Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 11:32 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,861,068 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Visionary? Nope. Having visions, most likely. Want the "Quiter" as your candidate in 2012, go for it, the Demos would LOVE you for it, too bad it ain't gonna happen, her political "career" is a done deal. LMAO!
Casper
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2009, 11:37 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,042,643 times
I am not a Palin supporter - at all. However, it seems that the negative media coverage of Palin is more proof that mass media is in bed with government. Notice I didn't say in bed with "liberals" or "conservatives." I said government. Why do I say this? Because Sarah Palin, as awkward as she is, is more representative of the everyday American than any of the politicians in Washington DC. You may not agree with her ideology or her approach, but you cannot deny that she speaks from the heart, which is more than you can say for any politician in DC whose ideals are based on corporate influence and pure partisanship. Whenever I read anything negative about Sarah Palin, I view it as an attack on the "regular guy/gal," which means to me that our mass media is more for "politics as usual" in Washington than it is on the look out for us regular folk. Endless media attacks on Palin are constant reminders that our media loves a smooth talking, say-anything-to-get-elected politician (all politicians) and are ready to ridicule anyone outside of the establishment.

Old 07-07-2009, 11:39 AM

7,835 posts, read 8,409,749 times
Oh please, oh please, oh PLEASE let her run!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertjohnson View Post
They keep saying how dumb she is. How she's a lightweight. Blah blah blah.
But they protest too much. The fact is that for the first two weeks of McCain/Palin
the Obama supporters were in a panic. The dream was over. It took much hard
work and media cooperation to stop the tailspin and still it was very close.

The Obama supporters are still afraid of her. You don't keep up this level of attack
on someone insignificant. They give themselves away. I can almost hear their little
sparrow hearts beating. And what is that smell? Oh yes,fear.
Barack Obama/Joe Biden: 365 electoral votes
John McCain/Sarah Palin: 173 electoral votes

Barack Obama/Joe Biden: 69,456,897 popular vote total
John McCain/Sarah Palin: 59,934,814 popular vote total

It wasn't close by any stretch of the imagination.

But go right on thinking we're afraid of running against Sarah Failin' Wailin' Bailin' Palin, and put her on the ticket. It will be the most lopsided landslide victory for the Democrats this nation has ever seen! And I, for one, welcome the opportunity to squash her political aspirations once and for all.

Old 07-07-2009, 11:42 AM

3,564 posts, read 5,501,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post

Barack Obama/Joe Biden: 69,456,897 popular vote total
John McCain/Sarah Palin: 59,934,814 popular vote total

It wasn't close by any stretch of the imagination.

But go right on thinking we're afraid of running against Sarah Failin' Wailin' Bailin' Palin, and put her on the ticket. It will be the most lopsided landslide victory for the Democrats this nation has ever seen! And I, for one, welcome the opportunity to squash her political aspirations once and for all.

Yeah you're right. 53.6% vs 46.3% of the vote is a landslide

But keep being the overly-emotional kid you appear to be. It makes you look great.

Old 07-07-2009, 11:47 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,042,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post

But keep being the overly-emotional kid you appear to be. It makes you look great.

If one wants to see a true landslide, they need to look no further than Ronald Reagan. It makes the Obama/McCain election look like a blooper in the bottom of the 9th with the bases loaded to score the winning run.

Old 07-07-2009, 11:49 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,612,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
She was forced out by all these "ethics" lawsuits that were completely unfounded, she quit because it was costing the Alaskan taxpayers alot of money to fight them. That is very noble of her, but you dont care about nobility do you?
You mean the one she filed against herself that was 2/3 the total cost of all of them?

State spent nearly $300K investigating Palin ethics complaints - Juneau Empire

God PLEASE RUN HER in 2012! I beg you!

Old 07-07-2009, 11:50 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,612,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
I do believe that the left see's Sarah Palin as a threat. Their reaction to her nomination as McCains running mate was rather telling. Some of the vile invective that spewed out of many left wing pundits mouths was quite amusing. "She's just a dumb B****", ' She's an F****** C***"" ...Oh Yea! Such poignant intellectuallism. Such in depth charatcter analysis. She still invokes a rabid reaction from the far lefties. Lol, and that alone makes me want to look at her a little closer. Any one that can throw the far left into such a frenzy HAS to have some admirable qualities. Sarah Palin and Megyn Kelly in 2012! LMAO...........
Can you provide me with links to "Pundits" calling her those things? Thanks.

Old 07-07-2009, 11:58 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,188,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
I think you misunderstand the negative reaction to Palin. It really isn't about her politics - which are very much off to the side. There are plenty of intelligent people capable of enacting her basic philosophy that should cause Democrats concern. Bobby Jindal comes to mind.

Palin demonstrates all the symptoms of narcissistic personality disorder, which is at a clinical level. The only fear people have of her is that she has no capacity for empathy and might lead us into WWIII if North Korea or Iran makes a joke about her.

I haven't encountered many conservatives who trust or like her as a politician. I'm sure she's a great mother and person.

then you must be scared to death of Obama
if there was ever a narcissisitic personality, it is he

7,835 posts, read 8,409,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post

If one wants to see a true landslide, they need to look no further than Ronald Reagan. It makes the Obama/McCain election look like a blooper in the bottom of the 9th with the bases loaded to score the winning run.
You guys don't read for comprehension much, do you?

Please show me where I said or implied that the 2008 victory for Barack Obama was a landslide.

Go on, I'll wait. . .

P.S. I love being 48 and referred to as a kid. So you just go on misrepresenting people's posts and making yourself look like another sort of animal.

And by the way, 53.6% to 46.3% is a substantial victory in national politics, as is the nearly 10,000,000 more votes the Obama/Biden ticket got nationwide, over the McCain/Palin ticket. And in the only metric that counts in a presidential race, electoral votes, it was, indeed, a blowout.

1,382 posts, read 2,378,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
While not an Obama supporter this statement is ridiculous. Considering the fact that that the whole "running for POTUS" takes more than a few weeks, you are stating that the "shock" factor and her selection as VPotus only lasted a few weeks. So does that mean intelligent people realized she is a joke? Realized she is a stunt and a token a sideshow freak?

Actually...I am wrong. She is a quitter. Plain and simple. She was elected by the people of Alaska and she let them down (18 months early). If it wasn't for the TOS I would say you are a f*****g idiot. But I don't want any trouble.
Ouch. OK. Your piercing insight, use of capitol letters and vulgarities convinces
me that everything I know is wrong. and after taking a second look at the
undeniable TRUTH in your profound wisdoms I'm with you.
Palin is a retard bush is Hitler only worse neocons are evil stupid stupids
hellaburton faux news bush crime family ........... ad nauseum.
What I'm saying is that Govoner Palin got the same treatment that any and every republican gets. You are incredibly obedient attack dogs that become enraged at the sight of anything red. Quick to pick up a cue from above. You know nothing until your told. Then comes the hyena like pack attack. We're all worse then evil, dumber than dumb in your disturbed world. I have repeatedly seen well thought out and backed up (yet doomed) challenges to charges made by your group only to see them discarded with the equivalent of a nuh uh. Your stupid. That dealt with on you go.
It's stunning to watch.
With the rhetoric ratched to the breaking point it will be interesting to see how you handle this. We'll be watching.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies