Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 08:22 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,277,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
Hurry up and pass that Cr@p and Tax, dern it, before they get wise!

Why do you think Obama was rushing this through so fast and told the EPA and others to NOT let them real info out?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2009, 08:22 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,113,650 times
Never let it be said that repubs believe in/understand/ study, science...if it doesn't fit on a bumper sticker it's a lie

Old 07-09-2009, 09:06 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,638,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
Check out a theory called "the Big Freeze"...very interesting theory predicting that "Global Warming" will lead to a climatological cool down and another Ice Age. We statistically and on a Geological time scale are long over due for another global cooling period resulting from the Thermohaline circulation in our oceans collapsing. See alse Britain Freezes, if I remember correctly....
Yes, I have actually read the same information. Which should lead everyone to the same conclusion. We are experiencing a natural occurence that has repeated over time for untold millenia. Nature is a power to great to imagine, and the natural order changes as time goes by. Warm ups and cool downs have been documented by the scientific community going back thousands and thousands of years so I don't understand any other reason for the global warming scare other than a play to usurp freedom and gain more regulatory power. And they actually gave Al Gore the Nobel Prize.

Old 07-09-2009, 09:08 PM

225 posts, read 573,859 times
Global warming isn't solely about "warming," as someone already pointed out. Read up on it before you disbelieve.

But in this case I'd say it's just Yonkers. I used to live there. It's a weird place. That's where Son of Sam lived. Something is in the air :-P

Old 07-09-2009, 09:09 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,638,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Never let it be said that repubs believe in/understand/ study, science...if it doesn't fit on a bumper sticker it's a lie
And never let it be said that Dems actually do their own research instead of continually quoting what their pet scientists fed them. There are just as many scientists out there opposing the global warming farce as there are that support it. And in case you have forgotten, no matter how hard they try to sell this to you, it is just a theory. Just as it is a theory that humans directly affect the climate. You have been sold an unproven theory as absolute truth and obviously, you ate it up and asked for seconds. Don't look down on others and act as if they don't understand science just because they don't gobble down every theory that comes their way. Some of the greatest minds in history once thought the world was flat and you could sail right off the edge. Turns out that theory was completely false. Just as this theory is.

PS. It will fit on a bumper sticker. Here are a few choices.

Stop Global Warming before my scotch on the rocks is just scotch.
Theory is not fact. Example: Global Warming
Wow, it's snowing in July. Damn that Global Warming!

Old 07-09-2009, 09:43 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,475,124 times
^^^??? Who do you expect to do the research? Are we all supposed to go out and set up our own research labs? I don't quite understand what you're saying here.

Old 10-18-2009, 11:23 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,479,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
Check out a theory called "the Big Freeze"...very interesting theory predicting that "Global Warming" will lead to a climatological cool down and another Ice Age. We statistically and on a Geological time scale are long over due for another global cooling period resulting from the Thermohaline circulation in our oceans collapsing. See alse Britain Freezes, if I remember correctly....

YouTube - Thermohaline Circulation and then
YouTube - Big Freeze (Part 1/5) and VOILA!

Old 10-19-2009, 03:32 AM

63 posts, read 246,089 times
Just blow up a couple of H Bombs. Nuclear Winter should even out the effects of Global Warming.

Old 10-19-2009, 04:34 AM

68,299 posts, read 54,213,280 times
Global? Local? Weather? Climate? Red? Green? Dark? Light?

All the same to those who choose to be blind.

Old 10-19-2009, 04:37 AM

68,299 posts, read 54,213,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthPoleMarathoner View Post
Maybe the Acid Rain will melt it.

My bad. That never existed either.

Acid Rain Facts, Acid Rain Information, Acid Rain Pictures, Acid Rain Effects - National Geographic

Care to explain National Geographic's misconception?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies