Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2009, 10:31 AM

26,212 posts, read 19,509,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
maybe we should cellibrate 4th of july as a freedom day!!! remember freedon is not free enjoy it while it last!!! the military troops in iraq and afg are still on the front lines... just remember that when u make a toast think of the troops that are dying for todays freedoms
They're not dying for "freedom", they are dying for empire
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2009, 03:18 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,644,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Even so, they are still Americans and they are following the path they have been told will lead to freedom for all. I have felt this war was a farce from the beginning, but that takes nothing away from the troops who have done their duty. Those men and women, for the most part, really feel they are over there to help those people. And that is what I am celebrating today. Not the current agenda of a corrupt government, but the spirit of freedom which flows through all Americans and our troops abroad. Thanks guys and gals, now come on home for some steak!

Old 07-04-2009, 10:12 PM

2,476 posts, read 2,602,859 times
What I'll be thinking about?..well....Heres what I think..After the revolution they wanted to name G.Washington..King..He said no.....Now we have an idiot for a Pres. who wishes he could be King....

Old 07-05-2009, 01:28 PM

1,263 posts, read 2,330,874 times
Quote:
Why do you hate everything that you should love (America, freedom, democracies, our troops)? And love everything you should hate (terror-supporting states, terrorist organizations, dictatorships)?

Old 07-05-2009, 01:37 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,509,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamontnow View Post
Why do you hate everything that you should love (America, freedom, democracies, our troops)? And love everything you should hate (terror-supporting states, terrorist organizations, dictatorships)?

Why do you make such an assumption?

Back to my original point: Do you disagree with it? If so, why?

Just because you believe in something does not make it true.

Saying I hate "freedom" and "democracy" is typical right wing insanity, but the military? Our troops? The same ones fighting and dying needlessly?

Seems if you REALLY support the troops you speak out against their needless deaths, not mindlessly wave the flag and remain ignorant and obedient like you do

Old 07-05-2009, 02:28 PM

1,263 posts, read 2,330,874 times
Quote:
Why do you make such an assumption?

Back to my original point: Do you disagree with it? If so, why?

Just because you believe in something does not make it true.

Saying I hate "freedom" and "democracy" is typical right wing insanity, but the military? Our troops? The same ones fighting and dying needlessly?

Seems if you REALLY support the troops you speak out against their needless deaths, not mindlessly wave the flag and remain ignorant and obedient like you do
You have flatly stated that America's motivation in Afghanistan and Iraq is to build an "empire". You have called America a mass murderer of civilians. You side with America's enemies throughout the middle east, and detest its friends.

There are leftists and there are leftists. YOU ARE AN EXTREME LEFTIST!
Some on the left, and on the right, can be reasoned with. Some can't. You, my friend, are beyond reason.

Old 07-05-2009, 02:40 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,012,380 times
Every year on the 4th, I get overcome with feeling of love and patriotism for my country. I am so grateful to be an American and to be celebrating my birthday (July 3rd) along with my country. No where on earth could we have the level of freedoms that we take for granted in this country and I pray that we don't start losing these freedoms.

Chatteress
AKA Msconnie73

Old 07-05-2009, 02:58 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,013,154 times
Posted by odanny:

************************************************** *****************************
Honestly...how far removed from reality does one have to be to believe that Democrats "hate freedom and democracy," yet believe that Bush is not the one who enacted the most sweeping attacks on privacy and individual rights in decades? Only Joe McCarthy came close, but he had more love of country than to encourage the treasonous sentiments we see posted here.
Yesterday I thought about my father..US Navy in WW II. My ex-father-in-law...101st Airborne in Korea. And my godfather, who enlisted in the Navy in '43, at the age of 43; he served on three
aircraft carriers in the South Pacific. Their pictures were part of my centerpiece. I could not help but
think that, as Democrats all, they would be ashamed at the actions of the neocons, and the people
who parrot their idiotic beliefs and treasonous sentiments.

Old 07-05-2009, 03:19 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,934,961 times
Last night I went to the fireworks at the National Mall. They read several historic things, including letters from George Washington.

It made me think....

Thank god George Washington didn't quit even though people said mean things about him. And thank god Washington didn't say "Hey, I'm a celebrity now. People know my name so I don't need to finish this job. I can just ride my celebrity status and become president that way."

Wonder what George Washington would have thought of our Alaska governor.

Old 07-05-2009, 03:21 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times
Quote:
Isn't this really a true depiction?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies