Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 08:48 AM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
He claimed their taxes would not be raised - any and all taxes. The Tobacco Tax is a tax.
Not just that, but the SCHIP bill contained the two largest tax increases in U.S. history! The taxes on loose tobacco and little cigars went up over 2400% and 2600%, respectively. The former affects me directly, as I roll my own. Most of the people that this tax affects are in the lowest income brackets.

I'm glad that the charlatan is being exposed for the fraud that he is. I just hope we can survive another 3.5 years of this clown.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2009, 08:48 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,447,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickeldude View Post
Did you forget the part where Bush actually destroyed this country and might have deserved the criticism he received? .
HOW did Bush destroy this country?
List the examples now you can only do this if the DEM's had nothing to do with it you cannot blame Bush for what the Dems have done ( Ex:None of Housing mortgage problems, or the Iraq war because DEMS voted on it too and helped pass it)
Come on we will wait.

Old 07-09-2009, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Now I'm being compared to Goebbels. Typical right-wing response. (You can claim you're a "Libertarian" all you want. Your posts speak volumes otherwise.")

I know that "Libertarians" think they're just so uber-cool, having escaped the mundane ideological traps that have crippled the rest of us poor saps, who still--endearingly--believe in the American political system. Spare me. I've have enough friends from that side of the aisle over the years to know better.
You have a remarkable imagination. You've already had an entire conversation in your head! "Spare me. I've had enough" LOL!

Ok, MF, I think it's time to put you on ignore. I've just read about a thousand of your posts between this thread and the global warming thread and frankly, you're nothing but a pure ideological cheerleader, blindly dismissing anything that doesn't suit your agenda. That, I could deal with, but when you add your over-the-top arrogance and smugness, I just can't handle it. It might be different if you actually had something to say, but all you do is deride others and promote your far left talking points.

As entertaining as your posts can be, I can't justify wasting the time reading them anymore. If you just had something - anything - significant to say, I'd be happy to continue to let you entertain, but, well, you don't...

To quote... you: Caio!

Old 07-09-2009, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
society would be better off if the Federal Income Tax was changed to include all income from all sources with a base deductable of at least twice the median income and logarithmically progressive rates topping out at 99+%.

Gee, you've really thought that one out, haven't you?

Let's see, if I work 80 hours per week and bust my butt for 10 years of school, I can make $10,000,000 per year. But if I do that, the government will tax me at 99.5%, leaving me with only $50,000 - and that's before my state income tax is figured, sales tax, etc. Golly, I sure have a lot of incentive to bust my butt, get educated and be innovative!

Old 07-09-2009, 10:28 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,752,619 times
Quote:
Yes, it was a huge warning sign. In retrospect. Obama was not running the economy at that time. He was campaigning.
Keep up, it was a warning sign, the op (looking back I noticed it was you!) said Obama made a promise not to raise taxes before the economy crashed. He (you) was clearly wrong!

Old 07-09-2009, 10:35 AM

5,165 posts, read 6,052,792 times
Quote:
Neo-cons are such losers. They do nothing to help. They have nothing to offer. Their sole reason for living is to **** on the President, divide the nation, and bring down the American government.

He claimed taxes would not be raised. During the campaign. Before the bottom fell out of the economy.

If he has to raise taxes, so be it. Step up to the plate and pay more taxes, like the American patriot you only claim to be.
Most of your posts have been decimated in this thread and rightfully so.
There is not one ounce of comprehension of world and national events in any of your posts. But what do you expect from a blind Obamatron.
Complete task: send "MovingFoward" to ignore.

Old 07-09-2009, 10:38 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Only an utter moron would believe we were not going to have to raise taxes. Even if Obama had done nothing, taxes were going to go up, the last bunch in charge left us all hold the bag and sooner or later all bills have to be paid. The difference is who will pay what percentage of the taxes. Personally, I am all for a consumption or flat tax that treats all equally, still hopefull that that may one day be the case.
Casper

Old 07-09-2009, 10:51 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
Even if Obama had done nothing, taxes were going to go up, the last bunch in charge left us all hold the bag and sooner or later all bills have to be paid.
They need to cut spending, not expand it beyond all logic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies