Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 05:15 PM

2,256 posts, read 6,954,599 times

Advertisements

I too find it despicable how the media is glorifying this pedophile and ignoring the rest of the world. Its why every chance to personally thank a soldier I do for the fact they do not get the recognition they deserve each day from the American public...especially in places like around the University of Berkeley in CA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2009, 05:19 PM

2,842 posts, read 2,327,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgt04 View Post
I too find it despicable how the media is glorifying this pedophile and ignoring the rest of the world. Its why every chance to personally thank a soldier I do for the fact they do not get the recognition they deserve each day from the American public...especially in places like around the University of Berkeley in CA.
Seriously, or places like Fox News, which carried the Jackson story all day long but barely mentioned the dead soldiers...

Old 07-07-2009, 05:20 PM

454 posts, read 795,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
I've never seen every media outlet cover the death of every individual soldier. That in now way means their lives aren't important. Soldiers are constantly praised in this country in life and in death and rightfully so..

Fwiw, NPR does a segment honoring every fallen soldier, talking a bit about his/her life. I *believe* it's available as a podcast, which is perfect for those annoyed/offenses by NPR. Segments are produced by the nearest local NPR station.

Old 07-07-2009, 05:20 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,972,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgt04 View Post
Did the people of Berkely send them away to get killed for nothing?

I believe your folks did that. You wrapped yourself in the flag and called anybody who disagreed with you "terrorist sympathizers".

Now over 70% of Americans think the war was a mistake.

Old 07-07-2009, 05:21 PM

1,364 posts, read 1,928,216 times
Are we talking about Mikey Jackson or Jesse Jackson? That fat racist pig got his mug plastered all over the media at the memorial. It's absolutely digusting that either Jackson would get any coverage over the Real American Heroes.

Yeah, it'd be nice if Barrack Obozo did something honorable, like tell America to ignore this circus in favor of a real military memorial.

Old 07-07-2009, 05:22 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,752,651 times
It has nothing to do with that. They just died at the wrong time. That happens. The soldiers are important to THEIR families and friends who knew them. To the government they are just "acceptable losses". To the rest of us they are names we don't know from towns we never heard of. I hate to say it but that is the cold hard truth of the matter.
Jackson on the other hand was known the world over, had what will probably be the best selling album in all our lifetimes and was loved by millions and millions of fans in every corner of the world. You simply cannot compare him to a soldier killed in war.

Old 07-07-2009, 05:22 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,560,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amerifree View Post
Are we talking about Mikey Jackson or Jesse Jackson? That fat racist pig got his mug plastered all over the media at the memorial. It's absolutely digusting that either Jackson would get any coverage over the Real American Heroes.

Yeah, it'd be nice if Barrack Obozo did something honorable, like tell American to ignore this circus in favor of a real military memorial.
Seriously??? You realize that every soldier who dies gets a military funeral. But blame it on Obama right? You people blame & ridicule him for everything else, why not this. Just add it to your neverending lame list.

Old 07-07-2009, 05:23 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,752,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
The Stars N Stripes Newspaper had more coverage of Jackson's death! The newpaper of the miliary. ....LOL
He has plenty of fans in the service too.

Old 07-07-2009, 06:14 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,142,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
I was actually going to mention this. I don't know of any network that covers every single person that died over there. Anyone else? Right, I didn't think so. Michael is news right now, as soon as this memorial is over with today, you won't hear about it anymore. Just be patient. Personally, I would MUCH rather watch stuff about Michael Jackson than that idiot family Jon & Kate. I've had just about enough of them, I actually did from the very start of that show.
Every Sunday morning George Stephanopoulis (sp?) shows the names of soldiers killed that week, "In Memorium"......the only regular TV coverage.

Old 07-07-2009, 06:17 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,560,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Every Sunday morning George Stephanopoulis (sp?) shows the names of soldiers killed that week, "In Memorium"......the only regular TV coverage.
Ah, then I stand corrected. I don't know what network that is on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies