Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2009, 10:49 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,555,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Of course it doesn't bother her.
i'm confused. i thought she rejected any research or opinion from anyone but ph.d-level climatologists, yet now the claim is that the work and opinions of a senior scientist in climate studies at NASA with a ph.d in meteorology is mysteriously discarded because he was noticed by rush limbaugh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2009, 10:55 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,278,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
i'm confused. i thought she rejected any research or opinion from anyone but ph.d-level climatologists, yet now the claim is that the work and opinions of a senior scientist in climate studies at NASA with a ph.d in meteorology is mysteriously discarded because he was noticed by rush limbaugh
Nice try. But weak.

Aren't you going to send those folks an email??? I mean, seriously, if they all have only "half a brain," then they desperately need your secret information so that they can be disabused of their errors.

Yeah, no.

Old 07-08-2009, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
No, it doesn't bother me. Because Wilson actually sees and documents the effects of climate change (and all the things that lead to it, including deforestation) on the species he studies (noting that we are losing 100 species per day to extinction).
yet those EPA scientists who had their paper suppressed last week because it didn't 'fit the agenda' also saw and documented such, but you railed on and on that they weren't believable due to lack of a ph.d in climatology, even though one had a doctorate in environmental science.
how many of those lost species are due to habitat destruction vs. 'climate change'? do you know?

Quote:
BP, the largest oil company in the UK and one of the largest in the world, has this opinion:
There is an increasing consensus that climate change is linked to the consumption of carbon based fuels and that action is required now to avoid further increases in carbon emissions as the global demand for energy increases.
Shell Oil (yes, as in oil, the fossil fuel) says:
Shell shares the widespread concern that the emission of greenhouse gases from human activities is leading to changes in the global climate.
Eighteen CEOs of Canada's largest corporations had this to say in an open letter to the Prime Minister of Canada:
Our organizations accept that a strong response is required to the strengthening evidence in the scientific assessments of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC). We accept the IPCC consensus that climate change raises the risk of severe consequences for human health and security and the environment. We note that Canada is particularly vulnerable to the impacts of climate change.
Have the environazis seized the reigns of industrial power, in addition to infiltrating the U.N., the science academies of every developed nation, and the top research institutes of North America? That just doesn't seem very likely.
wait a sec. why did AGW proponent rkb0305 say:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305
What IS logical is that big business and big oil are in the pockets of the right, and are the ones denying that climate change is happening.
seems odd, next to what you just posted, does it not?

but then he/she adds-

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305
Why? $$$$$ of course.

Old 07-08-2009, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Nice try. But weak.
why is it 'weak'? explain, please.

Quote:
Aren't you going to send those folks an email??? I mean, seriously, if they all have only "half a brain," then they desperately need your secret information so that they can be disabused of their errors.

Yeah, no.
if you can show me evidence that they're having a shrieking alarmist fit even remotely like the one you just had, and claim that the planet is dying? heck yes, i will definitely send them an email.
please post their meltdowns and email addresses here for our viewing and emailing enjoyment.

Old 07-08-2009, 11:08 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
If you have doubts about global warming because there's not definitive proof, then you must not believe in God. If you do, then you're not being consistent.

Old 07-08-2009, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
If you have doubts about global warming because there's not definitive proof, then you must not believe in God. If you do, then you're not being consistent.
i'm an agnostic. and yourself?

Old 07-08-2009, 11:14 PM

Quote:
yet those EPA scientists who had their paper suppressed last week because it didn't 'fit the agenda' also saw and documented such, but you railed on and on that they weren't believable due to lack of a ph.d in climatology, even though one had a doctorate in environmental science.
how many of those lost species are due to habitat destruction vs. 'climate change'? do you know?

wait a sec. why did AGW proponent rkb0305 say:

seems odd, next to what you just posted, does it not?

but then he/she adds-

Yeah, that EPA scientist? An economist.

Scant evidence for charge that EPA ‘suppressed’ dissent [Updated] | Grist

Guardian Environment Network: A devastating critique of EPA science? | Environment | guardian.co.uk

Try again. Nice touch--the condescending tone. Unfortunately, it can't save you from the facts.

So how about that email, eh? You gonna' send it? Seriously, I'm sure they'd appreciate knowing the error of their half-brained ways.

Old 07-08-2009, 11:15 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Thats a great point.

The "Christian" conservatives who reject science in favor of faith based beliefs.

I'd rep u if I could.

Old 07-08-2009, 11:16 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Quote:
i'm an agnostic. and yourself?
Atheist. I believe in science.

I will admit that I've been a skeptic of global warming, but at the same time, I sucked at science classes, so I don't trust my own opinion very much.

Last edited by AnUnidentifiedMale; 07-08-2009 at 11:28 PM..

Old 07-08-2009, 11:19 PM

Quote:
why is it 'weak'? explain, please.

if you can show me evidence that they're having a shrieking alarmist fit even remotely like the one you just had, and claim that the planet is dying? heck yes, i will definitely send them an email.
please post their meltdowns and email addresses here for our viewing and emailing enjoyment.
LMAO. "Shrieking alarmist fit." Looks to me, rather, that you're the one beginning to be a little alarmed: you're anxiously trying to deflect the topic, since you can't really respond that ALL of those organizations and researchers are simply wrong and "half-brained" without looking like an idiot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies