Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 06:42 PM

2,984 posts, read 5,857,088 times

Advertisements

The question we should be asking ourselves is why didn't president Bozo stop and visit our allies Poland and the Ukraine? He kisses Putin's bum but ignores our allies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2009, 06:49 PM

1,933 posts, read 1,825,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stac2007 View Post
The question we should be asking ourselves is why didn't president Bozo stop and visit our allies Poland and the Ukraine? He kisses Putin's bum but ignores our allies.
Who are posting about?

Old 07-09-2009, 06:59 PM

785 posts, read 1,050,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wellness View Post
This has been going on too long and American should be tired of this BS!
Another trillion dollar stimulus on it's way and Obama's are very carefree
about spending and living large. They are laughing their asses off and love getting over because they thing they are loved by everyone. Please stop
the Obama crush and root for impeachment!
Impeachment, give me a break! Just in case it hasn't been brought to your attention before, a president must commit a crime in order to be impeached. You and I both know, Obama hasn't committed any crimes. Those Republican idiots lost the election, get over it.

Old 07-09-2009, 07:01 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wellness View Post
This has been going on too long and American should be tired of this BS!
He's been President for less than six months. You've got a long road ahead of you.

Quote:
Please stop the Obama crush and root for impeachment!
Yeah, right. Are you for real?

Old 07-09-2009, 07:07 PM

785 posts, read 1,050,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by love roses View Post
Sarah Palin isn't governor anymore so you need to find another person to pick on.
I'll pick on whoever I damn well please! Sarah Palin lived large at the Alaskan tax payers expense. But did you say anything when she was charging the state a per diem to stay in her own damn house? of course not. Did you care that Bush was traveling to his ranch every week at the taxpayers expense? Please, you could care less. Now your just pissed because the American people woke up and realized the Republicans were ****ing up the country and threw those *******s out. Your bitter and just want to pick a fight with someone.

Old 07-09-2009, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by love roses View Post
Sarah Palin isn't governor anymore so you need to find another person to pick on.
My understanding is that she is the most popular Republican right now. Some might say she's the current leader of the Republican Party. She's still very much a part of the picture.

Old 07-09-2009, 07:16 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennySquirrel View Post
Now not only are the liberals dragging Bush into yet another Obammy post, but now you are digging up the corpse of Diana to prove it is OK for Obammy to haul his wife, kids, inlaws and godmother along on the tax payers dollar.

Can you ever defend your messiah without dragging others into it?
We can't just talk about Obama in a vacuum. I actually don't begrudge Bush, Reagan, or any other president taking their families along with them. I think you just started following policitcs in the last six months, when Obama became president, or you'd know about this stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennySquirrel View Post
OK you show me a link where other presidents were taking inlaws AND godmothers on "business meetings". I'll wait for those links.
Here's a link from the Bejing Olympics. I'd note, too, that one of the Bush daughter's boyfriends (now husband) was with them an awful lot.

Sorry, but I'm not going to spend all night googling on the computer b/c you refuse to believe that Obama is just following precedent.

Laura Bush, her daughter, Barbara, and members of the U.S. Olympic Delegation, cheer on American Speed Skater Chad Hedrick Saturday, Feb. 11, 2006, during his heat at the 2006 U.S. Winter Olympics, in Turin, Italy. Hedrick went on to win the first go

Old 07-09-2009, 07:18 PM

2,501 posts, read 7,764,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Considering everything going on in the world, I think this is a very minor concern. One would have to have a minor brain in order to get riled up over it.
Considering the state of our country's economy, this is NOT a minor concern....these expenses add up. He needs to be setting an example on how to cut costs and avoid unnecessary governmental spending.
People need to get their heads out of the sand.

Old 07-09-2009, 07:25 PM

37,199 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCBeaches View Post
Considering the state of our country's economy, this is NOT a minor concern....these expenses add up. He needs to be setting an example on how to cut costs and avoid unnecessary governmental spending.
The Obamas are paying for their own travel, and I think it is a wonderful thing to be able to show your children the world.

One of these days one of the girls may want to follow in her Father's footsteps. The things learned about foreign countries on trips with the POTUS can't be anything but beneficial.

Even if the taxpayers were footing the bill, it would be fine by me. I would consider the expense to be an investment in the future of America.

Old 07-09-2009, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCBeaches View Post
I believe the expenses are being paid for out of his own pocket. This is much ado about nothing (as usual).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies