Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2009, 05:02 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,641,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Interesting response...
Thanks, So what is your answer?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2009, 05:06 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,545,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
why are you making this silly speech?

I guess the "silly speech" could go hand in hand with your silly responses

Old 07-15-2009, 05:08 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,545,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Thanks, So what is your answer?
my responsibility to educate begins and ends with MY FAMILY and those i know personally, to speak for or try to instill a solution on others, i will leave that to those of you that know it all.

Old 07-15-2009, 07:33 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,229,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
Of course if it was a black family attacked by white teens, it would be called a hate crime and be a headline story on national news, and windbags like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton would be yelling and protesting.

No double standard from the liberals, right?
You'll be happy to learn that you and Al Sharpton are on the same side with this one! And it came from a site that you would probably trust.

Marshall said this week he believed the attack was racially motivated.

Support for the Marshalls arrived this week from the Rev. Sharpton, a national activist for the black community. A spokesman said Sharpton is aware of the attack and does not condone the behavior of the teens.

Sharpton’s National Action Network supports the FBI investigation, the spokesman said.

“These teens need to be punished as much as any dumb redneck in white sheets,” said Richard Jones, a Sharpton spokesman based in Cleveland. “Nobody should be attacked like this, whether they are black or white. These young men who are responsible need to be brought to justice.”

This might pose a problem:

Marshall, in an interview today, said police questioned him late Wednesday night about the attack and the chants he heard. His wife, Yvonne Marshall, said she recalls telling officers and a detective about the chants the night of the attack.

The remarks are not noted in a police report released by the department. A box to denote whether the attack was a hate crime is marked “no bias/not applicable.”

American Renaissance News: FBI Asked to Investigate Attack on White Family Near Firestone Park (http://www.amren.com/mtnews/archives/2009/07/fbi_asked_to_in.php - broken link)

Old 07-15-2009, 07:39 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,349,863 times
Did they officially call this a hoax yet? What's the holdup?

Old 07-15-2009, 08:21 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,891,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
Did they officially call this a hoax yet? What's the holdup?
Because it isn't???

Old 07-15-2009, 09:34 PM

191 posts, read 810,321 times
I read the news from all over the nation. Black on white crime is out of control. The statistics speak for themselves. Whites let the "politically correct white guilt thought police" get the upper hand in this nation, and whites will never get it back. This situation is not improving, folks. And as a result look at all the dangerous ghettos in Ohio: Akron, Cleveland, Youngstown, Cincinnati, Dayton, Toldeo, Lorain, Steubenville, Canton! No wonder the Buckeye State has become the Ghetto State. And I have been to all of those cities and I wouldn't go out at night without 10 bodyguards.

Old 07-16-2009, 12:44 AM

4,367 posts, read 3,488,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIF View Post
You'll be happy to learn that you and Al Sharpton are on the same side with this one! And it came from a site that you would probably trust.

Marshall said this week he believed the attack was racially motivated.

Support for the Marshalls arrived this week from the Rev. Sharpton, a national activist for the black community. A spokesman said Sharpton is aware of the attack and does not condone the behavior of the teens.

Sharpton’s National Action Network supports the FBI investigation, the spokesman said.

“These teens need to be punished as much as any dumb redneck in white sheets,” said Richard Jones, a Sharpton spokesman based in Cleveland. “Nobody should be attacked like this, whether they are black or white. These young men who are responsible need to be brought to justice.”

This might pose a problem:

Marshall, in an interview today, said police questioned him late Wednesday night about the attack and the chants he heard. His wife, Yvonne Marshall, said she recalls telling officers and a detective about the chants the night of the attack.

The remarks are not noted in a police report released by the department. A box to denote whether the attack was a hate crime is marked “no bias/not applicable.”

American Renaissance News: FBI Asked to Investigate Attack on White Family Near Firestone Park (http://www.amren.com/mtnews/archives/2009/07/fbi_asked_to_in.php - broken link)
Wow........I have renewed respect for Sharpton!

Old 07-16-2009, 12:48 AM

689 posts, read 743,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
"Akron police are investigating. Right now, the case is not being classified as a racial hate crime. There were no other reports of victims assaulted by the group that night."

Maybe it is but we'll see..Really stupid either way. This statement is very interesting though.

"The construction worker said he now fears for his family's safety, and the thousands of dollars in medical bills he faces without insurance."
He shouldn't fear losing thousands in medical bills he faces without insurance. Crime Victim's Compensation should cover it. I'm not sure that there are any states that don't have this. Ohio does.

Old 07-16-2009, 08:03 AM

1,655 posts, read 3,249,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
The problem is that black people don't want equality. They want to rule over us.

Any black person that shouts racism today is just doing it so they can take advantage of others. Slaves were freed over a 100 years ago and they at that time had the opportunity to go out and make it on their own just like anybody else. Some have and can really be proud of themselves. The reason the rest don't absolutely puzzles me.

A lot of black people are suffering from an unforgiving spirit. You can't move forward until you let go of the past. I hope they will soon be able to do this before they destroy our nation.
Oh, man... this made laugh! Reminds me of the spectacle that is the Sotamayor confirmation hearings... all these old, rich, privileged white men bemoaning how this Puerto Rican might have a perspective different from that of the privileged class... it's just too fun to watch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies