Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 11:43 AM

2,984 posts, read 5,855,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
California’s Nightmare Will Kill Obamanomics: Kevin Hassett - Bloomberg.com

Years of democratic expansion of government and massive taxes on everything, has this state on the brink of ruin.

No, we do not believe a word of his rhetoric. All his assumptions, estimates, calculations, forecasts have proven terrible, undeniably wrong.
As far as I concerned the people of California deserve the economic condition of their state. They choose to sit and let the government create liberal spending programs they could not afford.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2009, 11:49 AM

769 posts, read 887,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stac2007 View Post
As far as I concerned the people of California deserve the economic condition of their state. They choose to sit and let the government create liberal spending programs they could not afford.

I resent this, because we are about to share that boat, and I don't deserve a lick of it, I have been fighting it tooth and nail.

Old 07-06-2009, 11:52 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,617,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stac2007 View Post

Whoa there buddy. California is a HUUUUGE state and not everyone is gung ho about more taxes and spending. Did you hear the results of our last prop vote in May?? NO to every last one of them. The people of California are sick of getting taxed and are in the process of voting these people out. Unfortunately, LA and San Francisco have more power than we the 'little people' do, and they vote for the stupid crap that gets the rest of us in trouble.

They're wising up though... slowly but surely.

Old 07-06-2009, 11:54 AM

3,457 posts, read 4,651,747 times
I especially like this part of the article:

The federal picture is so bleak because the Obama administration is the most fiscally irresponsible in the history of the U.S. I would imagine that he would be the intergalactic champion as well, if we could gather the data on deficits on other worlds. Obama has taken George W. Bush’s inattention to deficits and elevated it to an art form.

It proves that the Obamatrons are clueless. It was bad when Bush did it, but when Obama does it, it is great. All in the name of government power. Proving once again that the road to hell is paved with good intentions, both in California and now the Federal government.

Old 07-06-2009, 11:59 AM

9,763 posts, read 10,523,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Musta been before my time and I'm in my 60s. Politics are a self perpetuating, incestuous and rather sleazy arena fraught with nepotism. They always have been.
Musta been before time, period. And it ain't just politics. Indeed, my boss' only qualification for the job is his wife.

Old 07-06-2009, 11:59 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times
Quote:
True, but Calif and other states like Michigan are perfect examples of what happens when the dems/libs get control and implement their ruinous policies.

Old 07-06-2009, 12:00 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,523,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterK View Post
To bad no one clued GM in on this.
Huh?

Old 07-06-2009, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
True, but Calif and other states like Michigan are perfect examples of what happens when the dems/libs get control and implement their ruinous policies.

I completely agree with this, but I'm just jumping in to curb the attacks coming. When either party is aloud to get their way all the time with no checks bad things happen. What we need is the government to just take it easy, let us do s**t on our own.

Old 07-06-2009, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Huh?

I was just taking a shot a GMs terrible foresight and business planning.

Old 07-06-2009, 12:10 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times
Quote:
What we need is the government to just take it easy, let us do s**t on our own.
That is not the dem/lib way. More government, more intrusion, more restrictions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies