Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 01:32 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,528,561 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MimzyMusic View Post
That debt will never, ever be paid.
Good. Are you skairt yet?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2009, 01:34 PM

1,373 posts, read 3,128,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskydude View Post
And it's only a debt of 16+ trillion ... but hey ... who's counting ..
That's but a trifle!

No really, I'm just emotional about this because I know what their ultimate plan is ... population reduction.

There is a major ecological crisis I'm very concerned about, but the government is using this as an excuse, imo, to cull out "undesirables" in the name of saving the planet from "overpopulation".

At this point, the US government is just annoying to most people (though it has secretly executed opponents, such as a man who warned about the 9/11 attacks and was killed in a "police standoff"), but if it DOESN'T collapse in a few years, they will go up to gas chambers.

It's not a light matter.

Old 07-05-2009, 01:35 PM

Quote:
I'm sorry, I know I've been pretty rude in this thread. I just wish people would wake up and realize that the American government does not love you, they think of you as SLAVES and TOOLS.
Yeah, as opposed to capitalists/corporatists who employ us out of the goodness of their hearts.

Oh...thinking about those dear, dear investment classers. It brings a tear to my eye. God bless America!

Old 07-05-2009, 01:38 PM

Quote:
That's but a trifle!

No really, I'm just emotional about this because I know what their ultimate plan is ... population reduction.

There is a major ecological crisis I'm very concerned about, but the government is using this as an excuse, imo, to cull out "undesirables" in the name of saving the planet from "overpopulation".

At this point, the US government is just annoying to most people (though it has secretly executed opponents, such as a man who warned about the 9/11 attacks and was killed in a "police standoff"), but if it DOESN'T collapse in a few years, they will go up to gas chambers.

It's not a light matter.
Are you serious? Yeah, I guess you are. You're not making any sense. You go from debt to dissolution of the states, all in an effort at population reduction? Huh?

Old 07-05-2009, 01:55 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,015,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
The system is basically the same but the history is very different. Rome invaded to gain their empire through conquest, leaving a population of people within the empire that were "forced" citizens. Rome also was surrounded by enemies just waiting for a chance to make their move against it, I don't think Canada or Mexico have any such plans. Rome split apart from within before falling to outside enemies, first in the west and later in the east, not gonna happen here any time soon.
So while our system of government is losely based on the Rome system we are not Rome, nor will our end, when and if it comes, happen as it did for the Roman empire. Before saying I should study the history more I will inform you that I have read, and own, more books on Rome that I can recall. History is my favorite subject and the Roman Empire is one of the major players in world history, so I do know who they were, how they lived and ruled and how they ended.
Casper

On the button, Casper. Those who believe that being a Roman family of ancient lineage is the same as being a Roman citizen are in error. As Rome conquered territories, they would conscript its men into the Roman army; when their term of service was up, Rome gave them property in a conquered area. As a result, the Roman Empire was diverse in a way that dwarfs that of the U.S. Because ancestry was part and parcel of Roman life and religion, the old families which produced their senators became somewhat inbred, but definitely corrupt. Only when the Emperor Constantine adopted Christianity as the official religion of Rome did the Empire begin to recover some of its former prestige. Romans who would have become senators eventually by virtue of their ancestry alone became
high-ranking members of the Roman Catholic Church; they interjected their
patriarchy and business acumen into the church, moving it far from the teachings of Christ. America is not a colonial empire, not is it a theocracy.
These "end of time" posts are amusing, as they illustrate an utter lack of
historical knowledge and faith in our system of government that has managed to survive since the 18th century. They cause discord and sedition, not the new president; a foolish "tilting at windmills" disconnect with reality. Check out the vast number of cultures that Rome controlled,
and read a book instead of passing on inane email messages with no factual basis.

Map of the Greatest Extent of the Roman Empire

Old 07-05-2009, 01:56 PM

985 posts, read 2,601,322 times
Quote:
That's but a trifle!

It's not a light matter.
Oh Christ, OP you need to quit listening to Alex Jones.

Old 07-05-2009, 01:59 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,905,930 times
Quote:
That's but a trifle!

It's not a light matter.
You know, there may be a bunch of stuff going on these days, but it's really nothing to get all tied into a bunch about. What we Americans have been doing ... we've done for years.

I'm old ... sometimes I spend too much time reading ... (a habit that came along after the Bobby Kennedy assassination) ..

I love the United States and I'd hate to see her come to an untimely end. But on the other hand ... seeing how fast societies can crumble can sort of put things into perspective, so I won't ever take America for granted.

Sure ... we all know about the bully on the block (Americans). We all know about what goes on in Latin America ... we all know about the Monroe Doctrine and the CIA, and so on and so forth ... but still, even these things won't stop any of us from being who we are ... Americans.

The world doesn't think so very highly of us. We're the easy mark for folks .. we're the ones that like to loan, money borrowed from China, to nations that hate us.

Yup ... we're Americans.

I may not see the United States fall in my lifetime. I hope I don't. The fact remains though, that the United States will fall ... eventually ... it's a fact of life.

We're being taxed now the way we are because places like China have given us a vote of No Confidence ... they won't loan us any more money.

Nations of the world have grown weary with us. So much so, that the once proud American Presidency has to run around grovelling and apologizing for anything and everything to these nations for all of our presumed shortcomings.

If anyone in this world is being culled, it's us, and the nations of the world are the ones doing the culling. They're tired of us living off of the fat of their land. They are tired of us borrowing their money so we can go to war with their neighbors ... get the drift?

What we are experiencing now, is something we haven't done in almost 50+ years .. it's called .... Standing on our own.

It's not a comfortable thing to do ... but we've got to do it ... if we are ever going to get past this. ...

Old 07-05-2009, 02:03 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,015,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaye02 View Post
Oh Christ, OP you need to quit listening to Alex Jones.

That, and read some actual histories, written by scholars. Michael Grant is an excellent resource for Roman history. In 100 years, these nutty "prophets"
won't even be a footnote in American history.

Old 07-05-2009, 02:05 PM

4,978 posts, read 9,515,416 times
Quote:
If I told you in 1988 that there would be no Soviet Union by 1992, you would say the same thing.

The country will still be here, just going down the tubes like it has been. The government isn't going anywhere. The leeches in DC will still be there.

But when the dollar isn't worth anything anymore, no one will have any economic power.

There will be no place for the rich to put their money. And the dollar won't be worth anything.

Right now, there really aren't any good investments either.

Wages will hit rock bottom, as they have been diminishing since 1975.

Old 07-05-2009, 02:10 PM

4,978 posts, read 9,515,416 times
Quote:
That's but a trifle!

It's not a light matter.

I think they want to increase the population. That's why they let 30 million illegals in, so they had a new voting block, and could dilute the Middle American voter.

I agree that most people don't think this country would ever become a totalitarian state. But Thomas Jefferson did. They need to read what he said, because he was more than prophetic. He was more than sure that tyranny was always a step away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies