Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think you have to right to control others actions?
Yes 19 17.59%
No 89 82.41%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 08:53 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,192,356 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fracturedman View Post
Those are laws. I am talking about individual people trying to control others. You posted laws...laws are not made to control..they are made to protect.
CC+R's - Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions - Deed Restrictions.

Limitations on what you can do with your property. Not created by law - but created by man. Agreed to by contract.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2009, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Homosexual marriage, you have to buy a lisence to be married...
Create Civil Unions - the same thing you suggest can be done.

Old 07-12-2009, 09:31 PM

1,780 posts, read 2,347,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Create Civil Unions - the same thing you suggest can be done.
with the same rights and benefits as a heterosexual couple? Also, you realize that people who are married by a judge are still married by all defenition...I know plenty of people who do not beleive in god and the whole church thing...they where married by a judge and had a ceremony and all. Does that make them not married but only a civil union? Sorry my friend but the term is married not civil union.

Think about it...you would not expect a heterosexual couple wed by a judge to claim that they are a civil union. If they said, yes we are married...you would not think anything of it. You would expect to hear them say, "yes, we are married.

So why is it that a homosexual couple should have to claim that their bond is a civil union and not a marriage? This makes no sense at all...that is the problem with your society...they have double standards for almost everything. Its okay for this person but not for that person...its called a hypocrite for a reason.

Most who want to control others do not want to be controlled, and if you try they get defensive or even violent...its a common thing for abusers to do this.

Old 07-12-2009, 10:08 PM

Quote:
with the same rights and benefits as a heterosexual couple?
Yes

Old 07-12-2009, 10:16 PM

Quote:
with the same rights and benefits as a heterosexual couple? Also, you realize that people who are married by a judge are still married by all defenition...I know plenty of people who do not beleive in god and the whole church thing...they where married by a judge and had a ceremony and all. Does that make them not married but only a civil union? Sorry my friend but the term is married not civil union.
Judges are not the only ones doing marriages (laws vary from state to state). I'm a licensed marriage officiant - but, I'm not a judge.

The term "marriage" has its origins in religion. Another FACT is, as laws progressed in this country - the laws regarding "marriage" were codified to state that "marriage" was only between a man and a woman. Again - this is a fact. Another fact is - many States Constitutions define "marriage" as between a man and a woman.

If parties of same sex want a recognized, legal relationship, ostensibly to have the same "rights" as "married" couples, the concept of Civil Unions can fill the bill.

It all boils down to the Law - and the Law (in almost all the states) state that ONLY a man and a woman can be "Married".

Face it - it is not going to change. Accept the concept of Civil Unions.

Old 07-12-2009, 10:47 PM

Quote:
In regards to the marijuana case...can you provide any proof to that? a news article, drug test, clients word that only marijuana was in his system?
Yes, of course - we had tests done - and yes, I could provide you with news articles - but, I won't.

Old 07-12-2009, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Judges are not the only ones doing marriages (laws vary from state to state). I'm a licensed marriage officiant - but, I'm not a judge.

The term "marriage" has its origins in religion. Another FACT is, as laws progressed in this country - the laws regarding "marriage" were codified to state that "marriage" was only between a man and a woman. Again - this is a fact. Another fact is - many States Constitutions define "marriage" as between a man and a woman.

If parties of same sex want a recognized, legal relationship, ostensibly to have the same "rights" as "married" couples, the concept of Civil Unions can fill the bill.

It all boils down to the Law - and the Law (in almost all the states) state that ONLY a man and a woman can be "Married".

Face it - it is not going to change. Accept the concept of Civil Unions.
My friend as a lawyer you should know things are always changing. Change happens on a daily basis...some large some small.

Step by step my side is winning the right to do as we wish with our own lives.

Old 07-12-2009, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Yes, of course - we had tests done - and yes, I could provide you with news articles - but, I won't.
Well I doubt you could show me any articles, if you actually had some, it would be in your interest to show me. So you can claim you could but...until I see them...I cannot take your word for this.

It makes me wonder what you are afraid I might see in any article? Hmm, was your post about this case a lie? That is what it looks like...as a lawyer you should know better. With holding evidence...tsk...tsk..I would never higher you as a lawyer with that attitude.

Old 07-13-2009, 08:27 AM

3,849 posts, read 3,745,048 times
Quote:
CC+R's - Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions - Deed Restrictions.

Limitations on what you can do with your property. Not created by law - but created by man. Agreed to by contract.
"Agreed to by contract." There is the point. Someone does not agree to the restrictions built into CC&Rs, then they don't have to sign that lease (or in the case of a condo, purchase agreement) and are free to look elsewhere. Also, as far as I know, CC&Rs are the result of HOAs and the homeowners actually vote on those rules, do they not? Sorry, but CC&Rs are not 'imposed' on a homeowner. That homeowner agrees to those regulations BEFORE purchasing or moving in.

Old 07-13-2009, 09:40 AM

1,310 posts, read 3,044,390 times
'Quote (Ororiginally by fracturedman)---
so some of you think it is okay to control someones life? to tell them how they should live it? What makes you an expert at what a person should do?
---End Quote'

REPLY: Its not ok to control someones life, but, its ok to EXPECT someone to live correctly for the good of others and society. Do you expect other Drivers on the road to abide by the road laws so you are not in danger ? Do you expect others to treat you with absolute moral values when transacting business ? It is all of our responsibility to be our Brothers Keeper to expect another to live correctly, therefore, it is perfectly permissible to tell that person when they are not doing so. It is always wrong to blow it off to just being tolerant (apathetic) of any behavior . Its not people who decide whats right from wrong on your behavior...its already been decided on by what the Bible says ; if you dont like what the Bible says then please show a higher form of morals, values, and ethics that youd like society to have as a standard . I EXPECT you to live correctly and I hope you would care enough to EXPECT ME to live correctly. Lets put aside self absorbtion and making excuses so we can live however we want . Or...would that be too much of an infringement on our entitlement philosophy ?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies