Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 05:16 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,321,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I don't suppose you have any proof - just rumors and hearsay good enough for you?
Capitol Hill Blue's The Rant: Bush on the Constitution: 'It's just a goddamned piece of paper'

Capitol Hill Blue's The Rant: Bush on the Constitution: 'It's just a goddamned piece of paper'

YouTube - Countdown: Bush Dissolves The U.S. Constitution Today

YouTube - Constitutional Law For Dummies

YouTube - Ron Paul's Statement on H.R. 1955
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2009, 05:20 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Again, where in any of that is bush saying the words? Nowhere - just rumors and left-wing talking point. Now whenever obama does the same, they can point to this ficticious statement that is a figment of the Left's imagination.

Old 07-05-2009, 05:24 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,321,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Again, where in any of that is bush saying the words? Nowhere - just rumors and left-wing talking point. Now whenever obama does the same, they can point to this ficticious statement that is a figment of the Left's imagination.

YouTube - George Bush, dictator

Old 07-05-2009, 06:00 PM

And that proves your previous hyperbole....how?

I always said the left were a grim bunch - can't a guy even make a joke.

I see you are now grasping at whatever you can find to back up your previous false claims.

Stymied a bit, aren't you?

Old 07-05-2009, 06:13 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Q:Is it true that President Bush called the Constitution a "goddamned piece of paper?" He has never denied it, and it appears that there were several witnesses.
A: Extremely unlikely. The Web site that reported those words has a history of quoting phony sources and retracting bogus stories.
The report that Bush "screamed" those words at Republican congressional leaders in November 2005 is unsubstantiated, to put it charitably
(http://www.factcheck.org/askfactcheck/did_president_bush_call_the_constitution_a.html - broken link).

We judge that the odds that the report is accurate hover near zero. It comes from Capitol Hill Blue, a Web site that has a history of relying on phony sources, retracting stories and apologizing to its readers.
FactCheck.org: Did President Bush call the Constitution a "goddamned piece of paper?" (http://www.factcheck.org/askfactcheck/did_president_bush_call_the_constitution_a.html - broken link)

Old 07-05-2009, 06:27 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times

We can file this one away with the Michelle Obama "whitey" video.

Old 07-05-2009, 08:19 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,278,203 times
I actually respect FactCheck, so I'll go with their assessment, and retract my posting.

But I do take issue with their conclusion that whether Bush said this is "extremely unlikely." Bush shredded the U.S. Constitution on a fairly regular basis (warrantless wiretapping, lying to Congress to take this nation to war), suppressed scientific inquiry, etc.. (And we have only to listen to Watergate tapes to know what Presidents are capable of saying "in private."). The undeniable fact that Bush broke constitutional law makes it, in fact, not at all "unlikely" that he would have said something like this.

Old 07-05-2009, 08:24 PM

Quote:
But I do take issue with their conclusion that whether Bush said this is "extremely unlikely." Bush shredded the U.S. Constitution on a fairly regular basis (warrantless wiretapping, lying to Congress to take this nation to war), suppressed scientific inquiry, etc.. (And we have only to listen to Watergate tapes to know what Presidents are capable of saying "in private."). The undeniable fact that Bush broke constitutional law makes it, in fact, not at all "unlikely" that he would have said something like this.
The examples you give here are amusing, to say the least.

You realize obama is carrying on bush's program of wiretapping - and even expanding some aspects of it?

You do realize that obama's EPA just recently was caught suppressing a report that called into question the notion that carbon is a pollutant, so that they could carry on their agenda of regulating it.

So then I assume you think obama is breaking constitutional law as well?

There are no "undeniable facts" here. Bush has never even been charged with anything, let alone any evidence that anything like that occurred.

Old 07-05-2009, 08:28 PM

4,104 posts, read 5,309,861 times
This guy is amazing. He passes the largest spending bill in history without even reading it, passes Cap and Trade without reading it, but is now worried about having enough time to get something done by December.

Old 07-05-2009, 08:29 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,306,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Impeach the worthless POS.

I agree. Get his ass out of there before he ruins everything.

I have yet to see one liberal here say a darn thing about him tearing up the constitution for his own good after whining their arses off for so many years about Bush.

And who would have thunk Obama was a constitution buff?

Sure he was, he studied so he can rip the darn thing apart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies