Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: When you see the Confederate flag displayed,what thoughts or feelings do you have about that time in
It represents a great period of American history 10 21.28%
I know it offends people but its my right to fly it 10 21.28%
It is offensive if people are proud of states rights,they can fly their state flag 12 25.53%
Don't really care 18 38.30%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2009, 09:04 AM

8,292 posts, read 26,676,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by culturedmom View Post
I liked it better when you were ignoring my posts. Let's go back to that, shall we?
So you can continue to spew out racist nonsense without being challenged?

I'm sure you DID like it better that way. Very few blind haters want to be exposed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2009, 09:07 AM

481 posts, read 943,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
So you can continue to spew out racist nonsense without being challenged?

I'm sure you DID like it better that way. Very few blind haters want to be exposed.
AMEN! Gramps exposed me. Good on you. Now can you go away? Damn, you're a stubborn old coot.

Old 07-18-2009, 09:11 AM

Quote:
AMEN! Gramps exposed me. Good on you. Now can you go away? Damn, you're a stubborn old coot.
I'll go away if and when I feel like it.

In the meantime, if and when I feel like it, I'll simply respond to your blind, hate and blame filled posts, and expose what you're saying.

If you don't like it, you're more than welcome to go away. I'm sure there is somebody somewhere who will gulp down your crap as if it isn't what it clearly is.

Old 07-18-2009, 09:13 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,020,621 times
Quote:
Sounds to me like the poem struck a nerve.

Perhaps there are things in your own life that you simply can't bring yourself to look at honestly.
The only nerve it strikes with me is how painfully obvious it is that there are so many adults out there who have the critical thinking skills of second graders.

I googled the first 3 lines of that "poem" and the results were pretty interesting.

Old 07-18-2009, 09:21 AM

481 posts, read 943,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWillowPlate View Post
The only nerve it strikes with me is how painfully obvious it is that there are so many adults out there who have the critical thinking skills of second graders.

I googled the first 3 lines of that "poem" and the results were pretty interesting.
Oh my Gosh, that was Michael Richards defense speech?!? Wow. Look Omaha Rocks. I can't stand you, but I have never called you a racist and never thought the stuff you siad on here came from that sort of place, no matter how much I disagreed with it. However, if after knowing the intent behind this so-called poem, you still want to defend it, then it is obvious what you truly are.

Old 07-18-2009, 09:24 AM

Quote:

And your point is?

Hmmm... Are there stupid White racists? Yep! Absolutely! Are there stupid non-White racists? Yep! Absolutely!

But what threads like this (and others here on CD, of essentially the same topic) do, is expose the fact that it is now PC to blame Whites for everything that's wrong in the world, and for Blacks to use that as an excuse for doing stupid, self-destructive things. It is now PC for all non-Whites to be hate-filled racists, and to do so with immunity. All a person has to do is fall back on the "one drop rule", and you can be as bigoted as any hood-wearing KKK coward, and you cannot be called a racist.

Old 07-18-2009, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Oh my Gosh, that was Michael Richards defense speech?!? Wow. Look Omaha Rocks. I can't stand you, but I have never called you a racist and never thought the stuff you siad on here came from that sort of place, no matter how much I disagreed with it. However, if after knowing the intent behind this so-called poem, you still want to defend it, then it is obvious what you truly are.
I'm not defending anything.

I'm simply exposing your self-righteous racial hatred - as if I really needed to do that, considering what a stellar job of it you do all by yourself.

Old 07-18-2009, 10:43 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,020,621 times
Quote:
And your point is?

Hmmm... Are there stupid White racists? Yep! Absolutely! Are there stupid non-White racists? Yep! Absolutely!
Indeed.
This thread is about the Confederate flag and what it means to people.
That 'poem' purports to be some sort of manifesto of white rights.

If we had an organization for only whites to "advance" our lives, we'd be racists.
You have Cesar Chavez Day.
You have Yom Hashoah

Do you *really* not see how ridiculous the above is?
Do you know who Cesar Chavez was, or what Yom Hashoah is?
(BTW, neither of those are federal holidays.)
Quote:
But what threads like this (and others here on CD, of essentially the same topic) do, is expose the fact that it is now PC to blame Whites for everything that's wrong in the world, and for Blacks to use that as an excuse for doing stupid, self-destructive things. It is now PC for all non-Whites to be hate-filled racists, and to do so with immunity. All a person has to do is fall back on the "one drop rule", and you can be as bigoted as any hood-wearing KKK coward, and you cannot be called a racist.
There has been some hyperbole in this thread, but what I've bolded is really a bit much. Aren't we in Great Debates here?

I do not recall anything in this thread that painted whites as everything that's wrong with the world.

Has the opportunity structure been skewed in favor of whites?
Of course it has.
Is that changing? Yes.
Should the race card be played?
No.
Does everyone have the legal right to display the Battle Flag?
Yes.
Do we all have to like it?
No.

Old 07-18-2009, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Indeed.
This thread is about the Confederate flag and what it means to people.
Right.

I have never owned a Confederate Flag, and never will. I have never flown one, and never will.

But even if I was from the South, and had some vested interest in it, I still wouldn't fly a Confederate Flag now because I live in a black neighborhood. And even though I could try to make a point of it, I wouldn't fly it because it would probably offend some of my neighbors - and it's just not worth it.

Old 07-18-2009, 11:08 AM

4,469 posts, read 7,195,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post
I think to some southerners, it means being southern, or at least that is what many of them tell me. Personally, I think some people could be lying as well.

Eh. I know I'm Southern, just like I know I'm American. I don't need to salute a bit of cloth to prove either one. As for being proud to be either one...it's nothing I personally did that made me an American woman or a Southerner. I'm grateful for my heritage and my citizenship, and mighty pleased by it, but I can't say I'm proud of it.

Why do you assume others are lying?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies