Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2009, 09:46 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,926,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBoughton View Post
I'm not a licensed physician but I've administered first aid on many occasions. That doesn't make me Jim the Doctor.
It would in the media's and whatever side hated you mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2009, 10:43 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,639,025 times
I thought Helen Thomas cleared all of this up for us?

A townhall meeting was supposed to be a place where ordinary Americans could ask their representatives questions about policy or the direction the country is heading. It was not supposed to be an infomercial. It was not supposed to be a campaign stop. I do hold 'town hall meetings' to a higher standard then a rally. I guess I was fool to do so -- but then I also believed Obama when he said he was about change and about transparency. I guess we could have elected mcsame - er, I mean Mccain for all the change Obama has brought to the table.

Old 07-03-2009, 10:51 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,216,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
The cats out of the bag on this - they are stage events with a pre-screened audience and pre-screened softball questions.

Completely worthless.
Defenders of Bush have no credibility on this issue, and should be ignored completely. See Gannon, Jeff.

Old 07-03-2009, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
the reason being that Obama keeps saying that he is not doing such things. He lies and the proof is in the pudding with Obama. He does lie, no different than any politician.
As soon as Obama's caught paying journalists to push his policies, and giving press credentials to friendly male hookers who ask softball questions, and avoiding the press like the plague except for the one cable network who backs him - then you can say that all politicians are the same.

Obama doesn't screen questions. He also appears before the public - which Bush rarely did in 8 years.

He might not hold open-format free-for-alls as some here are demanding (although not you, to your credit), but he is certainly way ahead of how the Bush Administration did things.

Old 07-03-2009, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
I thought Helen Thomas cleared all of this up for us?
No. She just got pissed (and wrongfully so) about the Obama Administration giving one particular blogger a chance to ask a question of the blogger's choice. She was wrong.

Old 07-04-2009, 06:07 PM

305 posts, read 539,319 times
Quote:
It would in the media's and whatever side hated you mind.

Spare me the paranoia. As I recall, it was John McCain who introduced "Joe the Plumber" to the public, not the "liberal media".

Old 07-04-2009, 06:10 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,926,082 times
Quote:
Spare me the paranoia. As I recall, it was John McCain who introduced "Joe the Plumber" to the public, not the "liberal media".
You, and people like you, hate for the sake of hating and you prove it with every post you make. It must suck to be you and know how much you despise the country.

Old 07-04-2009, 06:13 PM

3,046 posts, read 6,288,049 times
Quote:

Actuly it was the press corp covering /in love with obama that showed the world during a live coverage of obama on the campaign trail being shown up by Joe the plumber.
Joe the plumber simply asked a question and obama and his anti-Constitutional ideas for government was exposed. God Bless Joe the Plumber. As for the idiots who still voted for obama after that, guess you can't fix stupid? And yes, those town hall meetings are fixed plants by invitation only with pre-approved questions.

Old 07-04-2009, 06:13 PM

305 posts, read 539,319 times
Quote:
You, and people like you, hate for the sake of hating and you prove it with every post you make. It must suck to be you and know how much you despise the country.
Find one post I've made where I ever said anything about hating anything or despising the country. Your language is a hell of a lot more hateful than anything I've ever posted.

Old 07-05-2009, 12:56 PM

3,046 posts, read 6,288,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
He doesnt need a license according to the state and yes he was a plumber

Exactly !!! It was the press that called him "Joe the Plumber"!!!!
Once they realized how many people stopped buying obama's bs from the simple question Joe the Plumber asked and obamas caught with his pants down answer, the press tried to destroy Joe the Plumber. Their assult on Joe the Plumber didn't work thankfully. Given another month, and Joe the Plumber making more campaign apperences in some areas Sarah wanted to go to, the election would have had a different winner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies