Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 08:36 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,079,627 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
1.Term limits of 4 years for all elected offices.
2. Outlaw lobbiests.
3. End foreign aid until we are in the black and then no foreign aid that will put us into the red.
ALL good suggestions

I especially like #s 2 and 3
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2009, 08:36 PM

2,538 posts, read 3,876,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
1. Let Sweden run our country for a while.

LOL

20yrsinBranson

I think you are on to something!
Honestly, I would like for him to pass some kind of Universal Healthcare like France. Oh, and their vacation time/maternity leave, and free college. I think France is on to something here...
I think that covers it

Old 07-09-2009, 11:19 PM

7,138 posts, read 14,638,103 times
A formal apology to my country.

Old 07-10-2009, 12:55 AM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,110,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
If we are going to start repealing things,how about starting with NAFTA?
AMEN!!!!!!!!!!! I'd go along with this one in a heartbeat.

And I would also like to see the outlawing of all lobbyist as well as complete and total revision of campaign finance laws to take ALL contributions of over $100 by ANY entity out of elections. The airwaves (which belong to US) would have to donate the same amount of airtime to all candidates and campaigning would be strictly restricted to 6 months prior to the election.

Old 07-10-2009, 01:15 AM

1,966 posts, read 2,703,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
health care, environment, tax reform? what would you like to see him push through?
Universal Healthcare. Without a doubt.

Old 07-10-2009, 05:18 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,079,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
AMEN!!!!!!!!!!! I'd go along with this one in a heartbeat.

And I would also like to see the outlawing of all lobbyist as well as complete and total revision of campaign finance laws to take ALL contributions of over $100 by ANY entity out of elections. The airwaves (which belong to US) would have to donate the same amount of airtime to all candidates and campaigning would be strictly restricted to 6 months prior to the election.
GOOD POST

Old 07-10-2009, 06:50 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,008,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossomo View Post
His resignation
Exactly!

Old 07-10-2009, 07:39 AM

989 posts, read 2,498,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Tax reform, either a flat or consumption tax. Everyone pays the same percentage and we get our finacial house in order with the excess.
Casper
Love it. However, that bill would be vetoed in a nanosecond.

Old 07-10-2009, 01:45 PM

1,598 posts, read 1,936,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post

I agree.

Pass a mandate that our government's books MUST BE BALANCED.

Ff the company I work for is losing money we have to figure out a way to reverse the trend, be it by reducing costs or generating more revenue. If we fail to do that, people must be fired and we risk going under. Why can't we hold the government to the same standard?

It's really so simple it's mind boggling that we are in the mess we are in.......

I'm pretty conservative on tax issues and size of government but I'd be willing to pay more in taxes if that's what it took to get our financial house in order.

That being said, I think the best way to get us back on track is to lower taxes across the board, give tax incentives for large companies to create jobs in the USA, invest in the USA, ect.....

A close second for me would be some type of Fee Trade Act that repealed NAFTA and addressed some of the trade imbalances American companies face overseas. We need to let the world know that if they want access to our market they need to play fair. On a level playing field an American made product can compete with any other nation's products.

Old 07-10-2009, 02:18 PM

1,117 posts, read 1,994,521 times
Abolish welfare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies