Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 11:10 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,041,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
MJ was alot things but he was never proven to have committed any criminal offenses involving children. We know that he was absurdly weird and wildly talented. We know that he donated upwards of 300 million dollars to charity. Because one is extremely strange and often accused doesn't make him guilty. There are even rumors that one accuser has recanted(unconfirmed). BTW, I'm no huge MJ fan, just stating the facts.

Jordan Chandler Admits He Lied About Michael Jackson Wiki Wikipedia | TechBanyan
Tank...you and I usually seem to find ourselves on the same page and fighting the good fight together,but I'm going to have to veer off the path a bit and just meet you further down the road aways

I think what PETER KING() said is right in many ways...the dude WAS a perv and to discuss why he never went to jail is a money issue and for another thread entirely.

MJ may have given 300 million to charity,but was notorious for not paying his debts....I never viewed him as talented myself,but talent is only an opinion anyway if you stop and think about it.

I think the U.S. glorifies the freakish and imho it is wrong how the MJ thing is going....they ignore the bad and glorify the good(if you can call his music good that is)...he was NOT a good role model for children,he inspired nobody that I know personally and although it is sad when ANYONE dies, I found him to be no more important than the countless other poor souls who also passed away on that same day and whose family and friends mourned them without a bunch of "phony" glory.

They need to give it a rest IMO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2009, 01:29 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,234,236 times
Peter King's tirade against Michael Jackson has nothing to do with Jackson, but all about King capturing Kirsten Gillibrand's senate seat formery held by Hillary Clinton. He likes to generate headlines for himself with over the top utterances. The Jackson family has refused to honor his rantings with a response and rightly so.

Old 07-06-2009, 01:42 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,068,557 times
I believe Jackson was a pervert child molester and I agree with the congressman. It doesn't matter how great his music was, he USED his position to get his hands on little boys.

Old 07-06-2009, 01:43 PM

26,144 posts, read 48,818,667 times
Pervert? Low life? We're talking about Joe Jackson here, right?
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 07-06-2009, 01:44 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,195,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
A New York congressman says Michael Jackson was a "pervert" and calls on society to stop "glorifying" the late entertainer in a YouTube video.

Rep. Peter King said Jackson -- whom he called a "low-life" -- is being glorified in the days after his death while society ignores the efforts, of teachers, police officers, firefighters and veterans. In the two-minute video, King claims the "day in and day out" coverage of Jackson's death is "too politically correct."

New York Congressman Blasts Jackson as 'Pervert, Low-Life' - Political News - FOXNews.com
A new Yorker with sense

Old 07-06-2009, 01:47 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,023,709 times
As much as I personally could care less about Micheal Jackson, I do think the congressman went to far in insulting Jackson.

That being said, I think all the media coverage of his death is absolutely ridiculous.

Old 07-06-2009, 06:04 PM

64 posts, read 172,903 times
I'll keep Rep. King in mind when when he is up for reelection and convince everyone I know to make a financial contribution to who ever challenges him for his seat.

Old 07-06-2009, 07:13 PM

2,984 posts, read 5,844,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dejuan2 View Post
I'll keep Rep. King in mind when when he is up for reelection and convince everyone I know to make a financial contribution to who ever challenges him for his seat.
I will support his re-election because he tells it like it is! Jacko was a pervert and child molester.

Old 07-06-2009, 07:15 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,465,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
I believe Jackson was a pervert child molester and I agree with the congressman. It doesn't matter how great his music was, he USED his position to get his hands on little boys.
What was he convicted of? Refresh my memory..Becuase you believe something doesn't make it so.

Old 07-06-2009, 07:17 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,061,693 times
I really feel that where there's smoke there's fire... but more than that I admire that this guy had the nerve to stand up and say this insane circus has gone on way too long, and for what. He wasnt PC but he was brave and true to himself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies