Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 09:13 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,610,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
A lot of us Christians DO believe in God, do believe He created all things, and DO believe he did it on his own timetable that was not made up of 24 hour man defined days. We DO believe the earth is millions of years old. We do believe there were dinosaurs, etc. And we do NOT believe that belief in God is contingent upon ignorance.
Exactly my position. How can we possibly know how long a 'day' is in God-time?
How anyone can dismiss any of the beauty and wonder of God's creation is totally beyond me.

Old 07-10-2009, 09:45 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,664,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot View Post
AZ State Senator Allen testified before Congress in support of Uranium mining in her home state of AZ. During her testimony she said that, "The Earth has been around for 6000 years, which was long before environmental laws and everything has been just fine, so we should mine the uranium in AZ and get the revenue. Once they get all the uranium out of the ground, you won't even know the mine was there."

And some people wonder why Republicans are losing elections. LMAO!!!!!!
I'm not going to defend this person because they are republican..
but I will defend the point. Lets just say humans have been on this earth more then 6000 years (which we all know) we havent had any environmental laws until the last 50 years and everything has been just fine. Ever wonder how long fires burned and how many trees and planet life died before humans on this planet. Forest fires went on for years all over the world. Which is it global cooling, warming or climate change or should we see a new word come from washington and the green people to define insanity. The climate does change and its designed that way. Ooo sorry I said the word designed like if something else created the earth and it just didnt happen over night. Welcome to earth libs. I dont know who needs more protecting and guidance, the earth? or the people who have no idea how or why this planet works.

Old 07-10-2009, 09:45 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,550,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
How anyone can dismiss any of the beauty and wonder of God's creation is totally beyond me.

I dismiss it every day. I don't believe in a creator god, nor any type of god at all.

Do you still believe in Ra, or Odin, or any of the plethora of gods who were around before anyone had heard of jesus? (who, consequently I don't believe existed either)

Old 07-10-2009, 09:50 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,414,430 times
Cool AZ State Senator Allen Argues That The Earth is Only 6000 Years Old

She wasn't arguing the point.

She was stating it as if it were a fact.

Old 07-10-2009, 09:57 AM

41,478 posts, read 59,575,874 times
We have learned the hard way that an industrial economy without pollution controls and other environmental restrictions rapidly becomes toxic to humans. Without healthy humans there are very few profits and the investors, the ones left anyway, begin to fuss and petition their government to install environmental controls so their market will still exist.

BTY – For most of human history life was, for the overwhelming majority of humans, very short, brutish and filthy. Now we have at least progressed to longer and healthier, at least in the developed word.

BTW – the planet condensed out of the primordial dust about 20 million years ago because that is the way the system works. Plate Tectonics has rearranged the surface several times since and continues to do so. Sometimes this rearrangement can make the planet nearly uninhabitable. Too bad, that is the way it works. If you don’t like it ask your God to change the way things work.

Old 07-10-2009, 10:00 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,727,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
but I will defend the point. Lets just say humans have been on this earth more then 6000 years (which we all know) we havent had any environmental laws until the last 50 years and everything has been just fine.
World was fine without a government, or a democracy too. People survived from lack of proper medicine, cars, offices... they did just fine living in caves. They couldn't care less about lead or mercury or exposure to radiation of any kind.

Doesn't everything look cool until you're subjected to live it?

As for the senator and the rhetoric, it is only a reflection of her constituents, those that voted the person into office.

Old 07-10-2009, 07:22 PM

3,282 posts, read 5,185,769 times
Quote:
but I will defend the point. Lets just say humans have been on this earth more then 6000 years (which we all know) we havent had any environmental laws until the last 50 years and everything has been just fine. Ever wonder how long fires burned and how many trees and planet life died before humans on this planet. Forest fires went on for years all over the world. Which is it global cooling, warming or climate change or should we see a new word come from washington and the green people to define insanity. The climate does change and its designed that way. Ooo sorry I said the word designed like if something else created the earth and it just didnt happen over night. Welcome to earth libs. I dont know who needs more protecting and guidance, the earth? or the people who have no idea how or why this planet works.
Humanity has not been industrialised for all the times it's been on Earth. Which pokes a gaping hole into your claim that the Earth will be fine since humans have existed for a long time without environmental laws. Humans have existed roughly the same time without cars and factories.

Old 07-10-2009, 11:22 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,250,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
I, for one, do not dismiss any of the beauty and wonder of Nature. I just don't believe that some deity created it. I think that the beauty of life, in all of its magnificent diversity and complexity, is the greatest mystery there is. Nature, witnessed and experienced on its own terms, rather than through the concept of a "creating" God, neatly tying things up in a packaged story, is infinitely more breathtaking. Of course, that's just my opinion.

Old 07-10-2009, 11:25 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,250,588 times
Quote:
You're arguing for the existence of a "creator" of all life--somebody named "God"--and you think that "libs" aren't grounded in reality?

Old 07-10-2009, 11:36 PM

38,610 posts, read 26,243,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot View Post
AZ State Senator Allen testified before Congress in support of Uranium mining in her home state of AZ. During her testimony she said that, "The Earth has been around for 6000 years, which was long before environmental laws and everything has been just fine, so we should mine the uranium in AZ and get the revenue. Once they get all the uranium out of the ground, you won't even know the mine was there."

And some people wonder why Republicans are losing elections. LMAO!!!!!!

Got a link?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies