009, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
FINALLY, somebody who lives in her district.

Can you please explain how this woman got elected? Is there a strange demographic mix in your district? What do the folks in your district think about her, in general? Do you think she will be re-elected?
Do you know anybody who can explain how Nasty Nancy Pelosi keeps getting re-elected? I would really like to know that one.

Speaking of Nasty Nancy, maybe you could tell me why the House backed off from studying her accusations of lies from the CIA. I think it was because she would have been proved the liar.

Old 07-03-2009, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♠atizar♠ View Post
The demographic in some of the more outlying areas here (outside the Twin Cities) can be fairly conservative, these days.

Her district cuts a swath through a fairly conservative and still somewhat rural area (slowly being suburbanized) with some older, and what have become "bedroom communities". Also, the guy she ran against (Elwyn Tinklenberg) was accused of not complying with lobbying registration regulations, but found to be in full compliance by the Minnesota Campaign Finance Board. Some say he lost votes because of it, even though he was found to be compliant.
Is your state the one that took so long to elect a Senator? Maybe that tells us something about the state. I know that when my brother left there in 1980 he was very happy to get away from the politics of the state.

Old 07-03-2009, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellalunatic View Post
Palin, sadly, will not be disappearing from the public eye...such a shame.
Is there a chance that Palin won't be disappearing because the left has to keep trying to discredit her and won't let her step back? I think that is exactly where we are these days.

Old 07-03-2009, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfields View Post
Mabye a good thing. The whole country realizes she's a moron. Well at least the 70 percent of the country that has all their screws tightened. Palin and Bachman are so stupid that they are a liablility for the Republican party. They can rally their base, which is filled with a bunch of nutjob lunatics, but even the independents know that they are morons. For gods sake, Palin doesn't even know what the Bush Doctrine is and Bachmann thinks that Iran wants to annex the Sunni part of Iraq that boarders Syria to train terrorists.
have you ever tested Palin's knowledge about American geography? You know like how many states we have? I think she knows it isn't 57.

Old 07-03-2009, 11:41 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,215,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Do you know anybody who can explain how Nasty Nancy Pelosi keeps getting re-elected? I would really like to know that one.

Speaking of Nasty Nancy, maybe you could tell me why the House backed off from studying her accusations of lies from the CIA. I think it was because she would have been proved the liar.
Nope. The CIA was proved to be lying.

And all Speaker Pelosi asked was that any investigation into the torture issue include her role in the briefings.

The reason that investigation hasn't happened yet is because every single GOP member will fight tooth and nail to prevent learning the truth - because they're a despicable group of hacks who believe in party before country - and a number of Dems who think it would be harmful to the country to dig into that issue (and who are wrong on that).

PS. You have a funny way of leaving a thread - posting five more times.

Old 07-03-2009, 11:41 PM

2,104 posts, read 1,442,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Is your state the one that took so long to elect a Senator? Maybe that tells us something about the state. I know that when my brother left there in 1980 he was very happy to get away from the politics of the state.
Glad he left, if he thinks like you.

What this tells us about MN, is that when someone here legally appeals election results, A REPUBLICAN in this case, in case you are not paying attention, and it seems you are not, he gets his case heard, all the way up to the state supreme court, if so desired. Which takes a while, in any state.

Gosh, I can just imagine how some of you would have bawled, if they had denied hearing Coleman's appeals.

Next.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies