Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2009, 10:47 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,445,519 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmg1 View Post
Joe Biden is on his way to Ohio this morning to smooth things over there.

All is good now. Rest easy.
Why yes he is campaigning in Ohio today!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2009, 10:48 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,638,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosinante View Post
The really foolish had their way last November... primarily by voting several times.

Here's another story:

Rasmussen Reports™: The Most Comprehensive Public Opinion Data Anywhere

The next 3.5 years can't go by quickly enough for me and other clear-thinking Americans who believe — as most other countries that have tried it — that Marxism isn't conducive to freedom.

BTW, the ONE MAN, ONE VOTE principle will be enforced in the next presidential election, thus assuring that the dolt currently in the White House will be limited to one term — just like that other dumbo, Carter.

I'm just hoping the "dearly departed" and "d*mn illegals" are not counted again in order to ramp up the votes.

Old 07-09-2009, 10:49 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times

Great visual.

Old 07-09-2009, 10:50 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,477,737 times
How much did Obama win Ohio by? Wasn't it like 51%? Man, I guess a 2% drop in a traditionally red state is horrible.

Old 07-09-2009, 10:51 AM

5,165 posts, read 6,052,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
How much did Obama win Ohio by? Wasn't it like 51%? Man, I guess a 2% drop in a traditionally red state is horrible.
traditionally red?
That is an inaccurate assesment of Ohio.

Old 07-09-2009, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
traditionally red?
That is an inaccurate assesment of Ohio.
It actually is.

Here's the most important blurb from the article.

"In the race for Ohio's U.S. Senate seat being vacated by retiring George Voinovich in 2010, Lee Fisher and Jennifer Brunner remain neck-and-neck for the Democratic nomination and both would defeat any of the GOP candidates if the election were today."

Obama's approval ratings are fun to squabble over today but are meaningless until 2012. The above statement is meaningful today.

Old 07-09-2009, 11:03 AM

5,165 posts, read 6,052,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
It actually is.

Here's the most important blurb from the article.

"In the race for Ohio's U.S. Senate seat being vacated by retiring George Voinovich in 2010, Lee Fisher and Jennifer Brunner remain neck-and-neck for the Democratic nomination and both would defeat any of the GOP candidates if the election were today."

Obama's approval ratings are fun to squabble over today but are meaningless until 2012. The above statement is meaningful today.
The Senate election will not be held today it will be in 16 months so that is a meaningless statement in the article.
I would say his approval ratings will be meaningless until 2010 not 12. Because if he is at 45% in 2010 Republicans will take back congress and his aggresive agenda will go down the tubes in gridlock.

Old 07-09-2009, 11:09 AM

17,376 posts, read 16,518,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I stopped that filthy habit in 1980 after doing it for 30 years. I am certainly glad that I am not paying the healthy tobacco taxes to keep the Democrats evil program going.
I kicked the habit a while back, myself.

I normally wouldn't give anyone grief for struggling with the habit - I know how tough it is to quit.

But, before he was elected, our President promised that he would quit and he hasn't. Typical bs from BO.

Come on Obama - Quit already!

Old 07-09-2009, 11:10 AM

1,653 posts, read 4,297,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wellness View Post
Ohio screw themselves by majority of them voting for Barrack.
I lived in Ohio during the election and Acorn was out in full force in Ohio. Voter fraud was out of control.

People were coming in from other states into rental houses that were provided to use the address and then they could register and vote on the same day and then leave. It was A major SCAM and everyone knew it.

More people were voting then there were registered living in counties. But the Dems in charge decided not to investigate. They didn't have enough time.
They were driving busses around and picking up homeless and driving them to a polling place and getting them to vote. (with no ID) so there was no control over how many times they voted. FRAUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am glad I took my tax dollars and left that sorry a%* state.

Old 07-09-2009, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
The Senate election will not be held today it will be in 16 months so that is a meaningless statement in the article.
I would say his approval ratings will be meaningless until 2010 not 12. Because if he is at 45% in 2010 Republicans will take back congress and his aggresive agenda will go down the tubes in gridlock.
Hold on..The Senate seats which are up in 16 months are meaningless while the Presidential poll is meaningful and it isn't up for 3 years? LOL..Did you really say that? So, it's only about what YOU see as and deem as being meaningful..Whatever..LOL..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies