Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 07:37 AM

9,891 posts, read 10,823,821 times

Advertisements

I can only imagine how angry the parents of those students at VT feel. How many lives would have been saved if another student or faculty would have been carrying a concealed weapon and could have shot this physco after he fired the first round! Obviously he didn't realize that the campus was a gun free zone! What insanity! Its time gun control advocates wake up, and be held accountable for their actions!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2007, 08:05 AM

592 posts, read 2,810,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Obviously he didn't realize that the campus was a gun free zone! What insanity! Its time gun control advocates wake up, and be held accountable for their actions!
I think you're on to something Silas, the signage at the college must not have been large enough or in different languages for all to see and understand...lets start a campaign to make bigger better signs so criminals know their behavior is not acceptable...

Old 04-18-2007, 08:23 AM

1,506 posts, read 4,280,302 times
Maybe he was just confused because the University was NOT a designated "NO MURDER" zone.

Old 04-18-2007, 08:26 AM

1,499 posts, read 4,832,188 times
Arrow Give the good guys a chance next time!

I agree. Virginia tech and the left-wing loonies create these dumb policies called "gun free zones", excpt these should be called "criminal safe zones" as drug dealers, loonies like the VT guy and criminals in general do not care about these rules!!! .

Let's say an employer/company/college creates a rule or regulation saying "no guns at work". Ok, fine so no law-abiding person will bring a gun to work. A violator would face a misdeameanor (max 1 year in jail, but most likely will get probation).

Now, take a crazy dude like the Virgina Tech guy, is going to commit first degree murder, which carries life or possibly the death penalty. Do you think he will care is the employer/company/college forbids guns at work??? Come on!! Of corse not! Reasonable people know that.... only if you live in la-la utopia land will you believe that by passing a rule that crazy people will respect it.

This is the dumbest thing ever! If law-abiding people are not allowed to have firearms for personal protection and crazy Virginia Tech guys will bring guns to kill people anyway, shuldn't one of the good guys be bale to stop a guy like the Virginia Tech dude?

Taking guns away form the good guys will not change anything. That is like taking protection away from the good guys and letting the bad guys have their way (that is EXACTLY what happened at Virginia Tech). Understand that all licensed people have to get checked for psychological/mental records and go through an extensive background investigation and training.That is why they should be allowed to have guns at work and school. Again, the crazy people will not respect any rules anyway, so why take away the guns from the good guys?? The Virginia Tech was breaking the law big time. Did that stop him?? NO!

Wise up. Let the good guys have a chance next time!

Old 04-18-2007, 08:57 AM

452 posts, read 1,132,328 times
Quote:
shuldn't one of the good guys be bale to stop a guy like the Virginia Tech dude?
According to other threads there needs to be MORE legislation and Red tape to have to deal with to purchase a gun...That will fix it! There are pro-gun people who are even talking that trash. I just can not believe how these people think. If the crazy Ho guy would not have been able to buy a gun he would have just found some other method to murder 31 people. Do these people actually think if this guy wouldn’t have been able to buy a gun that he would have said " The Imperialistic Government will not allow me to purchase a gun so, I guess I will just go back to being ronery" The only way this guy could have been stopped is if Virginia Tech didn’t have anti-self defense laws.

Old 04-18-2007, 09:13 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,670,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chloedog View Post
According to other threads there needs to be MORE legislation and Red tape to have to deal with to purchase a gun...That will fix it! There are pro-gun people who are even talking that trash. I just can not believe how these people think. If the crazy Ho guy would not have been able to buy a gun he would have just found some other method to murder 31 people. Do these people actually think if this guy wouldn’t have been able to buy a gun that he would have said " The Imperialistic Government will not allow me to purchase a gun so, I guess I will just go back to being ronery" The only way this guy could have been stopped is if Virginia Tech didn’t have anti-self defense laws.
Ok I gotta ask this, what is wrong with waiting longer for a gun? Why do you need one so quickly? Gotta shoot something now? And what is wrong with more saftey measures for guns? Ok anyone see Judge Dred?( I know dumb movie)but they had guns encoded with DNA, now I am not saying that specifically, but there has to be ways. We are too high tech to not have the ability.
I personally think the fact that the USA is so obsessed with them and violence, this is causing the problem. People need to quit making such a big deal about owning a gun, and maybe others( young kids and crazies) wouldnt think it is so cool to have one.

Old 04-18-2007, 09:21 AM

592 posts, read 2,810,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
I personally think the fact that the USA is so obsessed with them and violence, this is causing the problem. People need to quit making such a big deal about owning a gun, and maybe others( young kids and crazies) wouldnt think it is so cool to have one.
That is a great point Nea...the violence in video games, Hollywood movies, etc. is overwhelming. Unfortunately, parenting is the problem there...and isn't it strange there are so many "anti" actors and media moguls that have made millions on violent movies etc? Do as I say, not as I do....

Old 04-18-2007, 09:25 AM

452 posts, read 1,132,328 times
Why in the hell should I have to wait...I am a Law abiding citizen with a concealed weapons permit. Do I have to wait to buy a car? Do I have to wait to buy a knife? Owning a gun does not make you obsessed with violence. I choose NOT to become a victim. Every one of you wants to preach about more rules and regulations and I think that is pure stupidity. The criminal will always be able to find a way to do whatever the hell it is he wants to do. More Regulations are a waste of time.

Old 04-18-2007, 09:26 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,670,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delaneyland View Post
That is a great point Nea...the violence in video games, Hollywood movies, etc. is overwhelming. Unfortunately, parenting is the problem there...and isn't it strange there are so many "anti" actors and media moguls that have made millions on violent movies etc? Do as I say, not as I do....
My kids will not own any games with gun violence, the worst ones they have involve killing zombies with a bat.
I own guns, my kids have been to gun classes, my kids know guns are not toys, and not for playing with they have no fasination with them. While I have seen other people brag about their guns, bring them out have show and tell. Whats the big deal?

Old 04-18-2007, 09:34 AM

2,815 posts, read 12,986,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
I can only imagine how angry the parents of those students at VT feel. How many lives would have been saved if another student or faculty would have been carrying a concealed weapon and could have shot this physco after he fired the first round! Obviously he didn't realize that the campus was a gun free zone! What insanity! Its time gun control advocates wake up, and be held accountable for their actions!
I agree. It's ironic that Virginia allows one to carry concealed firarms, yet prohibits them by law from university and college campuses. Since when does an armed criminal obey the laws?
Yet, those inside the college were sitting ducks.
I do think we need better background checks though and a longer waiting period to acquire firearms, and automatic rifles and handguns should not be sold period in my view.
I like my .22 rifle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies