Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2009, 10:46 AM

6,022 posts, read 7,829,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Sounds like it to me too. I guess you have to be white to do a hate crime. Get used to it. That is the way things seem to be going. White people just don't matter anymore.

Our ancestors built a country where people can be free to do as they want and this is how they use that freedom. Some people just don't have the maturity to be free. With every privilege comes a responsibility. It is time for some to step up to the plate and be responsible or maybe they should rot in prison.

My husband said that the hate crime law is the dumbest thing he has ever heard. Just lock up the criminals. What was on their minds when they did the crime doesn't matter. He said every crime is a hate crime.
i can rip this post to shredds but i wont
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2009, 11:33 AM

6,734 posts, read 9,341,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Because it isn't???
You're probably right. FNC should be pounding the pavement for some answers. I think the media knows something that the public does not. They could be ignoring the story for fear of embarrassment.

It's a conspiracy

Old 07-17-2009, 01:54 PM

1,718 posts, read 2,299,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AT9 View Post
This is exactly why I don't support hate crimes AT ALL. If someone commits a crime, whatever the reasoning behind it may be, he/she/they should be punished accordingly. Hate crimes have the effect of creating a two-tiered justice system... one for people protected under hate crimes, and another for people who are not. Hate crimes are racist (or sexist or whatever), because they give preference to a certain group of people only because of their particular race, gender, sexual orientation, etc. For instance...

A. A white man beats up another white man and the criminal gets sentenced to 2 years in prison (these are completely hypothetical numbers).

B. A white man beats up a black man to an equal degree of the first crime, yet this criminal gets sentenced to 3 years in prison because it was not only assault and battery, but also a hate crime.

Do you see where the preference is shown? Why should the criminal who attacked the black man be subject to more time prison time? The two crimes were equally heinous, so they should get equal punishment. The reasoning behind the person's crime should not matter when it comes to punishing that person. If we're supposed to have an equal society, then person's punishment should not be dependant upon the victim's skin color or sex life. And really, I think that hate crimes only further divide the country and different races. How are we expected to treat each other as equals when the government tells us that we are not?
No, you are incorrect. The white man would get the same sentence for beating either a white man or a black man other things being equal.

The motivation for the crime is what could make them unequal. Motivtion has always been a factor in the criminal justice system. For example, motivation can determine different degrees of murder with different panalties. Nothing new here.

If the white man beats up a black man in order to rob him, no hate crime. If the white man beats up a black man simply because he is black, then we have a hate crime.

A hate crime has a much larger impact on society than a simple robbery. If someone is beating blacks just because they're black it causes fear and concern for the whole black community. Hate crimes are perpetrated to terrorize send a message. Its an act of terror. As such, hate crimes should be punished more harshly.

- Reel

Old 07-17-2009, 02:08 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,555,443 times
And if a black man beats up/attacks a white man simply because he is white, would you call that a hate crime? Or merely justification for wrongs from a century ago?

Old 07-17-2009, 02:51 PM

382 posts, read 954,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AT9 View Post
This is exactly why I don't support hate crimes AT ALL. If someone commits a crime, whatever the reasoning behind it may be, he/she/they should be punished accordingly. Hate crimes have the effect of creating a two-tiered justice system... one for people protected under hate crimes, and another for people who are not. Hate crimes are racist (or sexist or whatever), because they give preference to a certain group of people only because of their particular race, gender, sexual orientation, etc. For instance...

A. A white man beats up another white man and the criminal gets sentenced to 2 years in prison (these are completely hypothetical numbers).

B. A white man beats up a black man to an equal degree of the first crime, yet this criminal gets sentenced to 3 years in prison because it was not only assault and battery, but also a hate crime.

Do you see where the preference is shown? Why should the criminal who attacked the black man be subject to more time prison time? The two crimes were equally heinous, so they should get equal punishment. The reasoning behind the person's crime should not matter when it comes to punishing that person. If we're supposed to have an equal society, then person's punishment should not be dependant upon the victim's skin color or sex life. And really, I think that hate crimes only further divide the country and different races. How are we expected to treat each other as equals when the government tells us that we are not?
You are making a huge assumption that we are "supposed to have an equal society". I don't really believe that minorities want an equal society. I think it is only white people who feel guilty that buy into that notion. No one who enjoys special class privileges will ever want equality. This is a trap white people have put themselves in. That's why I believe we will never get rid of racial quotas completely. Since initially no standard was drawn and agreed upon beforehand to show what will be an acceptable level of equality in our society; how will we all know when we have arrived at the correct equality number? There is no end point. Therefore, there can never be an acceptable level of equality from the minorities standpoint. Why should there be, its in their best interest to have special privileges forever. Our Congress is going to be passing stiffer and more complex penalties for hate crimes which means more inequality; which I believe is by design. Our federal government is and always has been the problem that divides us. They are like a parent that favors one child over another; they play favorites.

Old 07-17-2009, 03:07 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expgc View Post
You are making a huge assumption that we are "supposed to have an equal society". I don't really believe that minorities want an equal society. I think it is only white people who feel guilty that buy into that notion. No one who enjoys special class privileges will ever want equality. This is a trap white people have put themselves in. That's why I believe we will never get rid of racial quotas completely. Since initially no standard was drawn and agreed upon beforehand to show what will be an acceptable level of equality in our society; how will we all know when we have arrived at the correct equality number? There is no end point. Therefore, there can never be an acceptable level of equality from the minorities standpoint. Why should there be, its in their best interest to have special privileges forever. Our Congress is going to be passing stiffer and more complex penalties for hate crimes which means more inequality; which I believe is by design. Our federal government is and always has been the problem that divides us. They are like a parent that favors one child over another; they play favorites.
Am I missing something here? What are these "special class privileges" that minorities - I assume you are talking about nonwhite people here - enjoy?

Old 07-17-2009, 03:10 PM

1,617 posts, read 2,638,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predos View Post
And if a black man beats up/attacks a white man simply because he is white, would you call that a hate crime? Or merely justification for wrongs from a century ago?
Maybe thats what you would like to think...but as posted above it would be considered a hate crime, plain & simple.

Not "justification" of the past

Old 07-17-2009, 04:15 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,624,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expgc View Post
Well said. Affirmative action may have been somewhat helpfull 40 years ago, but now, its just pandering.

Old 07-17-2009, 05:42 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,452,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Ohio.com - Akron police investigate teen mob attack on family (http://www.ohio.com/news/50172282.html - broken link)
"Out of nowhere, the six were attacked by dozens of teenage boys, who shouted ''This is our world'' and ''This is a black world'' as they confronted Marshall and his family.

Sure sounds like a hate crime to me...
Not according to liberal freaks. Attorney General Eric Holder said as much on June 26, 2009 when he testified before Congress on S. 909 (yet another open season on "whitey" law).

Under questioning, Attorney General Holder was surprisingly forthright in admitting that the hate bill is not intended to protect everyone, or even the majority. He said only historically oppressed minorities were to benefit. This means Jews, blacks, homosexuals, women, etc. Holder made it clear that if a white Christian male, including a serviceman or police officer, was the victim of a violent hate crime by any minority he would have to find redress from traditional law. He could not avail himself of the triple penalties and rapid government/justice system response given a protected minority.

Clearly the 14th Amendment means nothing to these liberal freaks.

Old 07-17-2009, 06:36 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Clearly the 14th Amendment means nothing to these liberal freaks.
The only thing that is clear is that you have little understanding of either the legislative intent or the history of the 14th Amendment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies