Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 08:46 AM

3,770 posts, read 4,982,136 times

Advertisements

Considering that the Elephants created this mess we are in.

I think Obama is doing an average job!

1. Bush lied about weapons of mass destruction
2. Clinton had a surplus- key word had a surplus before the Shrub, I mean Bush became Pres.
3.More hypocrits are coming out of the closet. (Sandford, Mark Foley, Larry Craig and probably more will be announced soon.)
4. Went into Iraq without an exit strategy. (Over 4000 U. S men and women killed for nothing!)
5. Started this Stimulus before Obama.
6. Allowed the Banks to continue to do the very thing that created our financial promblems.
7. China continues to own America's debt. (Guess who started that?)
8. Tax breaks for the rich. ( Never understood that one. )
9. Allowing the dollar to lose it's strength.
10. Pandering to Big Oil ( Guess who owned a huge stake on Oil?)

I have more, but I'm going to wait it out!

I disagree with Obama's spending.

So I'll give him a C - and I'll give the Republican Party an F.

Last edited by Mr. Opinion; 07-08-2009 at 09:04 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2009, 09:07 AM

24,406 posts, read 23,065,142 times
Obama has a 52% approval rating with a 48% disapproval rating. 32% are very favorable to him, 37% are very unfavorable. Rasmussen poll, 7/8/09.

Old 07-08-2009, 09:22 AM

989 posts, read 2,498,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Yes that baffoon Obama! All those mistakes he made!

I'll be the World really hates him now! .....Let's take a look shall we?

1) http://www.realclearworld.com/blog/W...n09_graph1.jpg

2)POLITICS: Obama Clear Winner in World Opinion - IPS ipsnews.net

3)Obama Rockets to Top of Poll on Global Leaders - World Public Opinion

[la...la...la...la....We live in our own wing nut World!...la la la....]
Oh great, Europeans like us more now!! Great...The startling proposed tax increases, expanded government bureaucracy, and generations of public debt will be worth it for a little less anti-Americanism in the parlors of Paris!

Our differences from the Europeans are exactly why the U.S. is became by far the strongest economy on earth.

From me he gets a D- so far.

Old 07-08-2009, 09:29 AM

989 posts, read 2,498,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post
Terrible. I hate his anti-American worldwide apology tour and his groveling to dictators.
Hahah...Yes, and his brazen ass-kissing of Putin was revolting. Putin probably now has zero respect for him.

Last edited by ATXIronHorse; 07-08-2009 at 09:48 AM..

Old 07-08-2009, 09:34 AM
XBC

21 posts, read 51,657 times
I give him a C+
No one can accuse me of being an Obama fanboy but come on give him a chance he didn't inherit utopia.

But come on I have a feeling that if it was McCain in office and did everything Obama did some of you would be whistling a different tune, that goes to both Obama lovers and haters.

Old 07-08-2009, 12:14 PM

2,661 posts, read 2,903,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
I would have to say that he is a failure so far. Everything that the lefties say Bush failed at, Obama has made worse. We are headed for rampant recession, hyper-inflation and the stimulus bill is anything but stimulating. He has made our country weaker both fiscally and by apologizing and cow-towing to foreign governments. I love how some folks think it will take years to clean up the Bush mess, what about the Obama mess? It will take generations upon generations to clear this red tape and pork up.

My only hope is that future administrations realize "Here is what not to do" when taking over. Then again, they did not learn from the Carter disaster obviously.
Amazing.
No facts at all.
But lots of predictions.

Old 07-08-2009, 12:22 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,594,130 times
I just hope that everyone on here who is horrified by what is going on in Washington actually DOES SOMETHING ABOUT IT instead of just blowing off steam here. Remember, it is not just Obama who is playing with your future, it is the liberals in Washington who actually write and pass the bills into law. If you don't get involved actively and make the "change" that we all can believe in during the upcoming elections, then all of your complaints will mean nothing. It is time to act and let your voice be heard loud and clear !!

Old 07-08-2009, 12:25 PM

2,011 posts, read 3,878,903 times
In a word, horrible .

Old 07-08-2009, 04:34 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,706,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Obama has a 52% approval rating with a 48% disapproval rating. 32% are very favorable to him, 37% are very unfavorable. Rasmussen poll, 7/8/09.
But, don't forget, you don't care about popularity. You stand behind Bush because he stood his ground in the face of rock bottom popularity.

Remember...? No? Hmmm....how soon we forget our core values.

Old 07-08-2009, 04:50 PM

2,917 posts, read 4,766,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HubbleRules View Post
You are right - Bush left one horrendous mess - if you read about his life - it's a recurring theme with the man...

And you are right - no matter who took office - the economic near-depression he left us with would be playing out for over a year no matter who was in the Oval Office.

I think he's doing a good job - and that it will take time for his policies to turn things around...

In the meantime - expect a lot of negative posts from the Obama Haters - the Ditto Heads of the world...

Good thing is the country has come to ignore them and the GOP - they've witnessed first hand what a mess their ilk has left this country in - and I doubt they will trust them for another generation to lead this nation...

Obama will get us back on the road to recovery - but it will take time - 2 years in my opinion...
His premise, as I understood it, was this hopenchange was immediate, not two freaking years down the road. The hate continues...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies