Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 01:18 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Ah, no, sorry.

Many economists came out before obama got his hands on the economy and warned his policies would only make it worse. The CBO and Blue Chip economists disagreed with his estimates based on his so-far-out-of-whack rosy scenario figures.

Every estimate he has proclaimed has been wrong - you want to know why?

It is his massive deficit spending and plans for the future that are causing it.
I have one question. What, if anything, would McCain have done differently than what President Obama has done so far? I ask because Bush was doing the same thing and McCain is cut from the same mold. I would be very interested in what the right has to offer when it comes to solving the issues facing us. Don't just say we would not do this or that tell us what you would do or admit you have nothing to offer but complaints.
Casper
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2009, 01:39 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,340,799 times
Quote:
Ah, no, sorry.

Many economists came out before obama got his hands on the economy and warned his policies would only make it worse. The CBO and Blue Chip economists disagreed with his estimates based on his so-far-out-of-whack rosy scenario figures.

It is his massive deficit spending and plans for the future that are causing it.
I know that's the popular talking point. But you are incorrect. The chickens have come home to roost. ie consumer debt, housing collapse, huge trade deficits, and outsourcing, which have led to the destruction of US manufacturing.

Our economy has been a fantasy land for decades. A fake ecomony that was triggered by deregulation. Proped up by comsumer credit and atrifical home values. The house of cards is falling and we are years from recovery.

Old 07-05-2009, 03:24 PM

2,661 posts, read 2,903,365 times
Quote:
Ah, no, sorry.

You are so clueless I won't even bother asking for factual evidence.
In fact, I have previously and you don't know a single thing about our economy.
Go back to your hole Sanrene.

Old 07-05-2009, 03:37 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times
Quote:
I have one question. What, if anything, would McCain have done differently than what President Obama has done so far? I ask because Bush was doing the same thing and McCain is cut from the same mold. I would be very interested in what the right has to offer when it comes to solving the issues facing us. Don't just say we would not do this or that tell us what you would do or admit you have nothing to offer but complaints.
A freeze on federal spending. Really, how much sense does it make when you are trillions in debt and engaging in $2 trillion dollar deficit spending ...... to spend even more?

Tax cuts - for business and indivduals.

Old 07-05-2009, 03:46 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,391,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Facts are the campaign is over and Obama has the button and lied to you.
He said he would run our government on a budget like everyone has to run their own household budget.

So far, he lied big time by spending more then we make and has quadrupled our DEBT in only 5 months.

Nice try, but Obama is a job killing machine.

So far, he is now in the hole nearly 6 MILLION JOBS.

And toss out most of his campaign lines, they are lies and scam jobs.

McCain would have been far better. He would have never spent this kind of money on PORK like the porkster Obama has done.

In my childhood home town people are losing their jobs by the hundreds, massive layoffs, people losing their homes and stores closing down weekly.
This was not happening under Bush at all, Obama takes over and the town like so many others in Americ are falling apart thanks to Obama.
First take a deep breath and calm down.

alright...We are in something called a recession job losses will happen in a recession regardless of who is president as to people loosing homes that was happening a while ago maybe it had not reached where you lived, but I saw all sorts of places in forclouse during my travels in 2008. If you think there would not be as many job losses or forclosures under McCain you are lying to yourself as presidents have very little effect on the economy. As to the stimulous that was not expected nor did I like it, but McCain's tax reductions would have been just as bad for the deficit.

Old 07-05-2009, 04:13 PM

Quote:
You are so clueless I won't even bother asking for factual evidence.
In fact, I have previously and you don't know a single thing about our economy.
Go back to your hole Sanrene.
Of course, of course - but I see you can't refute anything I said. Who is the clueless sheeple?

Old 07-05-2009, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Not spending? You do realize that "not spending" is one of the problems causing the economic downturn?
You bet I do. The economy contracting so drastically was a result of people cutting back on their spending and energy (gas) consumption. Aren't those two things the democrats want us to do? Save and conserve?

But I also know that obama and the dems are planning massive tax hikes to get their cap and trade, UHC agenda passed. Why should I be spending - that would only help obama achieve his disastrous goals.

Old 07-05-2009, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Here is an example of you being wrong, if you needed one Sanrene.

If you think you are right, list Obama's policies that have increased the deficit.
There aren't too many, its only been 6 months.
And put down the amount that has been added to the deficit, also.

The total should come out to 1.3+ trillion, according to that graphic the right likes so much.

You can do it!
I believe in you.

Old 07-05-2009, 04:46 PM

You mean this chart?

In President Bush's last year in office, 2008, the deficit reached $459 billion:

In President Obama's first year in office the deficit is expected to reach $1.75 trillion and that is if everything goes according to the rosy scenario they are hoping for:

Quote:
The 2010-2013 forecasts are slightly more optimistic than CBO but much rosier — in some cases by well over one percentage point — than what the Blue Chip Consensus calls for. A separate private-sector gauge, the Survey of Professional Forecasts, also projects a much weaker economy this year and next.
He was totally, completely, ineptly WRONG on his forecasts.

Unprecedented size, scope in president's proposal - USATODAY.com

Quote:
All this would come at a price to be paid by in the future: annual deficits of at least $500 billion, and a federal debt that would reach $23 trillion in a decade.
This is a good thing in your estimation?

Old 07-05-2009, 04:49 PM

Quote:
This is a good thing in your estimation?
If you go back and answer the previous post of mine, I'll read this post of yours.

And yes, that chart exactly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies