Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 10:49 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Whatever you say.

I prefer to look at an average of all polls because that's what a professional statistician would do.

Pollster.com: National Job Approval: Pres. Barack Obama

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - President Obama Job Approval

The only problem with that is they avaerage in old polls with the new. Rasmussen is new every day and they have the same polls over and over so you can track trends like the generic congressional poll.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2009, 10:55 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
I quit smoking in 1982. I guess I'm a quitter too.
I stopped that filthy habit in 1980 after doing it for 30 years. I am certainly glad that I am not paying the healthy tobacco taxes to keep the Democrats evil program going.

Old 07-08-2009, 10:58 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,659,127 times
Quote:
The only problem with that is they avaerage in old polls with the new. Rasmussen is new every day and they have the same polls over and over so you can track trends like the generic congressional poll.
I don't see how they average in "old polls" with the new.

Also, Rasmussen is almost always an outlier. This fact raises a red flag. It's possible that they are the only ones who are getting the opinion polls right, but it's pretty unlikely. I think if Democrats were to only cite one polling agency that portrays Democrats much more favorably than any other poll, Republicans would be laughing at them.

Old 07-08-2009, 11:00 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,659,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I stopped that filthy habit in 1980 after doing it for 30 years. I am certainly glad that I am not paying the healthy tobacco taxes to keep the Democrats evil program going.
It would be easy to get the impression from some posters that the American political scene boils down to this: "Democrats are evil, Republican are good".

Old 07-08-2009, 11:00 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times
Quote:
I wonder what will happen if he drops to -6 tomorrow. They can't stand to see Rasmussen on anything because, like me, they like to see things that fit their agenda and I sure am happy with this Rasmussen poll.

I meant to bring along the whole standings for that poll from the very beginning but find that I got here without it.

The best thing they had today is that 54% of our people think that the Russians will not live up to their promises about nuclear weapons. The worst part of this is that Obama doesn't think they will cheat on him. He thinks his best thing is his charisma and can't understand that Putin is way more man than he is.

Old 07-09-2009, 06:23 AM

2,793 posts, read 6,121,360 times
Default Approval numbers diving for our Leftist President

Obama's Poll Numbers Are Falling to Earth - WSJ.com

It is simply wrong for commentators to continue to focus on President Barack Obama's high levels of popularity, and to conclude that these are indicative of high levels of public confidence in the work of his administration. Indeed, a detailed look at recent survey data shows that the opposite is most likely true. [MOD CUT/copyright]

Last edited by Ibginnie; 07-09-2009 at 07:54 AM..

Old 07-09-2009, 06:28 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
I guess the fanatic right wing neo-con propoganda is working by insisting that government is always bad. They simply stay on topic and eventually the foolish are fooled.

Old 07-09-2009, 06:32 AM

2,793 posts, read 6,121,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I guess the fanatic right wing neo-con propoganda is working by insisting that government is always bad. They simply stay on topic and eventually the foolish are fooled.
Reality sucks, don't it?

Old 07-09-2009, 06:52 AM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times
Quote:
This doesn't say anything that disputes the OPs data.

When a plethora of polls seem to agree that's fine but to truly see trending you should look at one poll question over a period of time, by one pollster, because the methodology of that pollster should remain constant.

The only comment I'm making is pick a pollster and stick with the same one to see trending on a particular question. Don't fish for the snapshot results you want.

Old 07-09-2009, 06:55 AM

5,165 posts, read 6,050,636 times
Quote:
Neocons are pro Big Government, pro nation building, and pro deficit spending. They believe in big brother and the highest degree of security possible no matter what the infringements are on personal liberties. So when you go on the attack at least know who and what you are attacking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies